News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

Substituting charms!

Started by fudge0604, March 4, 2010, 10:50:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fudge0604

Albus walked down the corridors of the castle Hogwarts, slowly. It was a big day for him, and he'd dressed properly too. Wearing his finest school robes, it was a long time since he'd walk around the school so fixed. A gigantic grin was placed upon his face, as he flashed his bright white teeth to a group of first years, staring at the strange, blue boy.

It had long been known that employing new professors for Hogwarts was a difficult task. Some had to retire eventually, and some, did not want to squander their precious lives teaching young brats swish and flicks.

The current charms professor had retired, wanting a quiet life, outside the castle walls. And hiring a new one, had seemed too hard of a task for the headmaster, as there was no one who wanted the job. Frustrated, the headmaster had contacted Albus, asking him if he would enjoy sharing his charms knowledge with the others at his age. Albus, was a natural talent at charms, that and transfiguration. Albus had answered him at the second, "Yes!". He'd never been as excited and exhilarated as when the headmaster had asked him.

It was in fact, a dream come true, as he'd always wanted a time in his life where he could educate the young minds.

And now, he was headed to the charms room, his pace quick and firm, as the bell would soon ring. He didn't want to be late for his first class. Albus was focused, he needed to teach correct, and he also needed respect. Respect from his students. Albus stopped, chuckling lightly, as he said to himself, "My students..." A shiver spread through his spine, as his knee started vibrating uncontrollably. Sighing, Albus smiled. His knee was famous for not being able to handle stress, and nervous times.

As he ascended to the final corridor before the charms room, he fished out his wand from his pockets. Stopping in front of a big, wooden door with a metal lock, Albus waved his wand in a weird manner, and the door flew up. As he walked in, some eager students followed.

The bell rang, and students started filing in, all staring at the blue Albus which stood in front of the catheter. Some of the students, Albus already knew. Some, he'd only seen in the Great hall. The last student walked in, and closed the door.

Albus opened his mouth, and talked loud and clear into the silent room, " Anyone got any questions? Questions first, then, we proceed with today's teaching. "

Post Potter depression.

dobby888

Jessie skipped through the halls, on her way to the common room to relax.  She skipped right past a Charms classroom, but heard a very familiar voice.  She skipped backwards until she stood in front of the doorway.  She couldn't believe her eyes.  Albus was teaching!

She stepped into the room quietly, not wanting to disturb the class.  Jessie leaned against the wall, just watching, quietly.

((I joined!  Sorry, I know it's really short :P))

Sky

" Anyone got any questions? Questions first, then, we proceed with today's teaching. "

Were her ear's deceiving her, or was that Albus' voice echoing across a classroom? Sky stood in the hall, dressed in a red sweater and black robes with gray dress pants. She was just finished with classes for the day and was about to head to The Great Hall for something to eat when she heard his voice. Sky walked over to the door and silently peered inside, seeing the cheery blue boy standing in front of everyone, the center of attention. And he was dressed sharply too. 

Albus...is teaching? She thought to herself, a bit surprised. She didn't know students were permitted to teach. Certainly not something that happened very often. But then again, Albus was a very talented child. He knew more than the average wizard and he was what, fourteen?  She saw Jessie walk in and edged over beside her.

"So little Albus is a teacher now, huh?" She whispered very quietly to Jessie.

dobby888

Jessie had been watching Albus very intently, when someone spoke behind her.

"So little Albus is a teacher now, huh?"

She was slightly startled, and turned around to see Sky right behind her.  Sky looked very nice in her sweater and robes, and Jessie's old robes, simple white collared shirt and Gryffindor tie seemed dull in comparison. 

"I suppose so!" Jessie replied in a whisper.  She kept her voice down, as the students were beginning to stare.  "He didn't even tell me!  But I suppose it isn't that big of a deal... we haven't really seen each other that often..." 

Jessie caught herself speaking her thoughts aloud, and forced herself to stop.  She really hadn't talked with Albus much recently, and had begun to wonder if it was by accident, or if maybe Albus was... moving on?

fudge0604

A tiny smile spread across his lips as he saw the observers enter the room.

" If you'd like to join us, please! " Albus said, directing himself towards Jessie and Sky. It could be a golden opportunity to talk to Jessie, in a not-boyfriend way.

His eyes beamed at the class, he was longing to teach them new things. A surge of excitement spread through him; it was the one he'd normally get when drinking red bull.

" Now, whip out your wands. I want to see, and categorize all your main skills. As the class rummaged in their pockets and backpacks, Albus found his own, twelve inch wand.

With a whip of his wand, pencil cases had appeared on every single desk. The students glared at the cases, and redyed themselves for whatever command Albus might give them.

" Give your pencil cases feet, and let them run around your desks in laps. "

Post Potter depression.

dobby888

Jessie was sure that this Charms class would be very easy for her, and especially Sky.  However, she didn't have anything else that she needed to be doing at the time.  Since Jessie didn't have an opinion on the matter, she figured she would leave it up to Sky.

"Sky, what do you think? Should we stay?"  Jessie asked, looking to her friend.

((Blah! I know it's short again! But I need to do my homework!))

Sky

"Um...I suppose we can stay for a little while. I'm done with teaching for the day so I don't see why not." She rubbed her eyes and yawned before taking a seat at an empty desk, one with multiple scratches and marks. Some people engraved their initials into the wood and wrote dirty things. Sky had to laugh. Some of these marks were probably from her 5th year class. 

She smiled at Albus encouragingly. He had grown up so much since they first met. They used to be such good friends. Of course they always would be, but they have gone seperate ways in life.

fudge0604

Albus watched as the students whipped their wands at the pencil cases, nearly everyone having a pencil case running at their desk. Even though some cases went slow, and some dashed around, so fast that eye might not catch them.

" Now remember the correct wand movement! A sharp stab! " He exclaimed, as the students who couldn't do the trick raised their hands. They quickly succeeded. Albus whipped his wand, and all of the pencil cases disappeared.

" We're going a bit more advanced now. What I want you to do, is that you're going to use the summoning spell, Accio, to fetch those pillows in the corners. Afterwards, you going to take them back there, using the unsummoning charm. It's the opposite of accio. " He pointed at double a dozen of white, fluffy pillows in the back of the catheter.

Post Potter depression.

dobby888

Jessie shrugged, and slid into a seat in the back row.  So many memories took over her mind, and she smiled to herself.  She fingered the inscriptions on the desk, wondering who and carved them, and why.  Of course, when she sat in these desks as a student, she had ignored them, but now they seemed to hold more importance. It was odd, very odd.

A miscalculated 'accio' sent a pillow flying directly into Jessie's face, and she was jolted back to reality.  She laughed and handed it back to the student, who turned very red in the face. 

"I wonder how mad Albus would be if we started a pillow fight in class..." Jessie whispered to Sky, smiling at her mischieviously.

((You brought this upon yourself Albus! XD ))