News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

•the first class

Started by potter_fan122, February 4, 2010, 09:57:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

potter_fan122

((Okay, you guys, this is a class RP, and it is OPEN. Anyone can join, but you have to have a decent sized post (at least five sentences, if you can), be responsible, and stay on topic. You`re free to do whatever you would normally do in a class. I`m doing this because this place is getting very non-Harry Potterish and we need some magic going on, okay? It`s DADA with a little element stuff mixed in. Have fun.))

Stacey stood just inside the door to the large classroom. She had somehow remain unnoticed as the students filed in, which had disappointed her a little. These people knew nothing of how to defend themselves or anything. Sure, they knew the spells and all that, but they didn`t really know. Stacey had felt each of them walk into the room and had gotten a glimpse of all of their minds. She had tried to tune them out-- it felt too personal to be in someone`s mind-- but there was just too many of them. With so much energy around her and so much potential, she felt like she was being electrocuted. It just felt impossible to keep them all away.

She tilted her head up and closed her eyes, searching for the time. 9:00. The girl nodded to herself and stepped out of the dark shadow.

"Good morning everybody." She said loudly and clearly from the back of the room, whisking the door closed and starting up the middle isle. She couldn`t help but smile a little as a few students in the back jumped at her appearance. *So unobservant.* The thought seemed to echo around her mind as she reached the front of the room and turned to face the others.

"You`re Defense Against the Dark Arts professor was ill today, and as most of you`ve noticed--" She eyed the people in the back of the room, "--I`ve been sitting in as the DADA Assistant, which makes me the ideal choice for a substitute. And since, of course, the professor isn`t exactly organized, I have absolutely no idea what he was planning to teach you today." She grinned, "Therefor, I was left to my own defenses."

She looked around the room and leaned back on the edge of the large desk. She looked a little imposing in her black pinstripe pants and jacket with a perfectly white button-up shirt underneath, and she knew it. A lot of the people in the class remembered her from when she was a student, and were staring up at her with big eyes. Stacey had gotten used to it, though. That stuff just happened when you were different, and Stacey was plenty different.

"Today we`ll be going over some defensive and offensive spells and how to realize when someone is standing close to you." She tapped the desk, looking around. Her grey eyes glittered in a bored sort of way, but she had a little smile and an open mannor.

((Two things. One, make sure you look up the spells, not just type some gibberish of the time comes. Two, read the words in a British accent, it`s so much cooler.  ;D))
"Get out of my way! I'm a free spirit!"
FOREVER WILL NEVER BE LONG ENOUGH.
"And now I understand a phrase I once thought odd;
I guess to love another person is to see the face of God."

fudge0604

Albus ran as fast as he could, dashing past corridors, doors, and other students who were unluckily late. He was panting, and he felt his temperature rise, much to his discomfort. A single pearl of sweat rolled down his light blue cheek. His backpack rattled, and the books in it jumped inside the walls, making it harder to run.

Frustrated, he became annoyed at the school clothing, as it made is so hard for him to run as fast as he could. Muttering to himself, he slowly noticed that he had arrived to the classroom. Coughing, he fished his wand out of his cloak, and put it against each of his armpits, whispering,   " Scourgify! ", to remove the odors from his body.

As he raised his hand, ready to knock and apologize, he noticed a familiar mind that shouldn't be inside the DADA room.

" Stacey... " Albus said out loud, as he knocked and opened the door, looking at his whole class turn to the door. Seeing Stacey at the desk, he started, whilst pacing quickly to his desk, " Sorry I'm late, Stacey! "

Sitting down, he noticed her serious dressing, with the jacket, and the lined pants. Swallowing down a chuckle, he remained silent, not wanting to embarrass himself further than he'd already done with coming late. Laying his wand at his desk, he took off his backpack, and readied himself for the lesson, getting rid of all unnecessary thoughts. Concentrating, he looked up at the catheter, looking straight into Stacey's eyes.

Post Potter depression.

potter_fan122

Albus, Albus, Albus.

