News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

-Unfinished Life-

Started by purpleraincloud, July 6, 2010, 11:58:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

purpleraincloud

Avalee was out at the lake. She had been there for about an hour. It was about 11 at night, and that's when they were supossed to meet, but she got there early so she could calm herself before Seth arrived. A note was sent just the previous day. But they were meeting. She had never officially met him. It had been almost a week since...the incident. Since then Avalee had fallen off the face of the planet. She had spoken to no one.

She looked awful. No makeup. Cheap Quittich t shirt, and athletic shirts. No shoes. It was warm outside, but it was cool by the lake. Goosebumps rose on her flesh. Her eyes were red. Insomnia and crying had taken over her life. Also frequent anxiety attacks. Her medication was doubled.

And there she waited. Only thinking of Axel, and the last time she was at the lake. 
For just another day, for another stolen hour
When the world will feel my power and obey
It's just another day
Feeling like I'll live forever
Feeling like this feeling never goes away

Sky

A white wolf had trotted silently through the forest and to the lake, sitting beside Avalee. The wolf then transformed into Seth. He didn't look so good either. He had on a brown t-shirt and black cut off sweatpants. He didn't wear shoes either. He automaticall let his hands hang over his knees and stared at the dark water where the only light was the moon above, glistening over the water.

"Hard to believe it's been a week." Seth said.

purpleraincloud

"I know."

She said, but her voice cracked as she said this. She was trying to be strong. But she wanted to crumble. She wanted to hurl herself off this cliff. She couldn't even look at him, she needed to pull herself together. Seth was beside her, and she felt as if the world was mocking her.

"Last time I was here...he took me here after graduation. He wanted to break things off, to protect me. I wouldn't let him." She was whispering so lightly. She wouldn't utter his name. Not for while.
It's just another day

Sky

Seth rubbed his neck for a moment.

"I never realized until then how much he really hurt. And I'm one of the people who hurt him. We were best friends when we were younger. We shared everything and we pretended to werewolves in the woods at his house before we got our powers. We would howl at the moon and then my aunt would tell us to come inside before the boogieman ate us. But when...his...parent's died, we had no choice but to take him in. My mother, for some reason she didn't like him. It was like a chore to have him around. She treated him like a nuisance while my father basically ignored him. I picked up my mum's behavior and began to treat him that way too. I regret it so much. He never had anyone to really care for him...except for you. You gave him something that he had wanted for a long time. He wanted to be loved and cared for. He wanted to be kept around."  Seth reached into his pocket and set down something long.

"This was his wand. I figured you would want it. I pretty much have the rights to his things since my parents won't want them, so I'm letting you have them. Even the house."

purpleraincloud

Avalee's mouth dropped. She took Axel's wand. She pressed it lightly to her lips. It was worn, and somehow smelled like him. Seth made it sound like Avalee was Axel's saving grace, but it was the other way around. He had changed her life. So much pain before him, and after him. She began to cry, but suddenly something clicked.

"House?!" She whispered in a strained voice.
It's just another day

Sky

"Er...yeah." Seth said, still staring at the lake. He couldn't look at Avalee. He just couldn't bring his eyes to her right now. It would bring on more guilt. After all...he killed Axel. "I know you guys didn't date too long, but you really were the only thing he had, besides...Alice." He found it surprising difficult to mention her name in this subject. "You don't have to take that or his things, but if you don't, then it's going to just sit and wither."

purpleraincloud

"I want his things. I do. Seth...it's just...." She was unsure of how to finished that sentence if she was unsure of anything. She balled up her fists, angry. "I miss him so much. Everything I do reminds me of him. I...."

She started crying again. Embarassed she covered her face. "Sorry..."
It's just another day

Sky

Seth turned and pulled Avalee into his arms, holding her tightly against him.

"Shhh." He tried to sooth. "I know. I know." He stroked her hair, rubbed her back. He tried everything to comfort her because he was feeling the same thing inside. He felt guilt everywhere. He felt it when the eyes of passersby stared into him. He felt it when he entered the dormitory. He felt it just looking at a candle, the fire reminding him of Axel.

purpleraincloud

She hugged him. He smelled like Axel. She cried harder into his chest. It was nice to just be held, and holding someone else. She hadn't really met him before. Yet she felt so close to him. It felt so good to have someone stroke her hair. To comfort her. Once she had calmed down enough to talk, she did.

"I wanted to do so much with him, Seth. I wanted to meet you and Alice, and have a nice dinner together. I wanted him to meet my awful parents. I wanted to talk to him about so much. I wanted to visit his parent's grave. I wanted to get him out of his shell. I wanted to help him over come his anger problems. I..." She stopped. And cried.
It's just another day

purpleraincloud

((Can we continue this?))
It's just another day