News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

→distress

Started by potter_fan122, March 21, 2010, 09:32:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

potter_fan122

Alice stood up and was right behind Axel in less than a second.

"Look, I`m sorry. Seth was really my only friend here, and the only friend I`ve had in a while. I guess I just... don`t know what to do now that he`s gone. It seems like everything is changing, and I can`t control any of it. I didn`t mean to say anything to hurt you, really." She was telling the truth now, and it surprised her. She didn`t know why she ran after the boy. He meant nothing to her.

Did he?
"Get out of my way! I'm a free spirit!"
FOREVER WILL NEVER BE LONG ENOUGH.
"And now I understand a phrase I once thought odd;
I guess to love another person is to see the face of God."

Sky

Axel kept walking. She could follow if she wanted.

"You didn't hurt me. The person who is hurting here, is you." He said without looking back. "I wish I could help you in some other way than killing you." He shoved his hands into his pockets and let his bangs fall into his eyes.

potter_fan122

Alice jumped in front of Axel, holind her hands out in front of her.

"Look, you can`t just leave me here. You promised that you wouldn`t let me get myself killed. I can kill myself if I really wanted to, so it would be very smart to leave me out here." She crossed her arms and looked up at Axel with her bug pretty eyes. For some reason she had the urge to move his hair out of his eyes, but she knew he would freak out if she did.

Sky

Axel stopped, blinked, then sighed.

"Okay then. Come with me to the Gryffindor Common Room. It's a little chilly out here and I think it might start to rain soon." He glanced up at the darkening clouds.

"What d'ya say?"

potter_fan122

Alice hesitated a moment, then relaxed.

"Okay." She moved next to him, but didn`t start walking yet. "It`d be quite a bit faster if we ran or something. We aren`t even on school property anymore."

Sky

"You're right. If we walk, we'll be soaked." Axel transformed into a giant wolf with thick, desheveled black hair. He looked up at her, his eyes standing out even more than normal, and nodded towards the castle. His way of saying "let's go".

potter_fan122

Alice snorted and started running towards the castle, just a pale blur against the night.

((Blah.))

Sky

Axel pawed at the ground before running off, surely not at her speed but he would get there shortly after she arrived.

When he got to the castle entrance, he changed back into his human self, his hair a little untidy.

((Blah blah.))

potter_fan122

By the time Axel got to the castle Alice was leaning against the stone wall of the school, smirking. Where Axel looked like he had been running, the vampire looked like she had just walked outside.

"Took you long enough. Thought you were fast." She teased, pushing off of the wall and walking towards the boy. She seemed happy now. There was no trace of the distress she had been feeling earlier that could be detected by any human.

Sky

"Oh look! She's got a humorous side." Axel teased back with a wink. He opened the large door and motioned for her to enter before him. Students' voices could be heard. They must be at dinner.

potter_fan122

Alice smiled then nodded when he held the door open for her.

"And you`ve got a gentleman in you." She entered the main hall, but hesitated before the entryway to the Great Hall. She didn`t exactly eat, and hundreds of minds suddenly pressed in on hers.

"Um, are you hungry or not?"

Sky

Axel shook his head.

"Nah, I had a pumpkin pastie earlier. I'm fine."  He was already jogging up the changing staircase, past the onlooking people in the portaits.

potter_fan122

Alice met Axel at the top of the stairs, grinning.

"Lead the way." She bowed at the waste and waved him onward. Of course, she already knew where all of the common rooms were and how to get into them. It was hard not to when every first year was screamin git in their heads to remember it.

(Ditto.)

Sky

Axel looked to the portait of the Fat Lady and cleared his throat before saying the password.

"Welcome." The Lady said, to both Axel and Alice, before swinging open her large frame. Axel had already climbed in and waited patiently for Alice to enter the dark and empty room.

The room was a bit untidy, with pieces of crumpled up parchment and candy wrappers littering the floor. The House Elves would manage it later. The only light that entered the room was from the setting sun through the window. And there weren't any other people in there besides them because they were all at dinner or something. Axel pointed his wand at the fireplace and lit a fire to make the room a little less colder and darker. He turned to her and smiled crookedly.

"Welcome to Gryffindor."

potter_fan122

Alice smiled and climbed in beside Axel. She looked around, absorbing everything around her.

"Cool. I haven`t been in here for a few years." She ran her hands over her arms and wandered over to on of the couches in front of the fireplace. She sat down and brought her legs to her chest. Staring into the fire, she rested her chin on her knees.

"I always liked fire best. Don`t know why. It`s the only element that can kill me. Guess that`s why I like it." She spoke aloud.