News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

Loss

Started by potter_fan122, July 7, 2010, 10:00:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

potter_fan122

((AVES.))

Alice moved through the trees like a ghost. Her white skin almost glowed in the moonlight, and her ebony hair that fell over her shoulders swallowed in the shadows of the night. Her eyes were dark and downcast. Nothing about her was alarming. Not any more, at least. She looked like a normal teenager; depressed and pale.

Axel was dead. He hadn`t been her life that long, and they hadn`t had much together. But it had been something. He had lifted her back up when she had fallen. She had asked for death and he had refused. He had saved her life, and she had lost his. She had let him fall away into nothingness, into the black serenity of death that she had been waiting for two hundred years to meet. And yet here she was. She, who had lived through the roughest times of history and the hardest parts of living, even though she had been dead. Now she had awaken, but at the cost of her savior.

Alice had asked to meet Avalee just barely a week after the accident. Avalee was the one who really needed comfort, she had been the closest to Axel and the one most affected my his death. Alice couldn`t imagine how Avalee felt if she herself felt this terrible.

She finally made it to a spot not far from the edge of the forest, where there was a small pond and a huge flat rock to sit on. Alice seated herself and waited, her ears listening for any sound of movement.

"My avenging angel is gone," she whispered into the wind.
"Get out of my way! I'm a free spirit!"
FOREVER WILL NEVER BE LONG ENOUGH.
"And now I understand a phrase I once thought odd;
I guess to love another person is to see the face of God."

purpleraincloud

Avalee sprinted through the trees. Sweat dripped down her face. It was humid out, and hot. She was just in the mood to run. She wished she could run away from everything. If she could just keep running. Her hair whipped around her face, she had forgotten to put her hair up. She wore short athletic shorts, and a red Hogwarts shirt. She had even remembered to wear shoes. But she looked awful. Eyes red, bloodshot. No makeup, but some trace of black mascara smeared under her eyes. Traces of tears were found on her face. The curls in her hair were flat, and ugly. She hadn't shaved her legs in a week, and dirt covered her legs, from gardening and running.

Soon she approached the space where they were to meet.

It was dark, and she had just looked gloomily up to the moon. A blank expression held her face. A mask to cover the pain. The pain she wanted to deny. The pain that was inevitable.

"Alice?!" She whispered.
For just another day, for another stolen hour
When the world will feel my power and obey
It's just another day
Feeling like I'll live forever
Feeling like this feeling never goes away

potter_fan122

Alice heard the young girl running long before she saw her. Even with her human hearing it wasn`t hard to notice her. She wasn`t being carefull, she had just wanted to move. Alice knew the feeling. Still, she knew how to be quiet. With a sigh she turned on the rock to face the child.

"I`m glad you came. I figured you would, but I though maybe... I don`t know." She gave a small smile that didn`t move past her lips. Her face was flat and expressionless. She knew how to be still. She had had a two hundred years of practice.

purpleraincloud

Avalee almost jumped as Alice began talking, almost. Her eyes focused on Alice, who sat on a large rock. Avalee felt a sharp pain in her chest at the sight of Alice. Tears threatened. She held them back. Trying to stay as blank as possible.

"Yes, I came." she said softly. Without emotion.
It's just another day

potter_fan122

Alice nodded slowly, her eyes still in Avalee's direction but not focused on her. It was all too easy to see what the child was thinking. Emotions were splayed across her face and mind, and she was making almost no effort to hide it. Well, if she was she wasn`t doing a very good job. Avalee`s thoughts were practically shouting in her mind.

"Avalee, you need to know a few things. I don`t think Axel told you about me, but I think that`s because he was ambarassed of our relationship and angry at me for what I did." Alice spoke evenly and softly, letting her pain show through just a little bit. There was no need to hide her feelings from the girl, because she felt the same way.

purpleraincloud

Avalee sighed. She really didn't want to know. Why did she have to tell her. Curiosity would get the best of her, though, if she didn't know now. She slowly sat on the ground. She looked up into Alice's eyes. She knew she was doing an awful job of hiding her pain. But was she really expected to be fine now? She had thought about it often. Was it better to hide her pain, or let it out?

