News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

→distress

Started by potter_fan122, March 21, 2010, 09:32:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

potter_fan122

Alice was running as fast as she could through the trees. The thick trunks were flying by in blurs, the sky was just a darkness above her. For the thousandth time since she had met Seth, she wished she was human. She wanted to be human so bad right now. The sad thing was that she only wanted to be human so she could cry.

She hand`t cried in two hundred years and had never felt the urge to cry since then. She was a vampire, time was below her. Not anymore. She felt more alive than ever when she met Seth, then he had left. He had left her to her own devices. He had left her when she couldn`t be without him. She needed him in a way she had never needed anything before, except blood, of course. She wanted to cry until she couldn`t cry any more. She wanted to curl up into a little ball and never be found again. For the first time ever, she didn`t want to exist anymore. She wanted to die.

She missed Seth so much. Everything just seemed to crash down around her.

She ran and ran until she was at the edge of the forest-- not the edge near the school, but the other side, miles and miles away. It was Friday night. Everyone back at the castle had been happy and riled up. They were excited for something, and all of their emotions had pushed Alice over the edge. That was why she ran. She didn`t think that she`d be found out here, and she wanted to be alone. She wanted to be alone forever now. What was the point of her staying alive-- or undead-- anymore. It was unnatural, wrong, and she wanted to to end.
"Get out of my way! I'm a free spirit!"
FOREVER WILL NEVER BE LONG ENOUGH.
"And now I understand a phrase I once thought odd;
I guess to love another person is to see the face of God."

Sky

Axel found himself pounding through the forest, his large black paws slamming into the dirt of the forest. He was running, for his own enjoyment, but he had this feeling that something was wrong. So he followed his instinct, and decided to patrol the forest as he ran. Trees and other formations were all blurry as he sped through, kicking dirt behind him. His eyes were scouting out his surroundings, his ears perked for any strange sound.

And then he came to a sudden stop. From a distance, he could see the sad girl. It was Alice, his newest friend. He stepped behind a large, thick tree and changed back into his human self, wearing a black thermal sweater and jeans. His hair was spikey. He peered around the tree and watched the girl, not letting her know he was there.

potter_fan122

Alice had finally stopped running, leaned against a tree. She couldn`t cry because her body couldn`t produce tears, but she could scream. It was a terrible sounds, full of anguish, hate, and longing. She didn`t notice Axel. She didn`t care anymore, and she wasn`t even trying to be alert. She just wanted to be alone, she didn`t want to notice anyone else.

The vamprie collapsed onto the ground, curling into a fetal position and digging her nails into her calves.

Sky

Axel looked away as Alice screamed. Not because of the noise, but because he could she that she was hurting inside. And he knew that was the only way for her to let it out. Well, one of the only ways.

He stepped forward, then took more steps until he was beside her, his feet beside her head. He bent down and touched her arm.

"Alice. Please...don't do that." He said gently.

potter_fan122

Alice jerked upright when Axel touched her arm. She scoted away from him. Her eyes were blacker than the night around her. She hand`t fed in a while and her anguish wasn`t helping.

"Axel, it`s not safe for you to be here." She said. She didn`t look human. Her eyes had somethign in them that made her look... dangerous, inhuman, and ancient. She had been alive over two hundred years. That was much too long for any being to be on earth. She wanted to be at rest, or once.

Sky

Axel watched as she scooted away and then he shook his head.

"Uh-uh. I'm not leaving." He said. He saw her her eyes were black, as black as her hair. Maybe even darker. That wasn't a good sign. He knew that, but he would not leave until he knew that she was okay.

And as of now, she was far from it.

potter_fan122

Alice moved away a little further. The smell of blood, dirt, and bark was overwhelming, but she was accutely aware of the blood part.

"You have to go. I`m not going to stay here and let you be a risk to yourself." Here she was, trying to be nice to some guy she hardly knew. What had happened to being alone?

Sky

Axel stood up straight but narrowed his eyes. His body language would show just how strong willed he was.

"I told you, I am not leaving." He said, this time his tone louder and serious. "I'd rather you drink my blood if it made you feel better. I don't have much purpose here anyway." Axel smirked and crossed his arms.

"How much blood do you need?" Axel asked. 

potter_fan122

"I`m not drinking from you!" Alice exclaimed, standing up when the boy did. "I refuse to. I`m not going to put you in danger. You can`t force me to do it." She crossed her arms. Her whole body was tense and her hair was messed up. She just looked disheveled, which was odd for her.

"I`m not doing it." She repeated, but in a softer tone. She relaxed slightly. Axel looked so much like Seth. Same facial structure, same jaw, same eyes. Oh, God, they had the same eyes. Alice froze, staring into Axel`s eyes. For a moment she forgot where she was; all she could think of was Seth. His smell, she shape of his cheek under her hand, everything.

Sky

Axel rolled his eyes.

"Relax will you? I'm asking how much you need, because I can go get you a bird or rabbit, something. You'd have to fight to take my blood." He winked at her and then chuckled. But then got back to being serious.

potter_fan122

Alice laughed crazily, spinning around like a small child.

"It is you who would have to fight for blood, Axel. I may be a tiny little thing, but I am stronger than you, nonetheless. You could only fight me off if I hadn`t had any blood for more than two months." She stepped over to the closest tree and wrapped her hands around it. Her fingers dug into the bark, making small holes. She glared at the tree like it had offended her.

Sky

Axel rolled his eyes again, mutter something about women.

"Whatever. Do you want the blood or not? Or should I just wait here while you go and catch the poor creature?" He asked nodding towards her.

potter_fan122

Alice looked back to Axel, her eyes wild.

"I don`t want anything living. I don`t want blood. I don`t want attention. I want it all to go away. I want to die." Her eyes flashed darkly and she stepped back from the tree, pulling her fingers from the bark. Her eyes went distant and she sat down right where she was, hand in her lap.

What she had said wasn`t exactly true. She wanted Seth.

Sky

"He's not coming back." Axel said, watching her sit down. "I just got a letter from him yesterday. My Aunt's out of St. Mungo's but needs her family to take care of her, which reminds me...." He reached into his back pocket. "He sent me a letter that was meant for you." He walked over and pulled out a piece of folded notebook paper. Unraveling it, he handed it to her.

Dear Alice,

The good news is that my Mother is okay. She will be live, but needs us to take care of her. I still haven't been told what happened, but her rehabilitation process will be awhile. 

The bad news is that I will not be returning to Hogwarts. My Father is having me finish my education at home so I can obtain my credits and be there for my Mother when he can't.

I'm sorry to say this. There's not a moment that goes by without me thinking about you. But we must learn to move on.  Please take care.

Seth

The letter was quick and simple. Less painful. Axel didn't read it, but knew it would be rough on Alice.

potter_fan122

Alice`s eyes snapped up to watched Axel approach her and hold out the paper. She took it slowly, but read it in a split second. She crumpled it in her hand until it was a tight ball, then shredded it. Without looking at Axel she stood up and turned, but didn`t move yet.

"I want you to do something for me Axel, and it`s really important. It`s going to be hard and dangerous, but I`m guessing you won`t have a problem with that." Her voice was monotone and scarily calm. She was going to ask Axel to kill her. It would be difficult; he would have to behead her then set her on fire. She was going to let him, of course, but she wasn`t really easy to destroy.

((By the way, don`t do it. =P ))