News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

The Balcony.

Started by Margot Alabaster, February 13, 2010, 11:00:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Margot Alabaster

Margot sat in Ravenclaw tower. Behind her were the laughs of other pupils. How long had it been since she had laughed? She wondered.

She sat on the very edge of the balcony, her feet hanging over the side. An old pair of converse, yellow, adorned her feet. She was wearing loose jeans, and a red shirt. A song ran through her head.
I wish that you were here with me to pass the dull weekend...

Except this wasn't the weekend, it was her life. For a few years at least. She sighed and ran a hand through her hair.

Sky

Seth was sitting beside a fellow classmate, laughing about some stupid thing that happened earlier that day. He was dressed in a white cotton t-shirt and striped blue flannel pants. He had socks on his feet but didn't feel like wearing shoes. His black hair, which was starting to get a little long, was spiked, a few strands hanging in front of his forest green eyes.

He turned his head and saw a girl sitting alone on the balcony. He got up and walked over to her, leaning against the balcony with his strong arms.

"It's a pretty view from up here, huh." He said.

Margot Alabaster

Margot jumped as the deep voice greeted her. She sat silently for a moment. Trying to force a response out of her mouth. "Yeah." She said in the quiet voice she always spoke in.

If she wasn't so timid she would have introduced herself first, but she didn't.

Sky

Seth closed his eyes and smirked. She must be shy. He remembered when he was that way. He used to be so scared of girls. He'd blush at the mere sight of them. But now he wasn't so afraid.

"I'm assuming you're new here? I don't think I've seen you around before. I'm Seth. Seth Lockhart." He paused when he looked at here. "Actually, my name's Landon, but I go by Seth."

potter_fan122

((Hope you don`t mind if I don`t jump in. =) Yell at me if you want me to go.))

"But I go by Seth."

Alice smiled, her reflective eyes closed. Seth. Seth. Seth. Seth. Seth. Memories of him ran through her head and her grin widened. Keeping her eyes closed, she stood up and started walking downstairs to the common room. She had been assigned to Ravenclaw this year, not graduating, so she was in the same house as Seth.

She opened her eyes when her bare feet touched the cool marble floor of the common room, her eyes scanning around. Finally she saw Seth and a girl out on the balcony. A weird twinge went through her. *Stop it,* she thought to herself. Yes, they were going through hard times together, but they were still together. Seth wasn`t the kind of guy who would cheat. At least she didn`t think he was.

"Seth." She all but whispered, appearing beside him in literally the time it took to blink. She smiled at him and held out her hand. She loved the way his hot skin felt against hers. He felt so human, and she envied him for that.
"Get out of my way! I'm a free spirit!"
FOREVER WILL NEVER BE LONG ENOUGH.
"And now I understand a phrase I once thought odd;
I guess to love another person is to see the face of God."

Sky

((You're fine. ^_^))

"Seth.

The mere mention of his name gave him shivers as it rang through his ears like music. He turned slowly to see Alice beside him, seemingly out of nowhere. He smiled and intertwined his fingers with her ice cold ones. For a moment, the wind blew softly against them, and Seth noticed how it pushed Alice's hair to the side. He carefully brushed it away. He wanted to see her eyes. Beautiful and blue.

"Hello." He said with a warm smile.

potter_fan122

Alice smiled and squeezed his hand as he brushed her hair away from her face. The familiar smell of him was so comforting. She almost forgot the girl, but she could smell her too.

"Hi. I`m Alice." She said to... Margot. The name was in the random thoughts of both the girl and Seth. Alice looked at Margot with her stunningly blue eyes, tilting her head to the side. Even though Seth had just moved her hair the cool wind blew it right back over her eyes. "You new here?" She asked, repeating the question that had been asked just before she entered.

Margot Alabaster

"Hi Alice, Seth..." She trailed off, a bit oblivious. "Yeah, I was just transferred here."

She noticed their closeness. Definitely a couple. She hoped Alice wasn't uncomfortable from them being alone, she knew how that happened. She didn't want to be that kind of girl.

potter_fan122

Alice smiled again, but only appeared to be welcoming. She was really good at pretending. Two hundred years did that to you. Inside she was anxious. She and Seth hadn`t been doing so well lately but he had seemed glad to take her hand. She was confused, and she hated it.

"That`s cool. Where`d you transfer from?"

Sky

Seth carefully released her hand and stared out over the balcony as the two spoke. A lot was running through his mind but he hid it from everyone by putting it away in the back of his mind. He ran his fingers through his soft black hair as he looked up at the sky.

"Yeah, and what year are you?"