News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

•○Late Night Walk•○

Started by Sky, March 18, 2010, 11:06:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sky

It was strange to be walking around the dark, cold dungeon after hours. Most people prefered the great depths of the forest, or to sit upon the shore of the vast lake to clear their mind of pestering thoughts. Actually, that was normally what Sky would do. But tonight, she decided to wander to a place she only went to teach potions, The dungeon. 

Sky didn't know why she came here to think. Maybe it was because she wouldn't encounter somebody she knew here. She needed to be alone, to decide what to do with her future. She knew it was late, maybe around midnight, and that the students would all be in their dormatories, snoozing. She should be sleeping too, but too many thoughts ran through her head.

So she trudged on through the dark dungeon in her plaid red pajama pants and gray zip up hoodie, using only her wand to guide her. She finally decided to sit on the cold stone ground, her head against the wall. She shut her light gray eyes and focused on clearing her head. But her arm seared.

potter_fan122

"Sky?"

Jason stood sillouetted against the dark by a dim green light further down the hall. Normally composed and mysterious-looking, he looked tired and slightly disheveled. He hadn`t gotten much sleep lately, and he was always worrying about Sky. He wanted to protect her so badly that it was hard to leave her sometimes.

"Are you okay?"

He moved to her side and crouched beside her. He wore blue paid pajama pants and a long sleeved grey shirt, like always. He would have much rather worn something without sleeves, but the fact that he was at the school made that impossible. Jason reached out a hand and placed it on her shoulder, wanting to reasurre himself that she was, indeed, fine.
"Get out of my way! I'm a free spirit!"
FOREVER WILL NEVER BE LONG ENOUGH.
"And now I understand a phrase I once thought odd;
I guess to love another person is to see the face of God."

Sky

((Draco never joined like they were supposed to. Oh wellz >_<))

Sky fell out of her trance as her attention focused on that very familiar voice. The voice that made her heart flutter and her anxiety calm down. Was she okay? Ugh, she didn't even know how to answer him. She just could not sleep. No matter how hard she tried. Her thoughts ran wild through her mind, images and sounds repeating themselves over and over in her dreams that caused her to wake up in a cold sweat, nearly letting a scream escape her lungs. But Sky didn't. She was glad she stayed at the school tonight. Jason would have freaked if he saw her going through this hours ago. Somehow he just knew how and where to find her, didn't he?  She turned and saw him at her side.

"Oh, hi sweetie. Yes, I'm..okay." She said softly. "Are you?"

potter_fan122

Jason rubbed her shoulder gently, lowering his eyes while he thought how to answer. He was most definately not okay. There was a feeling deep in his stomach of something wrong. He had tried staying home, sleeping there alone with only Jake to keep it company. It hadn`t worked. He had tossed and turned, too many old memories coming to the surface. He was scared for Sky and had felt the sudden need to be near her. That`s why he had been on the roof minutes before. He had found her by some instinct down in his gut. He had felt it when she had been distressed.

"Yeah, I`m fine." He replied, his voice just barely above a whisper. "I just... couldn`t sleep." His moved his left arm. His Mark stung starply when he did. It had been bothering him for a while now, and he was determined to figure out why.

Sky

Sky sighed silently and sat her wand down on the floor between them. She closed her eyes as he rubbed her shoulder. That movement alone made her want to break down and cry. She hated that. But she held it in. She needed to keep it together, even though she was scared. And it just didn't make sense. Why was she scared of the death eaters when their leader was dead? But Sky knew just what these people were capable. They were cold and heartless. They found strength by killing. They cared only about themselves, nobody else. And they had that hollow, insane look in their eyes.

Now Sky never committed a murder. Voldemort never commanded her too, which was strange. He knew her weaknesses. Why didn't he make her suffer and do what she didn't want to do? Maybe it was because he knew what she did. That she joined the very group that killed her parents. He saw something in her. Sky cringed at the memory of her becoming a member.

"I couldn't either. I'm sorry I didn't come home tonight. I figured I might as well stay since it was already eight 'o' clock by the time I clocked out."

potter_fan122

Jason leaned forward until he was on his knees in front of Sky. "It`s perfectly fine, love. I just couldn`t stand to be there by myself anymore. Things were getting too quiet." He looked down at the ground for a moment, then slowly took her cold hand. His own skin was flushed and warm, but he didn`t know why.

