News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

→distress

Started by potter_fan122, March 21, 2010, 09:32:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sky

"What would that be?" He asked, stepping up beside her. Axel looked at her with his strong, sky blue eyes. Something dangerous? What could she possibly want? Something in her voice made Axel hesitant to say yes.

potter_fan122

Alice slowly turned to face Axel, her dark eyes meeting his light ones.

"I want you to kill me. I don`t want to be on this earth any more. I`ve been here long enough."

((YAY!))
"Get out of my way! I'm a free spirit!"
FOREVER WILL NEVER BE LONG ENOUGH.
"And now I understand a phrase I once thought odd;
I guess to love another person is to see the face of God."

Sky

Axel's mouth fell open.

What?

Kill her?

"Um...no?" He said scratching his head. He didn't even know how to respond to that. "Alice, look. I know this is hard, but come on. It's just a boy." Axel took her icy hand.

"Come on. Let's take a walk and talk this through. I'm not ready for you to leave this earth yet."

potter_fan122

Alice clenched her teeth together and stared at the ground but didn`t pull away.

"I`ve walked this earth for over two centuries, Axel. It`s unnatural, maddening, and feels wrong. I`m done. I`ve seen all I want to see. I`ve done all I want to do. There is nothing for me anymore. There is no purpose for me staying. I don`t want to be dead because of Seth. He`s a part of it, but just a small part. I`m glad I met him. I think he`s part of the reason I feel so ready to die for real. There`s nothing keeping me here anymore." She explained softly and quickly, not stopping to take a breath.

She really did want to go away now. She didn`t want to be here anymore. She was ready.

Sky

"Alice, please. You're my friend. And I don't want to see you go." Axel looked at her and tried his best to work those puppy eyes. "Sure, there's Leah. But if you leave, I have no one. I don't have a family or anything."

potter_fan122

Alice stared up at Axel with a look a mother might give her misbehaving children.

"You barely know me. You were half drunk when we met, full of adrenaline. I don`t believe you know my full name. You don`t know when I was born. You don`t know me. You`ve only seen a part of who I am. You have Leah. She`ll be a good friend. Go to Stacey Gray or Sky Mason. They`ll be nice. Might even grow on you. Especially Stacey. She`s got an attitude she`s not afraid to use. You don`t need me, Axel."

Sky

Axel let go of her hand and grabbed her shoulders, his eyes narrowed.

"I don't know your middle name, but why, you're Alice Brokehart. You've been switched to Ravenclaw and are about two hundred years old, right? Sorry I don't know the month, day, or year. You're right. I don't know you." He let go of her shoulders and stepped back.

"But I'd like to." He said softly, ignoring the comments about the other people.

potter_fan122

Alice softened a little. There was a familiar note in his voice that reminded her of Seth, when they had first met. She took a step forward and put her hands gently on his shoulders.

"You don`t want to know me, Axel. I`m a monster. I`ve killed hundred of people. I`m not even a living thing. My heart beats because I force it to, but I don`t need to breathe. I am already dead. You can`t care for something that`s not natural. I would know. It just never works out. Knowing me would be like knowing a rock. A cold, hard, dead rock." She whispered softly to him. She could feel heat rolling off of him, a sharp contrast to her own skin and the cool night.

Sky

Axel threw his head back and looked up at the sky. "Look, I'm not Seth. I'm not mushy-gushy. But I really don'y want you to die. There's something about you that makes me feel...I don't know. Good? Like I belong I guess." He looked back at her. "It's weird. I know we've only just met, but we've got that friendship chemistry. Please don't make me do this. I can't kill."

potter_fan122

Alice looked at her hands for a moment then stepped away.

"Fine. I`m... sorry I asked you. Really. It was rude of me. I guess I wasn`t expecting you to care about me that much." She sat down on the hard ground and leaned against a tree, running her fingers through her hair. After a moment of silence she spoke again.

"If you could just do me a favor, and not let me get myself killed for a while, I`d appreciate it." She whispered. She felt so... stone-like. She didn`t want to move, didn`t want to talk, didn`t want to do anything. But she would stay alive for Axel.

At least until she found another way to die.

Sky

"Of course." Axel said. "And yeah, I care about you. Why shouldn't I?" He sat down on the ground beside her, looking down at the ground. He scopped up a handful of dirt and let it slowly pour out of his hands, the wind picking up and blowing the soil into the air.

potter_fan122

Alice looked at Axel`s hands as he scooped up the dirt.

"You don`t know me. You don`t know what I can do." She sighed heavily. "I had this same conversation with Seth."

Sky

Axel wiped off his hands.

"Yeah well..., Seth is thick headed. He should have been a Hufflepuff. I don't care okay? I don't care what you can do. The point is, your a friend. And I don't want to lose a friend. Now get out of this melancholic state, will ya? You're bringing me down."

Axel realized that his words were a little rough at the end and ran his hand through his hair.

"Sorry. I know you're havin' a hard time with the break up...."

potter_fan122

Alice looked away, clenching her teeth together again.

"Seth was not thick-headed, he cared. You should care about what I can do because I could all too easily kill you, whether you fight against me or not." Her tone was tight, not leaving room for negotioation. She was being rude, and she knew it. She just didn`t care. She didn`t care about anything now.

Sky

Axel looked at her for a moment before suddenly standing up.

"Look. I'm done trying to be the good guy here. You want Seth? Then go find him." Axel shook his head and started walking back into the thick forest.