News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

Nubs

Started by Ginny Weasly, March 31, 2010, 09:05:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ginny Weasly

((Throwaway. Not going anywhere. Join if you'd like, but don't be any more dumb than I am ha ha))

It had been a long time since Cody Xian had been in the Forbidden Forest at Hogwarts. An even longer time since his mother had been in control of said forest. Where it had been a safe, interesting place when he was little, it was now overgrown and a little creepy. But 13 year old Cody wasn't afraid. He was his parent's child, he knew how to take care of himself.

Sounds in the dark undergrowth to his right. Cody stilled his body, controlling his breathing so that he could correctly hear the noise. Steps. Loud, blundering. Raspy noises...breathing heavily. Whatever it was was on two feet, not four. It walked heavily, making little grunting noises as it breathed.
Now Cody could smell it. His stomach rolled. The smell was disgusting.
Ogre.

Cody slowly made his way over to the closest tree, scampering up it like a little monkey. About 8 feet up he inched out onto a branch, waiting. He didn't move for the longest time, slowly breathing through his mouth to avoid the smell.
And then the ogre appeared.
My motivation
An oath I've sworn to defend

My dedication
To all that I've sworn to protect
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

Sky

A thin red beam of light shot out from behind a thick thorn bush, straight into the ogre's thick dirt brown skin. Of course, the spell was ineffective. Sky knew it would be. But once she saw the boy shimmy up the tree, she knew she had to do something to get the big smelly thing's attention.  The ogre grunted, bringing a large filthy hand to its chest. It roared before moving towards the way from which the light came. But before it could get very far, Sky had stepped through the bushes, wand in hand. She shook her head.

"Stupid nubs." She muttered to herself. Ogre's weren't supposed to be this close to the school. They should be deeper in the forest or in the mountains. Sky made a flame appear at the tip of her wand and began walking towards the ogre. It backed away, afraid of being burned by the bright orange light. The ogre turned, and walked through some thick shrubbery, disappearing from view. Sky extinguished the flame and tucked her wand into her pocket.

"It's okay. You can come down." She said lazily.

Ginny Weasly

Cody watched the scene unfold in silence, straddleing the branch he was on with his legs swinging. When she spoke, he nodded. He hadn't climbed up the tree because he was afraid.
He had been interested in what the ogre would do if it couldn't see him.

Nonetheless, he swung both legs to the same side of the branch and slipped down, landing correctly on his feet. He studied the girl for a moment before nodding.
"Nice to see you again, Miss Sky."
My motivation

My dedication
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

Sky

Sky tilted her head to the side. Did she know this boy? Did he know her? She studied him, trying to figure out how he knew her. And then it dawned on her. The black hair and the blue eyes. It was Cody.

Cody!?

"Oh my gosh. Cody, is that you? Goodness, look how've you grown!" She ran over and gave him a big hug. "Wow. You're almost as tall as me."

Ginny Weasly

Cody returned the hug, giving her a smile. He was much easier to make smile than either of his parents.

"Yes Miss Sky, 'tis I." He spoke formally, as he always had. A habit picked up from his father who had been raised in such a formal setting.

He stepped back, allowing her a look at him. He was the average hieght of a 13 year opld, about 5 feet or so. He was still an exact replica of his dad, except the auburn hues in his hair shone more obviously now.

"It has been a long time."
My motivation

My dedication
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

Sky

"How are your parents? And your sister?" Sky asked. She was still amazed at how much little Cody had grown. Eight years ago he was this little boy who was smarted than the average adult. The prodigy.

"Have you picked up on your Mom's powers?"

Ginny Weasly

Cody laughed softly at all her questions. They didn't surprise him. Years ago his family had virtually dropped off the face of the Earth. Well, not exactly. They'd gone to his father's kingdom once things had settled down enough. Ginny had insisted after Meliody had turned 1 that the family needed more time together.

"Dad's overworked, like always. Mom's stressed, like always. And Meliody's just like I was at her age." He grinned slightly. He'd been a devilish child.

As for the powers, he just continued to grin. "No need to worry about those, Miss Sky. How are you?"
My motivation

My dedication
I carry out my orders
With not a regret