News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

Honeydukes

Started by Sky, June 22, 2010, 12:02:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sky

The little sweet shoppe that stood in Hogsmead was filled with all sorts of people looking to tame their sweet tooth. People crowded around the shelfs encased in glass, purchasing fudge and chocolate covered pretzel wands, chocolate frogs, peanut butter dragons, and whatever else was up for sale. Who knew why they were so busy, but that was a typical day at Honeydukes. Their sweets were just that good.

Axel was in the back, looking at a shelf that carried an assortment of cookies, brownies, and boxed puddings. There was even a little stand beside it that held all kinds of cookbooks. He even saw one that was called "Muggle Cooking" by Sylvia Linnox. He considered picking it up and taking it home and maybe learning how to cook something, but he was a horrible cook, even with magic.

He twisted his head, to see if Avalee had arrived, but she wasn't there. He was a little early though. He had something special planned for her. His hair was cut, not too short, but not long anymore, and he had put on a black shirt and white tie, and he even had dress pants on. People looked at him like he was crazy. It had to be at least eighty degrees, but Axel wanted to shed that tough guy look and be what some would call, a gentleman.

purpleraincloud

Avalee walked to Hogsmead quite quickly. A smile graced her face. It was too warm out for her tastes, but she was happy to walk outside, not quite caring too much. The pavement felt like it was radiating heat, so she hurried along her way, impatient. Her mind was in a haze. She no longer atended Hogwarts. She was no longer a student. But she ignored that feeling, today she was going to have fun. With Axel.

She thought of him and got butterflies in her stomach. She was head over heels for him. Avalee too a deep breath, and smoothed her shirt. It was a pretty blouse, red and bold, and shortsleved. It was a buttonup with shiny black buttons.  She wore a matching red headband in her curly blond hair. She also wore black shorts. On her feet were black gladiator sandals.

All she carried was her wallet, and her wand. Soon she aprroached the door of Honeydukes, where they were to meet. A deep breath, and she opened the door.   
For just another day, for another stolen hour
When the world will feel my power and obey
It's just another day
Feeling like I'll live forever
Feeling like this feeling never goes away

Sky

Axel heard the bell that was tied to a hook on the door and looked over. There she was, as pretty as ever. He grinned and made his way around the other customers to get to her.

"Hello there." He said with a bright smile, his bangs in his eyes as usual. He took her hand and kissed the top of it ever so softly. "How are you on this fine day?" He asked sophisticatedly.

purpleraincloud

She smiled up at him, and bit her lip. "Alright." She answered her face falling just a bit. Then she reached up and kissed him shortly, and softly on the lips. "Better, now, love." She replied happliy, pulling back. Avalee survayed her surroundings. Kids looked at her and Axel oddly, some boys making gaging faces at their kiss.

She giggled softly. "So what do you have planned for us today?" She asked.
It's just another day

Sky

Axel laced his fingers through hers and opened the door, motioning for her to go first.

"That, love, is a surprise. You shall find out soon enough. It's at the end of the village at the lake, I can tell you that much. No, not Hogwart's lake."

purpleraincloud

"Should I be scared?" Avalee asked in a scared tone, but her smile gave away her jokingness. She loved the feeling of having his fingers inertwined wig hers. Like a part of her heart had gone missing while he was missing and now that he was back her heart felt whole again.

She started walking faster, impatient as always. 
It's just another day

Sky

The lake was much prettier, though smaller, than the one back at Hogwarts. Its waters were clear and glimmered as the sun shed its light down upon them. Axel had come here several times, sitting along the wall that surrounded the lake. Not many people came here. It was more like a secret lake with other wonders around it. Not many people knew of it probably because of how long the walk was. Axel had worried about Avalee's feet getting sore.

In the grass several yards from the lake, was a huge blanket, with a large basket sitting on top. Axel grinned.

"Surprise." He said.

purpleraincloud

It was beautiful. Avalee stood there for a moment so happy. The whole scene was gorgous. The cliche, in q good way, picnic basket and blanket. They lake glimered in the bright early summer sun. It wasn't even as humid as it should have been. It was just perfect. She took a deep breath and turned back to Axel. Love rose up in her heart.

"Thank you." She said softly, in a way not wanting to disturb the peaceful scene before her. It was one of the sweetest things anyone had ever done for her.
It's just another day

Sky

"I know it's kinda predictable, but I figured you'd like it." Axel said. He led her to the blanket and sat down, opening the basket.  "Now, I'm not the best provider of food even with my wand, so I did the easiest thing and went with pizza. Is that alright?" He pulled out a couple plates and then some large triangular pieces of foil, in which were pizza. "Careful, it's hot." Then he took out two glasses and a bottle of very fine firewhiskey. Something you couldn't get in Hogsmead.

purpleraincloud

"Thanks," Avalee said and took the slice of pizza, only to set it down on a napkin. She took the firewhiskey from him, and took a look at the bottle. It was a nice, and very expensive, bottle. Somehow it sounded good, no matter how warm it was out. She took the glasses from him, and poured one glass for each of them. She took one, and handed the other to Axel.

"Do you know how wonderful it is just to be able to lean over and kiss you? Whenever I want?" She said this, just thinking aloud, and blushed as soon as the words left her lips.
It's just another day

Sky

Axel thanked her and brought the rim of the glass to his lips, but set it down after her words.

"You mean...like this?" He leaned over, one hand on the blanket for his balance, the other gently cupping her chin. He slowly brought his lips to hers and kissed her, for only a few seconds, and then fell back just a little, smiling.

purpleraincloud

"Just like that" Avalee said as they both pulled back from the kiss. She took a quick sip of the firewhisky smiling pleasently. It was good. The warmth reminded her of a homey feeling. Not like a feeling of her own home as a young child, those memories were bitter and cold. But this felt like a real home, like ahe did when she was in Axel's arms.

She took a bite of the pizza.
It's just another day

Sky

Axel unwrapped his own slice of pizza and took a bite. It was hot and he almost spit it back out, but that would be extremely embarrassing. He set it down to cool and sipped on his firewhiskey.

"Its nice out." He said, looking up.

purpleraincloud

"It's warm" She said. The sun shined bright. It warmed her face slightly, made her feel home almost. She smiled. She took another bite of the hot pizza. Avalee swept her gold hair back out of her eyes.
"So, what have you been up to lately, love?" She asked Axel.
It's just another day

Sky

Axel shrugged. 

"Not very much I s'pose. Just getting my last few glimpses of this place before I go. And thinking about you." He smiled a small smile and messed with his hair.

"What about you? How have you been doing?"