News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

→smoke&fire←

Started by potter_fan122, May 1, 2010, 08:22:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

potter_fan122

((Open to experience. I want a good fight-- hand-to-hand and magic.))

The trees were topped with huge bushes of green leave. Green. Finally. The ground was soft and damp, the sunlight not quite reaching the forest floor. Shadows were lighter and not nearly as scary as they were in the cold winter. Everything seemed happier, springier. Of course, that tended to happen when the season was spring.

Stacey moved through the thick trees with an animal-like grace. Her eyes were a flat grey and locked on the area in front of her. She could have navigated her way through this area with her eyes closed, but she liked to be aware. Her brunette hair was pulled up into a messy bun and she was wearing a black tank and denim shorts. Her skin was the palest gold, and she looked beautiful just in that simple state.

Strapped to her arms and legs were numerous sheaths made of a durable black material that wouldn`t irritate her skin. In those sheaths were twenty-eight sharp and perfectly balanced knives made of steel coated with white gold and silver. Unseen, but there, she also had two guns on her. Both were hand pistols with cases of white gold and silver bullets with gold mixed into the gunpowder. She was armed for fighting except for her clothing, all she needed was a fight. Right now, thought, the guns were loaded with hollow aluminum bullets.

Stacey was restless. Her classes seemed to be getting longer and more confined every day. She tried to make her classes more interactive for her students, but she felt locked up in her classroom. It seemed so small. She needed to get out and do something before she went crazy.

That was why she was heading to her special clearing.

She`d been to her clearinng hundreds of times before. It was the largest one for miles around, and she had claimed it for herself long ago when she was a fourth year. She had put up charms to make it fireproof, soundproof, and she always repaired anything she damaged when she was done. It was hidden from the view of other students and the dumber creatures that loved in the forest.

Stacey reached her clearing a few minutes later. Silence surrounded it like a thick blanket and she turned slowly, breathing deeply. The air was crisp and clean; it smelled like summer already. The girl stood there for a few minutes, just enjoying her space.

Without warning Stacey was turned around and had one of the guns in her hand. She shot five bullets in just a couple seconds, all of them hitting the exact center on a large "X" marked into one of the trees on the other side of the clearing-- there were targets set on most of the trees by now. With one hand she tucked the gun into a band stitched into the back of her shorts and pulled a knife out with the other. With an easy, practiced move she flung the knife at another tree, not waiting to see if she hit her mark. In the next five seconds she flung five more blades, turning about thirty degrees with each toss. Then she stopped.

Turning back to where she had started with the first knife, Stacey walked to the trees. She lifted her hand gently and brushed the hilt with her fingertips. The knife was sunk deep into the tree, up the where the hilt started. She smiled, her eyes flashing orange, and pulled the knife out. She did the same the the other five knives. Every time she had hit the center of the Xs.

Stacey walked back to the center and placed all of the knives in their sheaths. Looking around she nodded to herself, then heard a twig snap. Without hesitation she rotated toward the sound and threw a knife. It swirled and roatated and struck the tree with force, inches from a familiar face.
"Get out of my way! I'm a free spirit!"
FOREVER WILL NEVER BE LONG ENOUGH.
"And now I understand a phrase I once thought odd;
I guess to love another person is to see the face of God."

~Harry Potter~

Rhyme sat on Haru's royal purple bedspread as he watched his boyfriend try on different styles of cloths for the day.  They were changing so rapidly in the mirror Rhyme couldn't even keep up half the time. 

"Should I go all out today?" Haru asked? 

"Nah, it may get ripped up, I was thinking of us taking a nice walk in the forest.  Also, all out implies heels which you know don't work well in the forest." Rhyme replied.

"True that." Haru said as he decided to go as a boy for a change. 

Haru snapped his fingers and a tight black t-shirt that clung to his slim but muscular frame appeared as well as tight black jeans.  Lastly his eyebrows appeared nice and neat and his hair was done up in a simple messy look.  As he walked out the door distant clicking could be heard and before Haru could get to the door Rhyme let out a loud cough.

"What?" Haru asked. 

"The shoes." Rhyme replied simply.   

Haru looked down and saw that they were still bright yellow high heels.  He let out a high pitched laugh as he tapped his heels together like Dorothy and they turned into white elemental sandals. 

