News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

A Midnight Run

Started by purpleraincloud, April 5, 2010, 07:29:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

purpleraincloud

Avalee was restless. Her brain just would not shut up. She felt anxious. It wasn't a panic attack, it was just constant anxiousness. She sat up it bed quickly, yet quietly. She didn't want to wake her annoying, nosy roommate, but she slept deeply anyway. She got on running shoes and changed into a plain black tshirt. She was going to blend in well with the depths of the forest.

Her yellow hair was pulled back into a tight ponytail, and her face was blank of any emotion except for a bit of frustration. She silently climbed down the stairs, out the common room door, down more stairs, more doors, and finally she was outside. She took a breath of the chilly midnight air. Goosebumps rose on her arms and legs, but that was okay. The temperature made her feel alive.

She sprinted towards the forest, her legs barely touching the ground. She slowed to a run when she got into the forest. She immidiatly felt a little better.

All she could hear was the crunch of leaves beneath her feet.
For just another day, for another stolen hour
When the world will feel my power and obey
It's just another day
Feeling like I'll live forever
Feeling like this feeling never goes away

Sky

All Axel could see was darkness and the outline of trees as he sped through the forest. He was running, in his human form, for he seemed to suffer from insomnia lately and needed to be moving. His crimson red hair fell over his sky blue eyes as he ran, making his view just a little worse. But it was okay. He knew this place practically by memory. He heard things that people didn't. He learned to adapt to the forest. Honestly, if it came down to it, he could live here. But of course, he wouldn't.

He brushed his bangs out of his eyes with a swift swoop of his hand, then suddenly heard leaves crunching. Not from his feet, but from someone else. Would somebody really be this deep in the forest this late at night? It was incredibly dangerous to be this far into the forest. He changed into his large black wolf form and began following the scent of whoever was out here with him.

Avalee.

He was running now, sprinting, then he was right beside her, his tongue hanging out of his mouth. He barked as he looked at her to get her attention.

purpleraincloud

Avalee heard someone running towards her. Her heart began to pound in fear, instead of her running. She continued to run, a little faster. She took short shallow breaths. Then she heard a bark. She jumped, but then a black dog came trotting beside her. She slowed her running just a bit. She almost smiled, but her eyes were still cautious.

"Axel?" She asked, hopefully.
It's just another day

Sky

The wolf howled and almost smiled, but it was a little hard for a canine to do that. He gave that signature wink which was the for sure sign that it was, indeed, Axel.

He kept up with her pace, not changing back yet.

purpleraincloud

It was Axel. Avalee smiled down at him, but continued running. He didn't change back though. "I hear dark creatures roam these woods" She said, in a far better mood now that Axel was with her. Someone to keep her company. Even when she thought she didn't want company she was ecstatic to have him with her.

"Why are you up so late?" She asked.
It's just another day

Sky

Axel changed mid-stride, the thick black fur shrinking down and morphing into human skin, the pointed ears changing into normal ones. He was his human self once again, red hair and all.

"I never sleep." He said. Well, of course this was an exaggeration. A person needed sleep to survive, which meant that he surely did sleep. Just, not enough.  "I think I have insomnia. Why are you up so late? And out here? Don't you know it's dangerous?" He looked at her with a serious expression.

purpleraincloud

Her face grew a tad serious. "I can't sleep a lot of the time but this time I decided to come out her instead of reading or something in my room..." She pulled her ponytail tighter on the back of her head. "My mind just won't shut up." She finished. She slowed her pace to a walk keeping in stride with Axel, who was now in his human form, complete with gorgeous blue eyes and red hair. She walked briskly in the cool night.
It's just another day

Sky

"Even so," Axel started. "there are creatures out here that could rip you into shreds. Regardless of you being a wielder of a wand, some of the bigger creatures can withstand certain magic." He put his hands in his pockets.

"You've got to be careful."

purpleraincloud

"I can run fairly fast, or at least I would like to think so." She said jokingly. On a more serious note she continued, "And you are here now, aren't you?" She smiled a small smile. She wanted to reach out and grab his hand, to feel his warm skin against hers.
It's just another day

Sky

"I can turn into a giant wolf. With claws." He added. He was skinny so turning into a wolf gave him some weight and some extra strength too. Not to mention speed.

"But if something were to come out, I would protect you." Axel smiled and took her hand.

purpleraincloud

"Thanks" She said blushing. She laughed then. "You'd think that because these woods are so very dangerous they would make sure students couldn't ya know, walk out the front door at night" She was always confused by some things at Hogwarts. The only thing warning the students not to come out into the woods was the name 'The Forbidden Forest'. But she knew that she was safe here.

With Axel holding her hand, her anxiety melted away, and became an afterthought.
It's just another day

Sky

"Isn't that weird? I've never had a problem getting around after hours. But I'm also really agile and I've learned to walk silently. Being a wolf animagus, you learn to pick up things." Axel learned to focus on certain sounds, to walk quieter, and to run faster. But he also ran often too.

"It's pretty warm out tonight." Axel said, taking in a deep breath of air.

purpleraincloud

"It's ok..." She still couldn't completely shake the chilled feeling within from her. She expected that to be there till she died. Axel was like a bandaid, she hoped he would stick.

"What do you usually do when you are out here?" She asked.
It's just another day

Sky

Axel yawned.

"Well, I usually run. Then when I get tired, I just walk and check out the scenery. I like to watch the moon, so when it's out, I can just climb a tree and lay up there, watching it. I've even fallen asleep up there."

purpleraincloud

"Have you ever woken up, falling out of the tree?" She asked humorously.

The wind blew another gust through and goose bumps rose on her arms. A loose strand of hair blew around her face. She looked to the sky, to the stars.
It's just another day