Stacey could feel her friend running down the hall, could feel how he exerted himself and his annoyance witht he uniform. She shook her head-- back in the classroom-- to clear his mind away from hers. As a "teacher" she wasn`t supposed to get involved with students` mental abilities unless they were working on something specific, but with her wide range and unique energies it was kind of hard to block everyone out.

"Wlecome to class, Albus. You just missed my most exciting little intro to today`s lesson. I guess you`ll have to catch on." She smiled faintly, returning his gaze. There was a soft snicker from the other side of the room and her eyes instantly snapped to the culprit. Slowly she looked over the class once more.

"I`m guessing you all know of the Unforgivable Curses; while they aren`t used nearly as much as they used to be, they are still illegal. I`m sure you all know about Lord Voldemort and whatnot, though most of you weren`t born yet when his reign came to an end." She pushed off against the desk and slowly paced across the front of the room.

"Who here can name at least two attack spells besides the Unforgivables that you`ve been able to use at least once." She looked at Albus, not doubting that he knew way more than two spells.

Sky

Axel yawned as he leaned back in his chair that was in the very back of the room. He shouldn't have stayed up so late last night. He could feel the cold stone wall against his head as he closed his eyes. He could think of a few spells, but the teachers here haven't really taught them as much as they should have.

"There's the flipendo jinx and the bat-bogey-hex." Axel said aloud, moving several strands of crimson red hair from his face, but it just fell back into place. He pushed forward so that the two legs of the chair that were raised hit the ground with a loud thump.

fudge0604

Albus' hand shot up in the air, and when Axel was finished talking, he continued.

"There are many other offencive spells. Expelliarmus, impendimenta, incarcereus, petrificus totalus, stupefy, levicorpus, are among those who are used most often. " He messed in a monotone voice, slowly swishing his wand back and forth, doing wand motions for everyone of the spells he mentioned.

Albus had always liked answering in class, he enjoyed the smile from the teacher, the ten extra points to Gryffindoor. He liked showing off, but he liked showing off as a smart kid, not as the teachers pet. And to Albus, there was a fine line between those two.

Finishing, he made golden stars fly out with his wand, and laid it back on hid desk, pleased with himself, he caught himself smirking.

Post Potter depression.

potter_fan122

Stacey bit the inside of her cheek to keep from laughing. It was so obvious that Albus was enjoying himself, but he was trying to hide it. The monotone reply just yelled that to the world. She had never seen Albus not excited for a class, especially when it included spells. Teaching here was hard. She knew almost all of the students, and some of the older ones were even her friends, like Albus. It was hard sometimes to remember that and still act professional.

"Yes, there are those spells," She nodded to Axel and Albus, smiling. Where Albus was bubbly and fun to be around, Axel seemed to be like a dark stormcloud that hovered in doom. "How many of you have heard of the spells these two boys named?" She looked around at the fourteen or so students that raised her hands. Well, that was almost the whole class. "Okay, how many of your know how to use all of those spells?" Most of the hands went down.

Stacey sighed and pushed off of her desk, starting to pace across the front of the room. She twirled her wand between her fingers absently, eyes scanning the room.

"Defensive magic is one of the things that I know a lot of your are interested in. Some of you just want to know the spells so you can use them when the time comes, others need to be able to use them to protect themselves." She paused. " I`m going to teach you these spells because most of you want to know them if you ever need to protect yourself. After we`ve learned the defensive magics, we`ll learn the offensive ones. I`m trusting you to do your work when I ask you to, and in return I`ll try to make class more fun." She stopped pacing and glanced at Albus.

"Now, who wants to try and send a spell at me?"

fudge0604

Albus nodded as she spoke, identifying the context with what he'd read in his DADA book earlier, that year. As Stacey asked how many could use the spells that were mentioned, Albus turned around, marvelled. He'd never thought that his class had been so lacking in offencive spells, and he wondered how they could manage, not even knowing spells as impedimenta, incarcereus, and levicorpus. For him, using those spells was a daily ritual, as he liked to practise his aim by shooting spells out in the air.