He then walked over to Rhyme and pulled him to his feet from the bed.  "Want to go see what Stacey is doing?" Haru asked.

"Sure." Rhyme said. 

Haru then leaned in to kiss Rhyme. 

"You know you just need to hold my hand to teleport." Rhyme said with a grin.

"Oh I know, this way is just much more fun." Haru replied kissing Rhyme gently as they vanished from the room. 

A few seconds later as they broke the kiss they appeared in the forest next to Stacey not even knowing they were going to land 'right' next to her expecting somewhere in the general area. 
They say trust is like a mirror, you can fix it if its broke
But you can still see the crack in your reflection

potter_fan122

Stacey smiled.

"Hi guys." She greeted cheerfully. She walked over to the tree where the knife was stuck and pulled it out. It too was thrown deep to the hilt. "You know, you very nearly got hit. Good thing I was paying attention and not spaced out." She smiled and slid the blade back into one of the many sheaths.

"What made you two pop up right here in my little bubble of joy?" She asked, crossing her arms and leaning against the tree. She noticed how Haru was dressed like a boy for once; he looked nice. Like someone you would stare at in public then look away quickly when they looked up.

Stacey couldn`t help the smile that crossed over her face. Haru reminded her of Aiden for some reason. "I like it," She said, "And I loved that dress you designed for the dance last month. It was perfect."

~Harry Potter~

Haru grinned happy for the praise. 

"Glad you like it.  Work shows as long as I have and you get good around ribbon and thread, and a little magic doesn't hurt." He said with a wink.  "And we poofed over here to see what you were doing, and Rhyme, looks like you were right." He continued lifting his foot finding the ground a tad bit soft. 

That and you promised to teach me how to fight. Haru sent mentally to Stacey without Rhyme's knowing. And remember, he isn't supposed to know until I can at least hold my own without magic.

"Since it looks like you were practicing me and Haru can give you something more substantial to shoot at.  I'd offer to duel you but I think there are still some patches of the forest with crystal leaves so it probably isn't good to do repeated spells for a while.  At least where it can be avoided."

((In short since I feel like I am talking in a confusing way.  Haru will fight Stacey, Rhyme will not but Rhyme will still change the surroundings to suit what Stacey wants to do.  Also together Haru and Rhyme could make interactive magical dummies for Stacey to fight if she wants to))

potter_fan122

Stacey smiled widely, her eyes flashing bright blue.

"Oh, so now you don`t have anything else to do so you just pop in to see what I`m doing? Maybe next time you won`t be so lucky when I throw something." She asked with mock anger, smiling. "I have so many safety spells around this place a nuclear bomb coudld go off in here and the rest of the world wouldn`t know it." She looked around her special area. "If you want to be dummies, be my guest."

Mentally to Haru, she added, *Sure, but just how are we supposed to do that without Rhyme knowing? He never leaves your side.*

"So, when do we get started?" She asked excitedly. She loved a good fight.

~Harry Potter~

((One Wild Night~Bon Jovi))

"We can start right away." Rhyme said as he took Haru's hand and they walked toward the edge of the clearing.  "Oh, and the safe word is cucumber, if you say that I will cut the spell." Rhyme added at the end.  

I say we duel afterward, you will probably kick my butt but I can try out different weapons to see what feels right. Haru replied mentally to Stacey.  

A fast guitar beat began and Haru squealed in joy "Oh I love this song!" The magic felt noticeably different through.  When together Haru brings stability to Rhyme's otherwise chaotic music.  Haru was the master of illusions and with his help Rhyme can focus and create much stronger effects.  Also thankfully it didn't cause as much damage to the area around it since Haru kept it reined in.  

((Lyrics mean very little so not going to waste the space))

Rhyme and Haru began to sing and dance to the music, always staying in contact though.  The dances wasn't required but the beat was so fast and additive it was hard not to.  As the song started the light dimmed within the area Stacey protected to that like dusk.  A full moon rose above them lighting it in a bright light.  

Five people dressed in robes appeared in front of Stacey.  Each of their robes were a different color, one was white, another yellow, a third red, a forth green and the last black.  Rhyme could make them do anything but he decided to keep it simple to start and see how fast Stacey destroyed them to judge the next wave.  

