News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

•The Great Hall•

Started by Sky, March 29, 2010, 10:46:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sky

((Closed please. Except for Miss. Avalee of course. ^_^))

The Great Hall was unusually quiet and empty today. Perhaps it was because a majority of students were in Hogsmead and only a few students, other than the first and second years, decided to stay back at the castle. Axel was on of those people. He didn't feel like going to Hogsmead today. If anything, he really needed to stay away from there. He needed to stay out of trouble.

He sat at the Gryffindor table, towards the middle where nobody else sat. There were only a few Gryffindor's at the table, the rest were probably in the common room. His crimson red hair that went down just past his ears, was straight. He wore a white thermal long-sleeve and jeans that had a few tiny holes in them.

He was reading a book for History of Magic, and was bored beyond measure. He groaned and put his head down on the open pages.

purpleraincloud

Avalee walked gently into the great hall. She took tiny light steps, wanting to be as quiet as humanly possible. Everyone who was allowed to be at Hogsmead, was. She though she was alone, exept for the first and second years who were all in occupied now. She didn't want to be around crowds of happy people as she passed along in a daze, trying to pretend she wasn't there.

She had no idea what had drawn her to the great hall. Maybe it was the idea of its intense size and it being silent. Maybe just because she liked to wander through the castle.

On this day she wore her favorite dark jeans, and an earthy green v-neck long sleeve t. She wore a necklace with a cresent moon on it, a gift from her sister.

As she quietly, yet quickly walked into the giant room she noticed a boy sitting at a table, his face down in his book. It was Axel. 
For just another day, for another stolen hour
When the world will feel my power and obey
It's just another day
Feeling like I'll live forever
Feeling like this feeling never goes away

Sky

After a moment, Axel picked his head up and tried to start reading again. But it was pointless.

"I can't do this." He muttered, closing the old book and pushing it away. He drummed his fingers on the table. Now what? He didn't have any other homework to do and he could read another time. He could go running. Yeah he could---if it weren't raining outside. He looked up to the ceiling dark and cloudy, flashing with lightning. The ceiling usually matched the weather outside. A sigh escaped Axel's lips. He looked around, not really paying attention. It was more of an absent minded thing. There were the Slytherin's snickering and pranking each other, the Hufflepuff's doing who knows what, the Ravenclaw's studying and having intelligent discussions, and there was Avalee standing in the middle of the hall.

Avalee?

Axel waved to the girl and grinned. "Hey there!" He said.

purpleraincloud

She walked swiftly towards him as soon as he said hi, smiling to have found a farmiliar face. She sat next to him at the table, crossing her legs under the table. "What brings you the great hall on a free day such as today?" she asked. "I though I was the only one left."
It's just another day

Sky

"I figured I should stick around here today. I don't need to get in more trouble. You know fighting, alcohol. All that good stuff." Axel said crossing his arms.

"What about you? And I think I'm the only seventh year here." He glanced around the hall and didn't see anyone from his year.

purpleraincloud

"The idea of one hundred kids crammed into Honeydukes doesn't appeal to me." she said bitterly. "I don't like crowds so much." she smiled slightly, and the smile fell quickly. It wasn't just crowds, it was specific people as well. She brushed her bangs out of her eyes as she tried to read his face. 

She hadn't known him very long, she wanted to know more about him.
It's just another day

Sky

Axel nodded. "Yeah. That can be pretty annoying. Or the jerks that hide inside a bar all day." He ran his hand through his hair then looked at her.

"So, while we sit here, why don't you tell me a little about yourself?" Axel suggested with a crooked smile.

((Shooortness =D))

purpleraincloud

"I haven't really had an exciting life. My parents are psychology professors in the muggle world. I have an anxiety disorder, and that's about it. I moved to Hogwarts last year. It's been a heaven and a hell for me." she had opened up more about herself than she had planned to. But that was a good thing right? Letting people in. She winced at that though. Last time she had opened up she had gotten her heart crushed. 
It's just another day

Sky

"Well I hope it's more heaven than the other." Axel said.

Axel saw a hint of uncomfortableness in Avalee's facial expression. Perhaps she opened up more than she intended. He decided to tell a little about him, something he rarely spoke of.

"I came here last year too. My parent's and my little sister died in a car accident when I was eight. To this day I still remember most of the details. I lived with my cousin Seth, but left because his family treated me differently. So I'm on my own."

purpleraincloud

"Sorry." she said, and she lightly touched his hand realizing that he had opened up about himselfx, something personal. "That's awful." she looked into his blue eyes showing him her compasion.

((shortness!!)))
It's just another day

Sky

Axel's sky blue eyes fell to her hand that was on his, then flashed up to hers.

"It's okay. It's my past." He smiled softly. She was a sweet girl. She had a pleasent aura about her. As if she could brighten up a room simply with her presence. She was definitely one of a kind.

"What..er..year are you in?" Axel asked. "And house?"

purpleraincloud

"Seventh" she answered shortly. "I'm in Ravenclaw" She didn't know what he thought of these answers so she kept looking directly into his eyes. She didn't want to miss a single emotion that ran through them. She took her hand off of his hand, and intertwined it with her other hand, placing both of them on the table casually.

"You?" She asked him tilting her head to one side, waiting for a reply.
It's just another day

Sky

"Me? Same. Only, I'm in Gryffindor." He smiled proudly. He loved his house and wouldn't switch to another one if he could. He grabbed his book and sat up straighter.

"Would you like to go for a walk? I might die of boredom if I sit here any longer."

purpleraincloud

Her eyes lit up. Outside sounded great. "Sounds good" She said quietly. The light rain made the earth smell so good. She swung her legs around the bench and set them on the ground, standing up. She took his book off the table to look at it. It was a book for a history class. "Some light reading, for fun?" She smiled and handed it back to him. "So, Axel? What kind of stuff are you into? Music? Favorite color?" She half smiled, and looked up at him.
It's just another day

Sky

Axel chuckled. "Trust me. This is not light reading." He took out his wand and silently sent the book upstairs to his trunk. He looked over at Avalee and brought his hand to his chin, thinking.

"Hmm....I suppose rock would have to be my kind of music. And I like blue. What about you? Do you have any special abilities or talents? I'm an animagus."