News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

→drive thru→

Started by potter_fan122, May 23, 2010, 12:31:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

potter_fan122

Alice ran up the stairs, her black hair flying out behind her. She was getting married. No joke, honest to God, married. And she wasn`t going to back out of it this time. She knew that she couldn`t live one day without Seth, because she had tried. It seemed her whole world boiled down to him, now. There was nothing else.

She rushed into her private room in the girl`s dormitory and started ripping through her clothes. In two minutes everything was ready, and she was running back downstairs. Being human meant that she didn`t have inhuman speed anymore, but she was still fast. She was outside the front door a minute later, her two bags in hand. Seth would be coming out any moment, and then they were leaving.

Everything seemed to be going to fast, but slow at the same time. Things dragged on, the minutes seeming like hours. She wanted to be bound to Seth forever, legally. She didn`t care what anybody thought. She loved him and she would be d@mned if anyone was going to get in her way.
"Get out of my way! I'm a free spirit!"
FOREVER WILL NEVER BE LONG ENOUGH.
"And now I understand a phrase I once thought odd;
I guess to love another person is to see the face of God."

Sky

Today was the day that Seth was getting married. It was so spontaneous and he didn't care one bit. He was happy. He smiled from ear to ear as he ran up the stairs to fetch his best clothes. He put them in a bag and then took off back down the stairs. By the time he stepped outside the front doors with his bag over his shoulder, Alice was already there with her own belongings.

"I love you." He said, already out of breath from running around the castle. He stepped forward and kissed her carefully on the lips.

potter_fan122

Alice flashed a bright smile and kissed him back softly.

"I love you too, Seth." She said softly, sort of breathless. She started to pull him toward the gate, then out past Hogsmead to where she could Apparate. She leaned in for another kiss and they were off.

A minute later they were in the back alley of some building that smelled. Alice shrugged and started off towards the lights. She held Seth`s hand and adjusted her hair and shirt with the other.

"Now, you`re serious, right? You`re not going to regret this tomorrow morning?" Alice asked, only half-teasing.

Sky

"I'm beyond serious." Seth replied. He sniffed the air and made a face. "Ew. That is some naaastay air."

He looked around at all of the signs and bright, distracting lights. He hadn't seen anything like this before. It actually took him awhile to adjust.

"I hope you have a place in mind, because I have no idea where to go."

potter_fan122

Alice smiled and shook her head. The lights were bright and distracting, trying to entice people into the depts of different places, some safer than others. She scanned the area until she saw something.

"Come on, this way. Looks nicer than the ones you`d normally find." She said, leading Seth to the door of a churchy-looking place.

Sky

"This looks like a nice place." Seth said. He scanned the entire building and then opened the door, holding it open for her.

((BsgsdgdfgdsG.))

potter_fan122

Alice smiled and walked in, carefully directing her larger bag in front of her. The front looked modern with a long white desk and a small woman sitting behind it. There were large windows on two sides and a big doorway that led to the main area. That part looked old, with wooden beams on the ceiling and a few pews. It looked like a real church.

"Wow." Alice said softly.

"Hi, can I help you?" The small, blonde woman behind the counter asked.

"Yes, actually. We would like to get married." Alice replied, smiled and leaning into Seth. The woman stared for a moment, shrugged, and waved them forward.

"Most of it is just papers, but some people like to have a little ceremony. It`s two-hundred dollars. You have to be over eighteen, though." She raised an eyebrow and stared.

"Of course." Alice dug into a large purse and pulled out a wallet, then an ID. It stated that she was nineteen. The lady didn`t ask for Seth`s ID, he looked old enough, much too old for Alice.

Sky

Seth reached into his wallet and pulled out one hundred dollar bill and five twenty dollar bills. He laid them down on the table and pushed them toward the woman. He had exchanged some of his money at Gringotts before Alice and Seth had collected their things. He had a thousand dollars in muggle cash on him. Well, now eight hundred, which was a lot to have in his wallet.

The woman eyed him for just a moment. Perhaps because of how he just whipped out two hundred dollars. Perhaps she had figured that Alice was marrying him for his wealth, which was something he didn't have.

"Thank you." She said finally, collecting the money and putting it in a register, which was printing off a receipt. She tore it off and handed it to him. "Just proceed through the main doorway when you're ready. Male's changing rooms are on the left, ladies on the right. If there's anything I can do, please don't hesitate to ask."

potter_fan122

Alice frowned a little, heading towards the chapel part of the building.

"You didn`t have to pay for all of that." She said softly as she drifted towards the right side. "But I suppose you aren`t going to let me pay you back." She smiled and squeezed his hand before going into the dressing room.