The man in green was the first to act.  He knelt touching the ground lightly before standing again.  Where he touched a small sprout began turning into a long vine which flew at moderate speed toward Stacey.  The vine also had bright red thorns that looked very sharp.  

potter_fan122

Stacey watched closely, giggling a little when Rhyme and Haru started to dance. They were cute together, they really were. She swayed back and forth in place to the beginning of the song.

When the area went dark Stacey froze, then relaxed. She liked the night. She was a part of it. With a flick of her wrist she added fifty or so twinkling stars to the area. She was still looking up when the five figures appeared. She looked over at them slowly, her arms raising instictively. Her eyes flashed black and stayed there; she had found that the color of her eyes could be a weakness, because they often showed her fear or pain.

The person in the green robe knelt and Stacey mimicked them. She put her hand flat against the ground. She she stood a flowing plant raised with her, coming up with her palm. The green plant with red thorns moved towards her and she stepped aside. With a smooth, practiced movement she pulled a knife from her thigh and swiped calmly at the plant. She swirled the sharp blade in her hand and took a couple steps back. If Rhyme was controlling the plant, it would probably follow. She didn`t know how things were going yet, so she had to test the limits of illusion.

~Harry Potter~

The blade cut cleanly through the vine though from where it was cut, two more vines sprouted with the same red thorns.  The main vine seemed to stop moving but the two new ones grew each in different directions to try and surround Stacey.  The man in the green robes then took his left leg and tapped the tip of his foot against the ground behind him a few times.  This movement, apparently done randomly, was a preset magic.  If Stacey took more than three average steps back, she would find vines grabbing at her ankles. 

Keep his eyes on Stacey and the vines the man in green reached into the arm of his robes and pulled out a handful of small leaves which he threw into the air.  They were a deep green with a sharp edge and with the shape of an elongated teardrop.  When he did they scattered and doubled to make about forty in total.  They swirled around Stacey and began to move closer and closer unknowingly as sharp as a knife on their edges. 

((Oh and since she would have access to their powers, Red-Fire, Yellow-Air, Green-Nature, White-Light, Black-Shadows))

potter_fan122

Stacey tilted her head sideways, thinking, and her eyes flashed an interesting purple. She never had been too good at Herbology; in fact, that was her worst class, and she had hated it. She had no idea what to do with plants.

With a wicked, knowing smile she straightened up. She may not know what do with plants, but she knew what to do with fire. She rubbed her hands together, sending sparks falling to the ground. Quickly she spread her hands apart and great flames swooped from her skin. The fire engulfed the vines in a wave of heat. The depths of it sparked blue and white with heat.

Stacey looked over to the green-cloaked figure with bright orange eyes, smiling perkily.

~Harry Potter~

The man in green frowned but he bowed his head and vanished.  There was nothing else it could do to fight her.  Anything he could throw at her would be burned away in an instant.  Next the person in red and yellow walked forward as a team.  The person in yellow was a woman while the person in red a man.  When they got away from the other group they took each other's hand and smiled at Stacey. 

The man raised his hand and a small fireball was created, he held it in front of himself while the women made a gesture toward punching it.  When she did it flew from his hand and grew from the added oxygen turning from a dull red to a bright blue.  The blue fireball about the size of a watermelon flew at moderate speed toward Stacey. 

potter_fan122

Stacey nodded to the man in green before he disappeared. That had been a little too easy. She was surrounded by power, a plant wasn`t going to stop her very easily. Of course, she was a fighter. She didn`t go quietly. The thin young woman was a disaster in a bottle.

"Rhyme, that last one was simple. You gotta do better than that." Stacey called, taking a few paces to her left with her eyes on the fireball. Her combustion cloud had dissolved when the green man had disappeared, and the plant she had produced was stooped over and crispy. She shook her head and snapped her fingers; it seemed to melt down into the ground, which was perfectly lush still.

Stacey stretched her arms above her head, popping both her shoulders and knuckles. With a sigh she crouched and spread her hands apart, palms up. Sparks danced on her fingertips and jumped into the air. Thousands of them collected above her head, forming a shape. After a moment you could tell that it was a bird-- or a pheonix, to be exact. It was made of little glowing particles, raining hot drops of orange. The bird opened its beak and let out a harsh cry. With a sound like rustling leaves it pushed forward, flying stright through the offending fireball. Fire could hurt fire, after all.