He did know that he was sick of being scared al of the time. Sick of always fearing what he couldn`t control. Yes, he was a control freak sometimes, but he had good reason to be. His whole life he had been afraid of what was different. What was different could hurt him, or worse, the people he loved. Well, he had gotten rid of his parents, so he hadn`t had to worry about anyone. Until he met Sky, that is. Sky changed everything for him. His whole world had turned around. Before Jason had been considering killing himself. He didn`t want to live his stressful life anymore. He was actually close to doing it, too, until Sky.

"I love you, Sky."

Sky

"I love you too, Jason. More than anything."

She looked down at their hands, their fingers wrapped around each other. Her hands were like ice while his were warm. She looked at them for a short moment, then her light gray eyes rose up to meet his blue. She smoothed his hair before caressing his cheek with her hand. She smiled warmly at him.

potter_fan122

Jason returned the smile and leaned forward to wrap his arms around her. She felt so thin and fragile in his arms.

"Have you anybody about our leaving?" He whispered in her ear. They had decided a few days before that it would be best if they went away for a while, hiding among Muggles while they tried to figure out why their Marks were burning and why the Death Eaters were so suddenly interested in them.

Sky

"I told the Headmaster I was taking a leave. Other than that, the only ones who know are Stacey and Leah."  She whispered back.

The embrace made Sky feel warm, even in this freezing dungeon.  She kissed his cheek and laid her head on his shoulder, rubbing his back with her hands.

potter_fan122

Jason nodded and squeezed sky gently, closing his eyes and resting his chin on the top of her head.

"Okay. I think it`s better that more people don`t know about it than there needs to be. I trust Leah and Stacey to keep it to themselves, and I`m sure Stacey will take great care of Jake." He rubbed Sky`s back in an effort to comfort her.

Sky

Sky didn't say anything. She felt herself start to cry. She tried holding back, but it didn't work. She wasn't going to let him see her cry, so she lifted her wand and whispered "nox." Now they sat embracing in the darkness, Sky's tears free to show and not be noticed.

potter_fan122

"Oh, Sky." Jason sighed against her hair and leaned back slightly. He untangled his hand from hers and lifted it to her cheek. He brushed away most of her tears, then kissed the spots where he felt moisture. He kissed her forehead and wrapped his strong arms around her again.

"It`s okay, we`re going to be fine. I promised that I wouldn`t let anything happen to you, and here`s proof of my promise." He found her right hand and lifted it. He had given her a promise ring about three weeks earlier, and it was warm against her cold skin.

draco294

((Sorry sorry sorry it took soo long to come. I havent been on much the past few days. AND also note, i wasnt real sure what to do here..so..excuse the boringness))

Little did Sky and Jason know, Draco had been lurking in the shadows this whole time and had heard every word they had said. Though he didnt understand everything, he heard just enough. Now Draco was trying to conceal himself, but also trying to find a way out without being seen; he was very tired and was ready to go to sleep.

Some wizarding families are much better than others.
I am Draco Malfoy, by the way.

Sky

((It's okay. No worries. =) Its a strange subject to post with haha.))

"I know Jason. I know, I know,...I know." Sky pushed herself away, looking down at the ring. She never should have called him her protector. She didn't want Jason to feel like he needed to protect her. Sky would be able to protect herself. She did it before 12 years after all. He had enough to deal with and didn't need Sky's stress added to his.

She looked at him. "I'm sorry. I'm just...I haven't slept and I'm anxious. I know we'll be okay." But deep down, Sky wasn't entirely sure. There was that feeling of doubt. Her fear caused that. She felt so cowardly.  

Sky heard the shuffling of feet in the hall. Was a student awake? She hoped she didn't wake anyone.  

"Hello?" Sky called softly.

potter_fan122

Jason leaned back on his heel when Sky pushed away. That hurt him more than he was ever going to let her know. He needed to protect her, he didn`t feel like he had to because she wanted him to. He wanted to. He loved her, after all. He had the same feeling of doubt, too. How could he not? The Death Eaters had once been the most feared group of the wizadring world. Jason had been attacked by them only a week before.

Then he heard a shuffle. He turned his head towards the sound, alert. Without thinking about it he moved between the place where the sound had come from and raised his wand.

A white light appeared at the tip of his wand, lighting the hall. He saw the edge of a person, but couldn`t tell more than that.

"Come on, we know you`re there."