News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

Concerning the ad on the top of HPF

Started by fudge0604, March 22, 2010, 05:18:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fudge0604

Have anyone of you seen the new ad at the top of HPF?

If not, then information is needed. The ad says that HPF needs donations to keep its hosting fees. And lately, iy hasn't been any donations. The site is in danger of being closed... Anyone know if this is true? I would die a little if this site closed...

Post Potter depression.

Sky

I don't know if it's going to close or not....

If for some reason it does, at least some of us are connected on facebook and AIM.

P.S: Albus, you still needs to add me.

fudge0604

I know, Sky.

Just search on: sondrefaren@hotmail.com , and then you will find me. I'm forming out a plan to make an alternate site, if this one closed... What are you guys opinions? It will never be completely the same though...

Post Potter depression.

potter_fan122

Add me!!

It can`t die. That would make me very sad.

BUT, I have a site via Proboards that we could use if we had to. I would need some help getting things set up, but I could manage most of it. If you guys like the idea of having a back-up place, I would want to know now so I could transfer stuff.

Let me know.

:'(
"Get out of my way! I'm a free spirit!"
FOREVER WILL NEVER BE LONG ENOUGH.
"And now I understand a phrase I once thought odd;
I guess to love another person is to see the face of God."

fudge0604

Let's just make a backup, in case of.

Stacey, what is the url of you site? I can help you with fixing, and managing the site. k? Just PM the link to me.

Post Potter depression.

Sky

Stacey and I were just discussing this. I think we should all start fresh though. It's easier that way.

potter_fan122

If by "starting fresh" you mean with new characters, I disagree with that idea.
O.o
I luffs my Stacey, and I am NOT done with her yet.

I`m at the other site now. Let me clean it up a bit before I send you the link, but I will send it to you.

Sky

I meant make an entirely new site so the URL can be different.

I think the reason this site might be closing is because they charge for having the URL. Most sites of www.______.proboards.com or something.

Plus it would be easier to edit.

Miss Xantier

If this site got closed, I bet I would be moping alot of the time. Because this was the first place I started to roleplay. But I guess it's time for me to backup most of my posts onto word. I think it would be a good idea for a backup site.

potter_fan122

I`m working on it right now.

IMPORTANT INFO!!
If you want me to back up some of your posts, bios, or any other information so it can be saved for the backup, PM me with the direct link to the page. I suggest doing this as soon as possible. That little ad at the top of the page has been up there a while. We don`t know how long we`ll have acess to this site.

Thinking of losing this place makes me sad.
:'(

uglycupcakes

So if the site is closed.. where would we go?! I know you guys mentioned a site earlier in this post, but if it closes down before the rest of us get the link then we could be out of luck!

Sky

Well, most of us are friends on facebook.
If you have one, let us know =D
I have AIM too.

Can I help with the site Stacey?

Pweaseeeeee? *Bats Lashes*

potter_fan122

I am working on the site as quickly as possible. It won`t be open for buisiness for a while, though. I suggest connecting to people through Myspace or Facebook, even e-mail so we can get the link the people if we need to.

If anyone has any experience with Proboards and would like to help, please let me know. I need help. It won`t be done done when it opens, just in case, but I`d like it to look niceish.

Also, if anyone has any graphics programs more advanced than Photobucket or similar, your help would also be apprieciated.

If anyone has questions, let me know. =)

Sky

I haven't used it much, but I can figure it out.

uglycupcakes

Is there like a HPF fan page? Or are you guys all just friends?