Stacey was still crouched like a volleyball player with her hands out in front of her. She had spent so much time with fire that she was practically fireproof, too. Flame didn`t hurt her that much, but it would hurt if she got hit with a fireball.

~Harry Potter~

The person in yellow broke contact with the man in red and began to make many fast movements with her arms as if she was bending the air itself with her movements.  The fireball began to elongate and took the shape of an Asian dragon.  The women then made a clenching motion with her hand and Stacey's phoenix began to fizzle before going out from being starved of life giving oxygen.  The dragon then opened its mawl and another jet of orange fire emerged from it toward Stacey. 

After the attack finished Haru sent mentally to Stacey, Matching what they throw at you won't work for any of these guys.  Yours powers have so much more potential then just matching fire with fire or magic with magic.  Try some different things; see what will negate their power instead of trying to end it with a 'who can shove harder' match.

The idea behind this, at least for Rhyme and Haru was to train Stacey's situational awareness as well as her problem solving techniques.  To just shove back what the enemy sent at you used up way more energy than working to negate it. 

potter_fan122

Stacey chewed the inside of her cheek, thinking. She had had extensive training with both magical defense and hand-to-hand, but she was better an the physical fighting. It was something she could always improve on, and wasn`t something you could forget easily. Hand-to-hand was a better workout, and she loved it. The feel of her blood pulsing through her body just made her shiver.

*Being different is what I`m good at, but I`m even better with force.* She sent back, moving her weight from one foot to the other. *Think! Use that brain of yours!* She kept that part to herself.

Fire needed heat, fuel, and oxygen to keep going. Or, if magically made, just two of the tree. The fiery monster before her had to be magical, of course, and probably used only oxygen and heat. If Stacey could get rid of one of those two, the fire should dissolve into nothing.

She sashayed to the right, waving her hands over her head like she was trying to signal a plane. Ice instead of fire expelled from her palms and the temperature in the clearing dropped rapidly. She was pulling energy towards her while she forced ice into the area. She started humming a tune uncontrolably, pacing a grapevine to the left. Her eyes were cold blue and locked on the monster, waiting...

~Harry Potter~

((Bonus points for the grapevine!))

The fire fizzled and popped as the wave of ice and cold hit it before going out.  The dragon then made a hissing sound angrily spitting out sparks instead of spit before going out from the cold.  Its element defeated the man in read bowed and vanished.  The women in yellow still remained though since her powers only amplified the fire and her element was yet to be defeated. 

((Don't worry the last two will be harder since they are the most abstract elements))

Haru shivered at the drop in temperature before snapped and clothing himself in Rhyme in heavy woolen sweaters and scarves as well as hats and gloves. 

The women in yellow brought her hands together cracking all the knuckles and popping all the joints.  She then did the same to her head.  Lastly she reached into her robes and pulled out a simple Chinese fan.  She did not open it yet though she did keep it in her hands as she flipped backwards.  As her feet left the ground blades of air left them, cutting into the earth as well as they rushed toward Stacey three in total. 

((And for reference the guy in green is gone so you can't use his power but not sure how advanced she is with power drawing))

potter_fan122

((Why extra points for the grapevine? And Stacey has control over all of the elements. Fire is her best, earth is her worst, and water is her least-used.))

Stacey couldn`t help but smile as the fire dragon disappeared. She hadn`t really ever faught against fire before, at least not a strong fire-user. She had only fought Aiden, who wasn`t nearly as experienced and powerful. A wave a pride swept over her, and she stood up straight. The woman in yellow was still there, though, and that made her grimace a little. How was she supposed to fight air?

Well, the opposite of air was earth.

Stacey lifted her hands again and clapped loudly. The ground of the clearing shook The area around the other woman vibrated quickly, making hundreds of tiny cracks all around. Four walls suddenly erupted from the ground, surrounding the lady. The walls were almost clear, but with chunks of grass and dirt here and there. To cover the top, Stacey raised one hand and made a swiping motion. A burst of energy like a wave rolled under the ground, and it jumped up to cover the top, making a cage.

Stacey looked to Rhyme, again waiting to see what would happen.