News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

.spring.

Started by Ginny Weasly, April 11, 2010, 01:17:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ginny Weasly

Ginny's eyes followed him, her confusion evident. She wasn't sure if Xaver had thought of something truly awful, or just something he didn't think Ginny was capable of.
"Why? I mean, it is just a necklace, but it is something I would like Cody or Meliody to someday have."
Playing dirty, a little. She knew Xaver hated to slight his children anything. But she also knew he wouldn't do something stupid because of it. She was just poking Papa Bear, as it were, in order to see her options.

She too stood up, gently wrapping her arms around his waist, facing him and smiling sweetly.
"If there is a way, love, I'd like to try it."
My motivation
An oath I've sworn to defend

My dedication
To all that I've sworn to protect
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

Xaver

"Why? I mean, it is just a necklace, but it is something I would like Cody or Meliody to someday have."

Xaver chewed his lower lip, both thoughtful and stressed by the thoughts running rampant through his head, and the emotional gourde thumping within the cage of his chest. He loved his family, and held them all to the highest endearments a Fallen lord could create. Xaver wanted to always give them the best he could offer of soul and purchase, it was true, and Ginny of all people knew this. She was his lover, his wife, and his best friend - she knew him as thoroughly as he could possibly fathom anybody did; she was the epitome of a soul mate.

"It is not just a necklace," he said softly, as she wrapped her arms around his middle. He was comforted by the gesture almost as much as by the sweet, familiar smell of her. Wrapping an arm lightly around her shoulders, he let his blue eyes fall back to hers.
"It's what is called in my- the Fallen world, a 'soul sweep'. It is often translated as the soul 'sneak', because of the ..uncanny ability the necklace has to follow the moods and predicaments of the provider. My grandfather invented them years ago, and they have been somewhat of a family tradition.. heirloom?.. ever since in the Xian clan. A little of this, a little of that.. meaning a mix of a dying man's thoughts, a baby's tear, and a little irretrievable power. A droplet of blood, which is obvious, and a feather of Black. The Xian's are the only existing Fallen with black wings, or in their wings. Each family and heritage has its own colors and schemes, but we have long since had the darkest color. Darkest history, perhaps.."
Xaver shook his head, disconnecting from the tangent.
"It's not just a necklace.." he said again, gently.

"If there is a way, love, I'd like to try it."

Xaver knew that. Of course he knew. He just...

"It would require talking to him. Offering a little power, blood, and knowledge to spark whatever remains of his soul to free him temporarily. He buried his secrets with his ragged remains."
"Odi et amo."

Hazy Haven; ST. LUTHOR IS NOW OPEN!
click here

Ginny Weasly

Ginny's first thought was the muggle zombie. She watched a lot of TV when she was bored. Her second thought was the very real Inferi. Animated corpses, used as armies once by the Dark Lord in the wars. She shuddered as she thought of such things. It took a dark person to raise the dead from rest. Dark feelings, strong feelings. It was a scary thing, necromancy.

"I don't like that very much," Ginny admitted. Not just because if the age-old adage to not tamper with human souls, but also because it was Xences. If Ginny had to choose whom she would bring back from the dead, Xences wasn't even on the list. Ever.

"Is there any other way? Such a thing could have great power against you..."
Kings weren't supposed to have feelings. Many believe feelings made one weak. Although Ginny often opposed this idea, she knew feelings could expose weakness, such as one's loved ones.
My motivation

My dedication
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

Xaver

Xaver felt more than saw the disproving shudder that ran through Ginny's form, and he found himself nodding almost automatically.
"I don't like that very much."
He tipped his head slightly, "I didn't think you would."
His brother.. anything to do with him.. Xaver gritted his teeth against even his twins name.

"Is there any other way? Such a thing could have great power against you..."
Xaver shook his head, a shoulder raising slightly as good explanation failed him.

"It's tragic to be so old, and have not the answers to everything."
There was a hint of a smile behind the mask of concern that had overswept his features.
"Odi et amo."

click here

Ginny Weasly

"Old man," Ginny gently teased, squeezing him gently before freeing him and stepping out of his reach. She glanced towards the hall, down which the children both still slept. She'd been having doubts about keeping her children here, not only in the muggle world (all of their neighbors were muggles) but in her world as well. However, Ginny had a strong feeling the children wouldn't be wholly accepted in Xaver's world either.

"I have another question, my love." Ginny paused, watching him. She didn't know very much about the Fallen world, there wasn't any place for her to find out except through Xaver. He could lie and she'd believe him. But she knew he'd never lie.
My motivation

My dedication
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

Xaver

"Old man."
Ginny gave him a squeeze, and Xaver gave a low, bemused laugh. It was true after all - he was far older than even he could understand. He couldn't comprehend how he'd made it so far, or so long.. But it was obviously for a purpose - and she was glancing down the hall at that said purpose. His children were meant to be, as his love with Ginny had been meant to develop and bloom. Everything happened for a reason, the Fallen lord believed, even if there were some things he would never come to understand. Xaver had been meant to live for so long, so that he could live this life. Live, and love, and grow as a man with his family.

"I have another question, my love."

Xaver's head tilted to the side slightly, his arms folding over his bare chest as his gaze flickered appreciatively over her form.
"Yes?"
"Odi et amo."

click here

Ginny Weasly

She wrapped her arms around her, giving him a thoughtful face, "What is the current condition of your homeland? Are you still at war?"

