News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

Graduation Day (Open to everyone)

Started by purpleraincloud, June 9, 2010, 08:55:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

purpleraincloud

It was graduation. Avalee hadn't been able to close her eyes for more than a few seconds the previous. Today was the day. The day that scared the crap out of her. Her hands shook. It was the beginning of another chapter in her life. She was in the common room, dressed for the ceremony, and hair was curled. She took deep breaths. She was on the verge of an anxiety attack. She had taken a healthy dose of her medicine, but this day was just too much. She had no real plans. At. All.

She talked to a counselor at the school, and she had had the highest grades in herbology. She was trying to talk professor Longbottom into letting her be an intern next semester. She did love that class, and she couldn't leave this place. It would always be her home. And she definitely couldn't, and more importantly wouldn't go home. Her parents weren't even coming to graduation. They hadn't even called.

She looked at the large clock on the wall, next to the famous statue of Rowena Ravenclaw. The statue gave her confidence. She was a Ravenclaw for a reason. Right? She stood up, and took a deep breath, and walked out of the common room.

She tried to take her time while walking down the stairs, so she wouldn't kill herself. She soon made it out of the castle and onto the grounds. It was overrun with parents and faculty and over happy seventh years. She looked for a familiar face but was at a loss. She pretended to be confident, and marched forwards, trying to find Axel.
For just another day, for another stolen hour
When the world will feel my power and obey
It's just another day
Feeling like I'll live forever
Feeling like this feeling never goes away

Sky

"Well Axel, ya did it." 

Axel stood in front of a tall mirror, adjusting the black tie that was around his neck. He had on a white dress shirt and dress pants. The proper attire for males to wear with their dress robes. His crimson red hair had gotten longer, to his chin, and he hadn't bothered to cut it. He figured he might as well keep it for the class photo.  He turned away from the mirror and noticed just how quiet it was in his dormitory. Nobody was there but him. Everyone else was ready and getting ready for the ceremony. Typical Axel, taking his time.

He walked over to his four-poster and picked up his black dress robe that layed across the made-up bed. Once he slipped it on, he grazed his hand along one of the posters and felt a bit homesick already. He frowned but shook it off and turned around, leaving Gryffindor for the final time.
Axel rushed down the staircases, once stepping through a trick step, and ran out into the grounds. Parents, staff, and students swarmed the grounds, making it nearly impossible for him to find anyone familiar. But he kept searching, and within minutes he found her, confident and beautiful. A smile stretched across his face and started walking over to her.

"Hey there." Axel called with a wave.

purpleraincloud

"Hey there!"
That farmiliar voice made her spin around. She found Axel's face, and smiled a legitimate smile. She awkwardly walked towards him in her heels. She had no idea what possed her to wear them, but her feet would be dead quite soon. She wore a simple black dress that stopped at about her knee. There was a Ravenclaw blue sash tied around her lower chest. Axel looked good in his more dressed up outfit. She stood facing him.

"So today is the day, huh?" She semi stated, semi asked him. The noise was a blur around them, she tried to tune them out. She saw farmiliar faces now. Girls she had passes in the hall, boys she had been lab pArtners with in potions, ect. It was odd.
It's just another day

HamandCheese

(Lol at one point Avalee was five years younger than me)

Bucky stood outside with his band, he was so pissed he was no graduating. He was smoking a fake cigar, it was not harmful . He heard screaming and hooting and knew at one point he would be out of here but he didn't now how fast the next year would go. He knew he was a straight A student and had the money so he was thinking off leaving a year early. F##k graduation.

Bucky was playing and his band are the band for the night. There rooted if they want slow songs.
Dan Aykroyd Fans http://elwoodjake.proboards.com/index.cgi

Top on google search (Or second from the top)

[

Which is Bucky?? You decide.

Miss Xantier

Time for grad. Heather couldn't believe how fast time flew by from First Year to grad! She couldn't wait to finally graduate! But was nervous as to she had no clue what was to come of her. So, she just thought about what class she got highest in and where she had the most fun. though she wasn't sure if she should go to muggle college or university after this or just go on into the Wizarding World.

She remembered her Career Choice meeting with her head of house. They had talked about several different choices, some of which was being a teacher at a school. She would be most likely to be either a intern for Transfiguration, Divination, or Charms. Heather would have to choose sooner or later.

Heather stood in front of the mirror in her dorm room. She had straighten her long black hair and was wearing a long, puffy, strap-less deep blue dress. The dress, she had been forced into wearing. She would of preferred a nice silver dress with actual straps and no puffiness. She couldn't believe that for once muggles were allowed into Hogwarts. So Luc and Erica and her family were coming.

She left the Ravenclaw tower to be engulfed into a crowd. Heather waded through the crowd of people looking for one of her friends.

Sky

Axel noticed the heels and smiled.

"You look very pretty." He said, embracing her. He held her there for a moment. Axel wanted to remember this. Today was the last day they would spend together at Hogwarts. What would happen after today? He released her and stepped back.

