News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

A Rainy Springy Day

Started by Sky, April 12, 2010, 08:28:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sky

The glass windows in the Common Room were covered with dripping water outside. It was raining hard, a roll of thunder occasionally roaring across the skies with a flash of lightning. Emma stood there with her head pressed against the cool glass, watching a few students sprint across the grounds, covering their heads with their cloaks or a book. She sighed to herself.

She was dreadfully bored. And she really didn't know a single soul here except for the teacher with a brown patched and pointed hat that had helped her settle in and gave her a schedule.

"Congratulations. You are in Hufflepuff!" The short and plump woman said enthusiastically.

"Huff-a-whadda?" Emma said, staring at the woman. What the frick was a Hufflepuff?

"Hufflepuff." She repeated, a smile still imprinted on her face. "That is my house."

Emma had no clue what a Hufflepuff was. Apparently it was the founder's last name.

She sighed and closed her blue-green eyes, the window in front of her lips collecting a bit of fog. Her chestnut hair was tied into a ponytail, her bangs hanging near her eyes. Now what?

potter_fan122

"Hello." A feminine voice greeted warmly and in a soft way, so she wouldn`t scare the child. "I`m Professor Gray, but everyone calls me Stacey. I`m not old enough to be a professor." Stacey smiled and winked a bright blue-grey eye. "Are you new?"

Stacey`s brunette hair had grown out and pooled around her shoulders in barely-there waves. Her round face was tilted just to the side, watching. She liked new students. They needed someone to show them around, and she loved that.

Stacey was different from the other teachers. She wasn`t technically a witch at all, but half immortal and had different powers. She had grown up thinking she was a witch, of course, and had exceeded the many limits people had put up for her. Now she wanted to help other children do the same. She was the youngest professor the school had had for a while, but she was definately the favorite. Even now she wore a pair of dark wash skinny jeans and a blood red button-up shirt, something that the older teachers would never dream of wearing.

"Do you need help finding anything? I know it`s a Saturday, so there aren`t any classes, but I can still give you a tour."
"Get out of my way! I'm a free spirit!"
FOREVER WILL NEVER BE LONG ENOUGH.
"And now I understand a phrase I once thought odd;
I guess to love another person is to see the face of God."

Sky

Emma turned slowly at the sound of the warm greeting.

"I`m Professor Gray, but everyone calls me Stacey. I`m not old enough to be a professor." There was a slight pause. "Are you new?"

"Yes." She said carefully. "I just arrived this morning." She leaned back against the window and could feel the cold glass against the back of her head. She looked over the professor. She certainly wasn't like she other's she had passed in the halls as she made her way to the common room. She wore modern, stylish clothing while the other professors dressed in cloaks and dark fabrics.

Emma herself wore a simple pair of light jeans and a baby blue t-shirt with a black zip up jacket only partially zipped up. She had a worn pair of black converse on with yellow laces.

"Um, sure. That'd be nice." She gave a soft smile and pushed herself away from the window. "I'm Emma."

potter_fan122

Stacey smiled again, her eyes turnign from mostly grey to a sky blue.

"Well, it`s nice to meet you, Emma. I hope you like it here." She took a few steps backwards and motioned to the staircase on one wall. "This is your common room, and your dormitory is upstairs. Left is boys, right is girls. You`ll have an assigned bed grouped with other girls your age." She waved Emma forward.

"How much have you seen already. Don`t want to show you something you`ve already seen."

Sky

"To be honest, I really haven't seen much. I think it was the Great Hall that I went to when I got my schedule and got sorted." She shrugged. "That's about it." Her eyes scanned the entire area, drinking in every detail. So she would be here until June, then go home, and come back in September. She hoped nobody would see her other self while she was here.

potter_fan122

Stacey nodded slowly, ignoring the odd push from the child`s mind. Emma was only three years younger, but she seemed so young at heart.

"Okay, then. Follow me and I`ll tell you a little about this place while we get to where we`re going." She moved towards the door and held it open for her.

"First, there`s four houses-- which somebody might have mentioned to you. They`re Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, Gryffindor, and Slytherin. You`re placed in a house based on your personality and as you grow the house plays to your strengths. We have a basic point system. Do something bad, get points taken away; do something good and get points for your house. Whichever house has the most points at the end of the year gets an award." Stacey spoke quickly, leading Emma towards the moving stairs.

"These things move, as you can see." She motioned to a staircase to her left that was spinning slowly. "It makes things a little easier than having to remember where to turn all of the time. They know where you want to go and try to help you out, most of the time. Just watch out for fake stairs."