News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

A much needed talk

Started by dobby888, March 8, 2010, 10:31:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dobby888

Jessie paced back and forth by the Lake.  It was surprisingly deserted, mostly in part to a cold wind that blew endlessly through the trees.  Her jeans and thin sweatshirt only kept out some of the draft, and goosebumps were beginning to raise on her arms and legs.

She had put a small note on Albus' pillow, that read:

I think we need to talk... I'll be at the lake.

Jessie

She hated doing things like that, so removed.  It seemed like she was trying to hide from him... and the note was so typical for a break up! But she wasn't planning on breaking up with him, she really wasn't.  All she planned to do tonight was... talk!  It had been so long since they had last sat down together, and life seemed to have been moving much too fast.

fudge0604

A door opened high up in Gryffindoor tower.

Albus entered his private room, the one that had been given to him, because of his special circumstances, with his blue skin. As he threw his backpack at the ground, and sighed, he noticed a small note with a familiar handwriting on it. His curiosity perked, he quickly walked to his bed, grabbed the note with the familiar writing, and read, with a deep frown spreading.

Crumbling the note together, he quickly ascended to the Lake. He knew Jessie and him had fell apart a bit, but this note surprised him. He quickly shut out the opinion of Jessie breaking up. Albus went to the same conclusion as her, they needed a talk.

As he ascended down the stairs of the wooden entrance doors, Albus saw a figure down at the lake. His frown deepened as he set his pace up a notch. Closing in on Jessie, he could see her worried face, her golden hair, and her beautiful eyes. His whole world would be gone if she'd break up.

" Jessie? "

Post Potter depression.

dobby888

"Albus!"

She had been slightly started, awakened from her thoughts.  She ran to him, and threw her arms around him.  It felt like ages since the last time they had just shared a simple hug. She looked up at him, and then laid her head on his chest.

"I'm so sorry about that note! Really, I am.  I was just afraid that if I didn't do something..."  She trailed off, not coming up with a good enough excuse.

fudge0604

"Shh..." Albus welcomed her embrace tightly. Clutching her tightly, rubbing her softly on the back.

A warm feeling spread through his body; it felt like hot water, going from top to toe. She was so close, yet, so far away.

" I would never leave you " He said, with a deep murmur. The scent of lavender brushed his nose, it reminded him of their first kiss. A gentle smile appeared upon his lips, as he sat right down at the ground, dragging Jessie with him, his hand gently placed around her.

Post Potter depression.

dobby888

(Have you seen the movie Dear John? Because that's how I imagined you sitting down XD)

Jessie's giggles echoed across the lake, and she held on to Albus while they sat down.  She shifted herself to sit next to him, and placed her head on his shoulder. This was how it always had been.  Her and Albus.  They had lost that as of late, but Jessie desperately wanted it back.

"Albus, I don't think I could ever leave you!"  She paused, and then after a moment, said, "I just... miss you"

fudge0604

(( Nope, I haven't : D ))

His eyes stared at her, he was speechless, and it was love which had left him lost for words. The feeling was weird but still recognizable, wanting to talk for hours, but being unable to utter a single word.

" I've missed you too... " Albus said, slowly shifting, and laying down completely on the ground. The ground was soft and moist. The wind was ruffling with his nutty brown hair. His eyes gleamed. He didn't care any longer, just as he could be with Jessie.

Post Potter depression.

dobby888

((Oh alright... Nevermind then :) ))

Jessie sat leaning against a tree near to where Albus was laying down.  She looked down at him and smiled, with the pure joy of being with Albus.  She looked down at her hands, entwined each other.

"What have you been up to lately?" Jessie asked.

fudge0604

Albus tilted his head, to get a proper view of Jessie. Just looking at her made his stomach jump excitedly. " Well, as you know, I've started teaching charms... And I've been working like a slave with homework. Teaching, combined with my own homework, and correcting my students homework is quite a job. But still, it was hard to turn down the headmasters request, and I've learnt a lot. "
He talked slowly, pondering and reflecting on his own words as he spoke. Like always, he'd changed his own personality quite fast, without really realizing it until now.