A few minutes later she peeked out the door so just her head showed. She had pulled her hair up into a messy bun, but it looked pretty, somehow. She had put on a dark grey eyeshadow and red lipstick. Her dress was hidden behind the door. It was an off-white cream color, almost gold in hue, that billowed around her in gently waves. There was red velvet trim along the edges, and she held seven red roses.

"Are you ready?" The blonde woman asked her, surprising her.

"Uh, yeah." She said, slowly opening the door and stepping out. She was really doing this. She was reall getting married.

Sky

"Nope." Seth replied, winking at her.

Seth was already dressed in a black tuxedo with a red dress shirt and black tie. His hair was neatly spiked and his shoes shined. He waited by the altar, staring down at the ground, waiting for his bride to meet him at the end of the aisle.

potter_fan122

The blonde lady led Alice to the doors that led tot he isle.

"When the music starts, just go. There`s a certified pastor and... Landon Seth Lockheart waiting for you." She nodded and slipped inside. She, in fact, was the woman who played the piano music for the procession.

Alice took a deep breath as she heard the first notes being played. She had dreamed of this for a long time, and she had wanted to marry Seth for almost two years now. Well, she finally got what she wanted.

She pushed the door open and smiled at Seth. He looked really nice-- he did all of the time, but especially nice now. She felt tears sting the back of her eyes, but she forced them back. She wanted to be able to see tonight.

When she finally reached the end, she wanted to kiss Seth now, but had to restrain herself. She faced him, then they turned together to face the pastor.

"We are gathered here today to celebrate the joining of two individuals, Alice Rowena Brokeheart and Landon Seth Lockheart. They..." The big man`s words seemed to blend together, and Alice could just feel Seth and joy.

Sky

Seth's was literally breathless when Alice stepped into the isle. For a moment, he could not breathe. She just looked so beautiful. He couldn't believe that is was possible to love somebody this much. They shared their ups and downs, but vampire or human, he would love her always.

The pastor proceeded with his words once they faced him.

"Landon has asked to say his own vows." The pastor said with a soft smile. "Take it away."

Seth turned to face Alice and cleared his throat.

"Gosh, where do I begin? I always thought that I would choose who I would fall in love with. I always thought that I would always be in control. But the day that we met, you had won my heart just like that. Before I even realized what was going on, I was yours. You were on my mind when I woke up and when I fell asleep. I dreampt of you and missed you. When I went home to take care of my Mother, I realized that I could not live without you in my life. Seeing you in that bookstore was fate. We are destined to be together.

And so, Alice Rowena Brokeheart, I give you this promise. I promise to be the best husband and give you everything you deserve. When the times are hard, I promise to always be there for you, to comfort you, to hold you. I promise to love you forever, until the day I die."

potter_fan122

When Seth finished Alice had tears at the corners of her eyes. What he said had been simple, but he had meant it and it had all been true. It felt right for him to say that.

"Alice has also decided to say her own vows." The pastor added, nodding to her to procede.

"Well, what you said is the same for me, too. I knew that you were special that first moment I met you. I didn`t know that I loved you until much later, but I always have. You found a spot in my heart and never left, even when he tried to go our own ways for a while. But being apart didn`t work for us. We fit together, belong together. I can`t live without you in my life, and I hope that you feel the same about me.

So Seth, this is where I say that I`ll want you always-- all of you-- no matter what happens, until the day I die." She said, a tear running down her cheek. She swallowed heavily and looked to pastor.

"And now, if you will face each other and take each other`s hands...." The woman took Alice`s flowers and she gripped Seth`s warm hands. "And Landon, If you could repeat after me: Alice Rowena Brokeheart, if you will take this ring as a sign of good faith and love towards me, for always and forever, for better for worse, and in sickness and in health." He waited.

Sky

Seth noticed the tear. He had never seen Alice cry in all the time that he knew her. For some reason, that made him want to cry to, but he wasn't going to.

"Alice Rowena Brokeheart, if you will take this ring as a sign of good faith and love towards me, for always and forever, for better for worse, and in sickness and in health." He repeated every syllable without screwing up, which was rather surprising. He was scared that he would stutter or say something else. But everything flowed rather smoothly.

potter_fan122

Alice couldn`t help but smile as he slid the ring onto ther finger. It was stunning, just like everything about him.

"Now Alice." The pastor said. She repeated what Seth had said but with his name in place of hers. She took his left hand and put a silver band on his ring finger. It sparkled with tiny diamonds, but was still distinctly manly. She curled her fingers around his. They were so close, it was ridiculous.

"And now I present to you Mr. and Mrs. Landon Seth Lockheart. Landon, you may kiss the bride."

"It`s Seth," Alice mumbled before she leaned forward and pressed her lips to his.