News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

►f¡re

Started by potter_fan122, February 6, 2010, 11:51:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

potter_fan122

Stacey stood in the middle of the largest vacant classroom. There was nothing inside, not even desks. She stretched her hands over her head and laced her fingers, sighing as her knuckles popped. She turned as she lowered her arms and began to wave them in a purposeful way. A faint white glow pulsed away from her skin and expanded to fill the room before disappearing. It was just a simple charm to fireproff the room and keep anything from getting from getting too hot.

She was waiting for the girl Legacy. They had only really met the night before and had agreed on meeting tonight for Stacey to teach her some elemental magics. It was eight o`clock now, and past curfew. She had explained to Legacy that she wouldn`t be seen, and she would place enchantments in the corridors to keep her from being found. There were also protective spells placed outside the classroom.

Stacey wiggled her fingers her eyes flickering orange as she looked around the large room/ Huge bay windows filled one wall and let in the filtered moonlight. It was a little chilly in the room, but that sure wouldn`t be the case once they started using fire.

The teenager felt a disturbance on her mental radar and turned away from the door, concentrating on the incoming spot.

"Oh, Legacy." She sang right as the door opened.
"Get out of my way! I'm a free spirit!"
FOREVER WILL NEVER BE LONG ENOUGH.
"And now I understand a phrase I once thought odd;
I guess to love another person is to see the face of God."

maddalynn_may

Legacy had sprinted down the long hallway, she didn't want to be late.  She had on a blue sweatshirt, from it being colder early today and her hair was up in a highish ponytail.  Once she reached the door she opened it slowly but surely.  The room was sort of dark at first, but when you finally opened the door up, it was lighter then what it seemed.

She heard and saw Stacey standing there waiting for her, "Hi, Stacey." Legacy said to her with a little wave and a smile.

potter_fan122

Stacey turned to face the girl and smiled kindly, her eyes settled on her "natural" brown. She ran her hands over the hem of her fitted tee.

"Can you show me what you can do? You said things happen when you get mad or upset; have you ever tried doing something when you weren`t feeling like that?" She asked, getting right to business.

maddalynn_may

Legacy looked up at Stacey.  She thought about what she just said, and nodded.  "No I haven't really tried, but let me see.." She said to her.

Legacy began to think about all the times she had been upset with her dad.  Sometimes they got into little, or even big screaming fights.  She closed her as, and after a minute of deep thought a blue flame started to form right in front of her, slowly it started getting bigger but soon as she opened her eyes the flame  was gone.  All that was left was a little cloud of smoke.

potter_fan122

Stacey nodded her head thoughtfully, trying too clear the girl`s memory from her mind. It was an invasion of privacy, she knew, but she just couldn`t help it.

"Okay, that was fine, until it went out." She moved closer to Legacy, and held out her hands, palm up. "I think what you`re doing is associating fire with negative things. It`s shown up when something bad has happened, and it destroys. Try to think of fire as a kind of life." She moved her left hand and a little flame appeared above it, dancing merrily. "Fire destroys things, yes, but it also paves the way for new things to live." The little flame seemed to melt into her palm.

"I want you to think about a nice campfire, and you`re making s`mores. Do you know what those are?" Wizards missed out on so much Muggle fun. A lot of the people at the school had gave her odd looks when she mentioned s`mores, like she was crazy. Only after she explained what it was did they realize what they were, unless they were part Muggle.

maddalynn_may

Legacy listened to Stacey deeply.  She began to think about what she had said, and then it started to make some sense.  "Yes I do know what they are." She said to her thinking about her being back home with all her old muggle friends.  The thought of them made her smile.  They had alot of good times together.  She nodded in response to Stacey.

"Okay, I'll try it." She said, with determination in her voice.

She began to think about a campfire the heat of it too warm up up from fall or winters weather.  She thought about how the chocolate melted fast when you put the hot marshmellow on it.  These where the little things she missed.  A small flame started to form above her, soon becoming bigger.  But again it went out.  She tried it again, this time keeping the flame up longer.

potter_fan122

Stacey smiled. "That`s good, now try to make it a little bigger or hotter. Don`t be afraid about burning yourself, or you will." She advised, stepping to the side. She raised her hands again and rubbed them together. Sparks fell from them and when they made contact witht he floor they shot up into long, tall flames all in a row.

"Just try to push it into doing what you want it to. Act like the fire is inside of you, and you`re just controlling it."

maddalynn_may

Legacy nodded once more.  She thought of nothing.  Her mind was blank, as this was happening sparks flew up then they turned into a flame.  It grew bigger, and more blue.  It went out for a second but then came back in a few seconds.  She smiled to herself, and looked up at Stacey.

"Its this better?" She asked her.

potter_fan122

((I know that that word isn`t spelled right, but spell check hates me.))

Stacey nodded encouranginly.

"That`s great. Now try to do something with it, like make a flower or something small." She herself could make magnificent things with fire: great flying pheonixes, tiny fluttering birds, flower patches, great seas of flame. Anything she wanted.

maddalynn_may

Legacy began to think about the things she could do.  It wasn't much, and she didn't know if she could make anything.  She didn't even know what to make.  Things started to run through her mind, and as this was happening little flames started to shoot up in different colors to create fireworks above her.  She didn't even know what was going on.  She could tell.

"I don't know if I can." She said to Stacey.

potter_fan122

Stacey looked up as the flame turned into fireworks, which were reflected in her eyes.

"Try," she replied, You don`t know if you can or can`t until you try. Don`t do anything too fancy, just try to ease into it. Feel the heat traveling in you, out to your fingertips and emerging into something." She slowly stared to circle around Legacy, unable to stand still.

"Try a flower. Those are easy."

maddalynn_may

Legacy jumped as the last spark popped in front of her eyes.  She began to concentrate on the fire.  Legacy let it build up inside her.  Feeling it go through her body, the feeling was warm.  She also began to see it in her mind.

"Okaay."  She said to Stacey not knowing what else to say.  She began playing with her fingers then when she opened her hand a lilly was in her plam.  It lite up some of the room.

potter_fan122

Stacey nodded enthusiastically, grinning.

"That`s great, Legacy! Now try to make something bigger out of it, like a bird. Pheonixes are the easiest because they are the birds of fire, so the element welcomes the shape." She rolled her fingers back and forth and the room`s temperature dropped a little. It had gotten warmer in the room with the use of fire, and she had learned the hard way to make sure everything kept cool.

maddalynn_may

Legacy smiled at Stacey.  Now she started to think about all the things she could do with fire.  She began to think and came up with an idea she wanted to try.  She smiled to herself willing to try it.

The lilly in her hand started to move up into the air and soon it transformed into a pheonix.  It was smalled but grew in size.  Soon it started to fly around the room, circleing above them.

"Whats the biggest thing you can do with fire?"  She asked Stacey.

potter_fan122

Stacey smiled again as she watched the fiery bird circle them.

"Well, let`s just say it`s too big and dangerous to be done indoors and on schooll grounds." Really, she was a lot more powerful around the school. She absorbed so much energy from everything around the students and it gave her so much more to do, but so much more to block out.

"Do you want to leave it at that for tonoght, or do you want to try something else? You don`t want to push yourself too much or your powers will recede, but you want to make sure you exercise them enough. Do you feel tired at all?"