" And, having commando over so many students is quite fun " Albus added quickly, as a gentle chuckle slip past his lips. Getting up in a sitting position again, his eyes searched the cloudy skies. " What've you been up to? " He asked curiously, as he moved closer to Jessie, laying down in her lap, looking up at her face. Albus grinned.

Post Potter depression.

dobby888

Jessie watched Albus closely.  As he talked about his teaching, something within him seemed to change.  It seemed to get more... scholarly, almost.  But then, just like that, it was gone.  Who knows, she was probably just imagining it.  She pushed the thought from her mind, and instead engaged herself by playing with Albus' hair.

"You know, the less homework that you give them, the less homework you have to correct!"  Jessie laughed.  "I'm sure the students would appreciate that."

She smiled and answered his question, "Honestly, I couldn't even tell you what I've been doing.  School just seems to take up all my time now!  I finally get out of class, and start my homework, then before you know it it's time for bed!"  Jessie sighed and looked down at Albus, smiling softly.

fudge0604

Albus stared up at her, feeling her fingers running through his hair gently. A loud, serene laugh fell from his lips; it was the only true laughter he'd had in weeks. Twirling his fingers, small ice shards formed out of nothing. They engrossed his fingers, until he wasn't twirling fingers, but icy blocks. With a flick of his fingers, the ice disappeared into thin air.

" It is quite stressful... " Albus said, thinking about how wonderful it would be to take a break, to sleep until he woke by himself, rested and ready for a day filled work. Now, it was dragging himself  up from bed, and torturing his feet down the stairs to the Great Hall, to throw some random food into his mouth.

Post Potter depression.

dobby888

It was odd, but sometimes it seemed as though Jessie could almost read Albus' mind.  She couldn't of course, but she could tell that he was tired, and she knew the way his mind worked, so it wasn't hard to guess. 

"A lot of people have found huge relief in this odd things called naps!"  Jessie said, sarcastically. 

She watched as Albus formed the ice on his fingers so easily.  For a long time, Jessie had been very successful with energy. She could bend and warp it. Even pull it out of thin air.  When she went home, she could instantly charge muggle objects that used batteries and the like.  She reached out with the hand not entwined in Albus' hair and touched his hand.  It was still cold from the ice that had formed there.

fudge0604

Albus quickly gripped her hand, not feeling quite as light-headed as before. He felt the warmth from Jessie's fingers, a warmth that he could never obtain. His mind focused, as he felt Jessie's way of thinking. His thoughts darkened, as a single tear ran down his cheek.

" You know, my fingers will be as cold as this, independent of how much ice I've made with them. " He talked slowly, his voice a deep murmur, which was long away from his normal cheerfulness. Their eyes met, and interlocked. A desperate smile spread across Albus' face; trying not to impact Jessie as much as he might have, even though it was more of a grimace. He sighed slowly. There was still a trail of moisture and water down his cheek. Thinking about his future, and what his body condition could bring, was always a dead end.

Post Potter depression.

dobby888

Jessie took her hand out of Albus' hair and wiped the tear from his cheek. She smiled at him, gently.  She knew that this gift of ice was bothering him more than he let on.  She wished that she had a way to help him.  Any way at all.

"Do you want to get rid of your gift ever?" Jessie asked, hoping that talking about it might help him.

fudge0604

" I'd never part with it... Jessie, you're not able to understand... You can't feel the delightful surge through my body every time I feel a cold breeze. You can not feel my powers beating through my body. Every time I use my gifts and powers, I feel happy, free... But every time I get out into the sun, my body pains. It is inevitable. There is nothing you can do, with this wretched curse, which I brought upon myself whilst fighting Chad the first time.  " Albus still hadn't let go of Jessie's hand, and he still stared deep down into her eyes; they were like rays of hope. With Jessie, he could rest. No need to be anxious. No need to feel his inner monsters.

Squeezing Jessie's hand lightly, he felt the heat of her body, against his cold body.

Post Potter depression.