An idea had begun to form in her mind, one that would benefit her children greatly if it could be carried through. She hoped to somehow enable Xaver to spend more time presiding over his kingdom and yet to spend as much time with his children. She knew he was often torn.
My motivation

My dedication
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

Xaver

"Stalemated, actually."
His tones deep and temperate, Xaver lifted a hand and brushed a gleaming red streak of hair behind her ear. The blue oceans of his gaze mused over her features, his head tilting slightly.
"How is it that some humans hate us bird-folk more than the kitties we have centuries long been a-war with?"
His amusement was plainly written in the handsome lines of his face. Thinking of himself as a small bird, and his enemies as normal house-cats.. It was all quite humorous if you could let it be.

Xaver loved his homeland with a patriotism and adoration one could only have for their birth-place. He had long ago ascended to the throne, and was humbled by the following and devotion of his people... he just wasn't sure anymore if that life is what he wanted for his family. Xaver had more scars and emotional wounds than he would ever allow to be inflicted upon his children. However, the Fallen realm would indefinitely be as much a part of them as it was him, someday.

"Why, dearest?"
"Odi et amo."

click here

Ginny Weasly

He swept a red lock of her hair behind her ear, and Ginny received goosebumps. His touch had a habit of inciting pleasure.

"The children..."

She paused, her eyes showing a million emotions, predominantly worry. She worried for her son and daughter. They were still so young, though no doubt they were bright. She worried about having them keep a secret so huge as their own identities.

She'd had to do it once. It sucked.

Ginny sucked in a breath, "Do you think we could pick up and move?"

Her words came out in a rush, "Cody is picked on in school, the neighbors distrust us, every week something is going wrong. I don't want to keep them here. I'm afraid for them. I don't want them to hide in the shadows, Xaver. I want them to live."
My motivation

My dedication
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

Xaver

"The children..."
It seemed like so very long ago that Xaver had wondered if he would ever have a family and children of his own. Now he had a pair of eyes to lose himself into, and two beautiful children to care for. It was such a glorious honor...
He wrapped an arm securely around her shoulders and brought the other hand to her chin, his fingers curling gently beneath it.

"You know, in my life I've been bestowed quite a few titles. None have been more humbling than husband and father."
His slow smile was as honest as the dark blues of his gaze, searching hers.
"And if you wish it, I can be those anywhere."

Xaver had been long unaccustomed to living in the human world, though he would for eternity to be with his family. For his children to grow up where he, himself, had as a boy... Xaver hadn't even really thought about it. He hadn't thought that Ginny would want to go there, especially after all that had happened with Xences... And Kylie.

"I bet Kylie would have gotten a chuckle out of Codium."
"Odi et amo."

click here

Ginny Weasly

Ginny felt her stomach flip at mention of Xaver's little sister. Kylie had been a beautiful child, who if given the chance, would have been the most beautiful lady in all the land, in more ways than appearances. Xences had cut short her life to get at Xaver. To hurt him.
It had.

It had hurt Ginny too. In the short time she'd known Kylie she had fallen in love with the sweet child, had started to accept her as her own sister.

She gave Xaver a small smile back, "Kylie would have loved him. And he, her."

Their son took after his father, and his father had loved little Kylie. Cody would have loved his aunt with the ferocity he loved the rest of his family, a fierce loyalty that burned deep within him. Especially since his own little sister had been born.
My motivation

My dedication
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

Xaver

Xaver simply smiled, knowingly. Kylie would have been loved, as she had always loved. Simple as that. Xaver's heart ached with a grief that he knew would never fade, missing her.

"How will we tell them?"
He began to grow excited at the thought, though he couldn't pinpoint exactly why.
"Cody, at least. I'm not sure Meliody will exactly care much yet."
"Odi et amo."

click here

Ginny Weasly

"How will we tell them?"

Ginny gave a smirk. How else? They'd blurt it out over breakfast, surprising Cody beyond belief. he always wanted to go with his dad, always wanted to see the land of which he was supposed to be the prince of.

"We'll write it in the sky." Ginny said with heavy sarcasm, poking Xaver lightly in the side. She gave him a dazzeling smile and a swift kiss on the cheek.

"The problem is, how will we tell my mum?"

Cody would be excited, Meliody was still too young to really care, but Ginny's mother would be irate. She would hate not having her grandchildren in the spoiling area.
My motivation

My dedication
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

Xaver

"We'll write it in the sky."
At her nudge, Xaver poked his tongue out at her and gave a slight 'hmph'. He grinned at the pretty smile that enveloped her features, and made to the counter to pour some cereal with a slight rouge to his kiss-laden cheek. He grabbed the sugar-filled kind out of the cupboard, and chuckled at her over his shoulder.

"Your mother? Aye, that is a scary forte' innit?"
The wink passed over his shoulder was devious, as he grabbed the milk.
"Tell her I'll give her the ability to spoil the kids in whatever means she desires. After all, didn't you marry me for my money?"

With a wolfish grin he ducked behind the counter, giggling, wary of her attack.
"Odi et amo."

click here

Ginny Weasly

"Tell her I'll give her the ability to spoil the kids in whatever means she desires."

Ginny was about to respond with a laugh.

"After all, didn't you marry me for my money?"

Her mouth dropped open, but she quickly recovered.
"What money?" She said sarcastically, starting towards him. "You belong in the poor house, mister. I already took it all!"

She glanced back the hall, making sure the kids weren't there and slid over the counter quickly so she was right in front of him.

"You bird-brain." She said in an almost whisper, poking him repeatedly in the chest. She reached up and lightly tapped his cheek with the palm of her hand, a soft barely touching slap.

"Bird-brain." She said again, smiling.
My motivation

My dedication
I carry out my orders
With not a regret