When Stacey stopped, and asked if anyone wanted to send a spell at her, Albus chuckled, whilst making his hand airborne in a second. Grabbing his wand with his right, he pondered, whichever spell he should use. Going through textbooks after textbooks, he decided, that he was going to cast it non-verbally.

Albus choked a snicker, and closed his mind off to the surroundings. Hoping Stacey would choose him from the feeble amount of hands, he focused on one single word.

~Incendio!~

Post Potter depression.

potter_fan122

Stacey slowly looked around the class. At first most of the hands went up, but then quite a few went back down. The students who lowered their hands slouched down in their desks, like they were trying to hide. Stacey opened her mind a little bit, curious to why they backed out.

*I`m not gonna fire at her, she`ll blast me into a million pieces then tell me I`m stupid,* thought one rather pessimistic student in the back row.

Stacey cleane dher throat, glancing again at Albus, who looked really excited.

"Come on, guys. I know that a lot of you don`t know many defensive spells, but you have to know something. I just want to see how much you know, so I can help you learn more." The kid in the back seemed to sit up a little straighter, and that made her feel better. Her eyes moved to a slightly lighter blue color.

"Albus, why don`t you come up here and demonstrate for everyone how this is done."

fudge0604

Albus stood up, his wand tightly clenched in his right hand. A sly smirk was placed upon his face, casting a spell at Stacey, in the middle of a class would be immensely fun. With permission, to add. Walking quickly to the catheter, he looked at Stacey, readied himself with a deep breath, and lifted his wand at chest height. He stood few feet away from her, it was the greatest distance the classroom would allow, without destroying walls or casting spells over the students.

~Incendio!~ Golden flames erupt from his wand. They were gigantic, and they illuminated the room with an unearthly glow. Heat quickly spread through the room, as they leaped at Stacey.

Post Potter depression.

potter_fan122

As Albus stood up Stacey took a few steps back, raising her wand at chest height, just like Albus. She bowed her head a little and she heard his spell erupt in his mind.

With a flick of her free wrist a clear sheild formed around the rest of the room, sparing it fron the flames. She could have easily extinguished the fire with a snap, but she was here to teach students how to use their wands.

"Finite Incantatum. Expelliarmus." She spoke aloud, deciding to when a few people jumped back when the fire appeared when no spell had been spoken. Her words would be pleny effective, as long as Albus didn`t cast a spell back. The flames were extinguished thanks to the first spell, and his wand would go flying with the second.

fudge0604

" Protego! " Albus exclaimed, as he heard Stacey's counter. The spell ricocheted from his invisible force shield, bouncing right back at Stacey again. It had taken him hours and hours of practice to be able to control where spells ricocheted, and it was very useful to him. It was defensive magic at its best, and at its most difficult.

A smirk was spreading on Albus' face. When it was wand to wand, Stacey couldn't use her abnormal powers, and Albus had a much better chance against her. Even though they couldn't get so serious in a classroom, filled with students where most didn't know how to duel properly.

Post Potter depression.

HamandCheese

Bucky sat in his chair, man he hadtrouble getting up in the morning. Bucky ripped a bit of parchment out of his book he wrote 'Thanks for saving I disagree last night' and through it to Axel, Bucky then Decided to get back on task. Bucky raised his hand, unlike Albus he spoke in a low, almost sleeppy tone "I know a tonne of spells may I come up. Bucky stood, he was waking up, He said enthusiastically "Now I know  there is no dementors around, yet I will show you one spell".Bucky stood up and strainted his back 'focus on something happy' Bucky thought,what suprised him was all he could think about was Heather, Bucky then shouted "Expecto Patronum" and to his suprise, a full bodied patronous. Bucky cherred for his success then realisedall the hot hicks were looking at him like  he was a retard.
Dan Aykroyd Fans http://elwoodjake.proboards.com/index.cgi

Top on google search (Or second from the top)

[

Which is Bucky?? You decide.