News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

..wonder when..

Started by potter_fan122, July 3, 2010, 03:02:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sky

She couldn't believe how unreal this day had become. She had run into Jason by accident, and now...she was his...his fiance. She was going to be his wife. Maybe someday a mother. And a grandmother. They would be together through everything.

"Let's go home." She said. "And celebrate. I need a night to relax."

potter_fan122

Jason nodded and hugged Sky again. A smile was plastered onto his face, and he had never been happier. Sky was coming home at last.

"Of course, love. We can do whatever. I`m just glad I found you."
"Get out of my way! I'm a free spirit!"
FOREVER WILL NEVER BE LONG ENOUGH.
"And now I understand a phrase I once thought odd;
I guess to love another person is to see the face of God."

Sky

Sky smiled and then pulled away from the hug, squeezing his hand.

"Its been a long time. Can you apparate us?" Sky hadn't been back in a while, and honestly, she couldn't concentrate on apparting there.

potter_fan122

Jason nodded once and hooked his arm around her waist again. Without warning he Apparated, and after a second of turning they were standing in the living room of their house.

((Ew. Instant writers block. =P ))

Sky

The house was extremely silent. And it hadn't changed a bit. It felt like Sky was in a haunted house. But then she heard the jingle of Jake's tag on his collar as he came trotting into the room and jumped on Sky's leg, and she realized she was home.

"Hi Jake!" Sky exclaimed as she sat down to pet him and rub his belly. He had gotten so big since the last time she had seen him. He could easily knock her down. He licked her hand and then looked at Jason, panting and his tail wagging from side to side.

potter_fan122

Jason laughed softly and knelt down next to Sky, rubbing Jake`s ears.

"Yeah, he can sit and stuff now on comand. Stacey helped me teach him. He was getting pretty mischievious." He smiled a little, then frowned. Sky should have been the one to be with him to teach their dog. They should have laughed at the things he got into and watchd as he grew up. But they didn`t. It made him... well, sad.

Sky

Sky frowned. She missed Jake growing up.

"I feel awful." She said. "It's like missing out on a baby saying it's first word, or taking it's first steps." She pet him behind the ears and then looked at Jason. "How is Stacey?" Sky saw her at the Ministry, but it wasn't the kind of meeting she had wanted. She missed her best friend.

potter_fan122

Jason shrugged, leaning back against the couch.

"Fine, I guess. I saw her about three weeks ago, and she seems happy. She`s gotten really big. Eighteen weeks along in her pregnancy. She dropped off some pictures for you. Somehow she seemed to know that you wouldn`t be away too long, and that she`d seen you around," he answered, reaching for Sky`s hand. He still didn`t think that she was real, that she was home.

Sky

Sky sat back against the couch too and leaned against Jason. It was the most comfortable she had been in a while now.

"She's a smart cookie, that Stacey. I've never met someone so gifted." She put her hand on Jason's chest and felt his heartbeat. "So she left pictures?"

potter_fan122

Jason nodded and stood up to get the photos from the mantle. This felt so normal, so every-day-kind-of-thing that it made him smile again.

"Yeah. Pictures of Jake, Aiden and her, and some sonogram pictures. A lot of pictures, actually. She said that you would want to know how things had gone while you were away." He sat down beside Sky again, on the other side of Jake, and handed her the thick stack of pictures. He had already gone through them, but he wanted to see Sky`s reaction to them.

Sky

Sky went through the pictures, one by one. She stared at each one for several seconds, looking at every detail. She could see Jake growing with every picture. There was Stacey and her husband Aiden, and then the sonogram pictures, which seemed to attract Sky's attention more than anything else.

"Oh Jason, look at them. They're so small. I just can't believe she's going to be a Mother." She set the pictures down and laid against Jason again and closed her eyes. She tried imagining herself as a Mother, but just couldn't do it. How could she ever be a Mother when she left the person she cared for most and hurt him like she did? She had a habit of running away. What if someday she ran away again when things got too challenging?

potter_fan122

Jason wrapped his arms around Sky, resting his cheek against her hair. He didn`t want her to feel bad any more. All that mattered was the fact that she was where she was supposed to be.

"I know. There aren`t any too recent photos of her, but her stomach is huge. You can really tell she`s having twins now," he said softly, stroking her hair.

Sky

"At least she's not have sextuplets. Her stomach would be ridiculous." She looked up at him and locked her eyes on his. 

"Will you ever forgive me Jason?" She whispered, taking his hand.

potter_fan122

"Of course, love. I understand why you did what you did. It was a noble thing, but I`m still glad you`re home," he replied, squeezing her hand.

((... I have nothing else to say....))

Sky

She brought her lips close to his and shut her eyes.

"What I did was a stupid thing that I still have to face. I'm so sorry that I left you. I'm so sorry Jason." Tears were leaking from her eyes and she pulled back and laid back against the couch, burying her face in her hands.