She shook that from her mind quickly.

"Okay." Was her simple reply. Her voice was scratchy and cracked.

Right then she just wanted to be held. Warm and safe. In his arms.
It's just another day

potter_fan122

Alice watched Avalee carefully for a moment, silent. She just looked dark, with her black hair and clothing. She looked sad. The girl did too, though she looked more desperate or needing, lonely maybe.

"First, you don`t need to hide your pain. You went through hell, and you deserve to let that frustration out. I`ve lived through enough of it myself to know that much." She didn`t care if Avalee knew she had read her mind. She didn`t care about much of anything right now. "Axel and I were friends, honestly. There was no love between us like what you have for him. Yeah, we kissed a few time, but that was more for the motion of comfort, not for love."

Alice paused. That was really all she had to say about Axel himself. She had a feeling the girl wouldn`t exactly want to hear what she had to say now. Oh well, she would appreciate it later.

"Avalee, you can`t let this hold you back. You are so incredibly young and have so much life in you. All of your past, you have to let it go and get on with your life. That doesn't mean forget him, not at all. You have to remember him for who he was, not for what happened to him. Talk to people about him, and don`t be afraid to think about him or cry for him. You have to understand that. I`ve seen too much depression in my living to be able to see it in you. Axel would have wanted you to be happy and live your life, whether he was in it or not. He wouldn`t want you to stay caught up on his death. That would have hurt him more than anything else. You have to trust me on this." By the time she finished tears were caught in her eyes and her voice was shaky, but she didn`t stop. Avalee needed to know this. It was something that she had to be sure of before she could continue living her life.

purpleraincloud

"Thank you Alice. It truly does mean a lot that you say that, I just...I just. I don't know if it's time that I need or what...It was just...It was the first good relationship I've had. And I just, don't know how to handle. I have no family. I have no friends...I have nobody."

She felt like she was falling down a hole. Falling.....falling.....falling. And it would never stop.

((Sorry I haven't been on. My parents decided to torture me and stay at a hotel without internet while on vacation!))
It's just another day

potter_fan122

((It`s okay! Things like that happen.))

Alice nodded again, looking down at her pale hands. She felt terrible for saying those things, but they needed to be said.

"I also want you to know that things do get better. You might have to go through a few hard things to get there, but things will even out for you as long as you stay srtong. You can`t give up hope. It`s the only thing that we have." It was weird to say 'we', but Alice was human now too. She was no longer a wonder of the world. No, now she was normal and had to face the same consequences she had been criticising for the past two decades.

purpleraincloud

"I've never really known anyone who has died. I don't know how to act..."
She paused wiping a tear. Remembering how he used to always wipe her tears from her face, and the sadness from her soul when she needed him.
"I don't know if I should be mad at Seth, or just let it go. I don't know if I will ever love again....I try so hard not to let my heart open up now. I just don't want to close up forever..."
Avalee was way over sharing, but she needed to talk. Needed to think out loud.
It's just another day

potter_fan122

Alice kept her gaze on her hands. Avalee might not have seen anyone die, but Alice had seen a lot of it. Most of her existance had been filled with death and despair. Until recently there hadn`t been anything cheerfull in her life.

"I know things are hard for you. People aren`t made to live through death. If they were, things would be so different. Being angry at Seth won`t help anything, but don`t just let it go. Like I said, you need to remember Axel, even it makes you sad. Remember the things abou thim that made you happy. You`re so young; you`ll find love again. Don`t worry about that."

purpleraincloud

"Thank you Alice." Was her simple reply.

She had a lot of thinking to do. And didn't want to face the reality of it all. She was an adult now. She was supossed to have a job, and trudge through life like a little soldier. Just carry on. But she felt as if her story wasn't finished here. This chapter of her life wasn't yet over.

She would get a flat nearby, and would be an payed intern for as long as she could. She would trudge on through life. She would have to.

"I know how much you meant to him, and I know how much he meant to you. I'm a-always here...if you need to talk." She needed to repay the favor.
It's just another day