"So today is the day, huh?"

Axel was quiet for a moment, almost in a trance as he watched kids and their parents talking and what not. Then he blinked and looked at her.

"Oh, oh yeah. I-I guess it is."

purpleraincloud

She looked into his eyes. The smile ran away from her face as he embraced her. Avalee didn't want to leave Hogwarts, and she really didn't want to leave Axel, she was sure she was more attached to him, than he was to her. She hated change, of any kind.

Parents cried around her, hugging their gleeful seventh years. She had Axel, and the rest of her friends, and that was enough.

A smile returned to her face, "You look pretty too" She chuckled lightly.

"So...lets make the most of today?" She asked half-smiling. If this was really goodbye, she wanted it to be a good one.
It's just another day

Sky

"Yeah." Axel smiled, almost a sad smile.  "I think the ceremony is about to start. We'd better meet the rest of the students." Axel stuck his hands into his pockets and nodded to the large group of seventh years that were getting seated.

purpleraincloud

She followed him there seeing face after face. All these people she had known. With each wobbly step she took a step closer to her future. Sure, there were ups, she was finally a legal adult and could do what she pleased. Freedom.

She had never been particularly popular, or had a great amount of friends, but girls she had hung with stopped her every once in a while for a hug and an 'ohmigodwemuststayintouch'. She went along with it and let herself be stopped and hugged, and pretended she actually knew all of them. She smiled her best fake smiled and tried not to smirk. She was fairly sarcastic today. She saw Heather across the space, and waved to her. Heather was her only true friend here. Heather and Axel.

As a line began to form for the ceremony, anxiety built up in the pit of her stomach.
It's just another day

Miss Xantier

Heather finally saw her friend Avalee. She saw as Avalee waved at her. So she waved back. She was thankful that she saw Avalee. Especially in the protective arms of Axel. She smiled and sighed, her best friend had found someone good for her.

She saw a bunch of Grads lining up to Graduate. She could only comprehend one word from the many that were passing in her thoughts that were going super fast by. OH MY GOD! Was going over and over in her head. She joined the line. Soon. Her life was to end at Hogwarts, well. Unless she chose to teach there. She got thumbs ups from her muggle besties who passed by her, wishing her luck and headed to their seats.

Soon they were to Graduate, and they all would go their separate ways. She was nervous and prayed that she and Avalee wouldn't lose contact as they went their separate ways in life.

purpleraincloud

The ceremony had begun, as well as the next chapter in her life. Her last name, Ausden, put her second in the annoying alphabetical order they used. Her hands and knees shook. She hoped she could pull it together before she had to walk across the stage. All the years. All the hard work. All the late night staying up for cramming. She smiled.

"Avalee Margot Ausden, Ravenclaw" The head of her house announced her name, pronouncing each word correctly, surprisingly. She took a deep breath.

This was it.

She exhaled and walked out, and up the stairs.
It's just another day

Sky

Axel didn't really feel nervous about this whole ceremony. Nobody was here for him. He could see Seth's parents in the crowd, third row, near the center aisle. Axel turned around in line and saw his cousin and was talking to a friend of his. He sighed and turned back around. Why did it have to be alphabetical order? He wanted to stand with Avalee....

But at this thought, her name was called. Already. He couldn't help but grin and clap for her.

"Way to go!" He shouted.

purpleraincloud

She glanced back and saw Axel. The only one cheering for her. It was nice. She smiled at him. I love him...she thought to herself. She walked across the stage and shook hands with several school executives, and the head of her house. They all mumbled general congratulations.

Then she heard a "GO AVA!" from the crowd. There was only one person ever who called her Ava was , gulp, her mother. She looked out into the crowd, and sure enough, there she was.

She was shocked, but continued across the stage, a blank expression on her face. She took a deep breath, it all would be delt with in time. She turned around not caring about the next few people, just waiting for Axel.
It's just another day

HamandCheese

Bucky stood with his band giving them a lecture "Okay, so a recording studio's coming today, so we have to rock this better than ever". Bucky heard loud screams and decided it best to see his friends off. "I'll be back in a minutes 'k" Bucky said walking towards the hall.

As Bucky entered he looked for his friends, he decided best to hang with Heather he felt even though she hated him she was still a friend. Bucky muttered 'Hey, it sucks having to do one more year, congrats to you bye the way".
Dan Aykroyd Fans http://elwoodjake.proboards.com/index.cgi

Top on google search (Or second from the top)

[

Which is Bucky?? You decide.

Miss Xantier

Heather had cheered for Avalee when she had gone up to Graduate. Luckily her name started with a H, so she wouldn't be going up for awhile. She heard Bucky's voice muttering beside her, and she rolled her eyes. For he was so annoying and he seems more old-fashioned.

She watched as the Head of the Houses kept calling names of Grads that had been in their house. Soon it would be her turn, she was only two people away from Graduating.