News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

Homework

Started by hpitb, July 10, 2010, 06:03:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hpitb

Aaron sat with his socked feet on the edge of his armchair. His thick History of Magic textbook was resting open upon the table that was his knees. A vast piece of wordless parchment stared back at him. His faerie war essay was not going so well. His head hurt as he did a tantivy mental recap of his notes and novels and textbooks and anything else he has heard or seen about faeries. Eventually he managed a few quotes various history books and included his own observations.

His quill broke underneath the crooked angle of which he held writing utensils. He sighed and pulled out his wand and quickly muttered the repairing charm. He sighed again and thought that it was time that Hogwarts modernizes and issues ball-point pens. Then he wondered why they were called ball-point if round objects can't have points. In between pondering the science of spheres and finishing homework, Aaron, being too shy to engage in conversation, wished somebody would come and help him relieve the work his troubled mind was under.

potter_fan122

Stacey tilted her head slightly to the side, watching the young boy. He was obviously trying to get some work done and wasn`t getting very far. Just when he had started his quill broke. She was about to go help him when he got out his wand and fixed it himself. Nodding, she smiled; at least the kid was smart enough not to get frustrated when something so trivial happened. He still looked a little stressed, though. Getting up, she decided that she would go talk to him.

"Hey, that`s not due for another week. Don`t get stressed over it if you don`t need to. Honestly, you don`t have the right books." She nodded towards the books on the table, then back at the boy. She could feel her eyes change emerald green and she winced; that color reminded her of Jonathan, and she hated thinking of him now. "Really, you should go down to the library."

She leaned against the arm of the counch carefully, looking over to the fireplace. Her stomach was huge now, and she was only five months along. Gosh, she couldn`t imagine how big she would be when it was time for the twins to be born!
"Get out of my way! I'm a free spirit!"
FOREVER WILL NEVER BE LONG ENOUGH.
"And now I understand a phrase I once thought odd;
I guess to love another person is to see the face of God."

hpitb

Aaron heard a voice above him. The voice was familiar, from a class maybe? He looked up to meet full-face with someone's stomach. It bulged out in a round fashion suggesting pregnancy. He looked up to meet his speaker's face. Aaron was surprised to find her so young...and pregnant. His mother threatened to hang him by his thumbs outside his third story window if he ever got a girl pregnant.

"Another week? You mean a week hasn't already passed? Hmm, maybe that was last week. Sorry, I'm easily confused. I get days and weeks mixed in my head." Having a non forgetful mind can be such a gift and such a pain. He tilted his head to one side and furrowed his eyebrows. "You gave me doubled advice; are you suggesting that I stop my work, or should I continue it in the library?"

potter_fan122

Stacey smiled at the boy, her eyes lightening in color slightly. He had noticed her double reasoning, which most kids just got confused by.

"Either. Whichever you prefer. I, myself, would take a break. If you think too hard about one thing pretty soon your brain will just shut down the topic." She shrugged, her hair falling into her face. "Relax a bit. Things get better after a while," Stacey said as she scanned the room again.

hpitb

Her advice was sound. Aaron smiled back at her. He carefully closed his text book after wedging his incomplete essay in. He packed everything into a small men's satchel. He slap his forehead. "Oh, I forgot to introduce myself. I'm Aaron." He said and outstretched his hand.

potter_fan122

She smiled and felt her eyes flicker to a soft blue. The kid was polite and quick; finally, someone who wasn`t a little brat.

"Nice to meet you," she replied, shaking his hand firmly, "I`m Stacey Gray. I teach DADA, but not recently." She had taken the last month off due to her pregnancy. Her doctor had advised-- no, ordered-- her not to do any magic unless it was of the household kind. He didn`t know how stressfull that was for her, and she had slipped a few times. Well, her children would be different anyway; they`d be a fourth immortal, so something was bound to be special.

hpitb

Her handshake was firm and her palm was smooth. Defense Against the Dark Arts must a fun class to teach. He did remember her in class then. Wow she was a young, talented, pregnant teacher. She's like a triple threat plus one: a quadruple threat. Aaron found her interesting. He carefully brushed his mind onto her surface thoughts, quenching his thirst for thought. She thought he was polite. Other people's thoughts is like a drug, no, more like water to Aaron. His mind is frequently busy and in pain that he replaces it with someone else's.

"And I you." He replied, letting his hand drop.

potter_fan122

Stacey felt him reach out with his mind; it was like a feather barely brushing her. His thoughts in return to hers were nice enough, but the fact that he had tried to touch her mind was enough to make her shut it down. The block she put up was solid and would feel like a push to the boy`s mental field.

-Silly child,- she thought to herself in the emptyness of her own mind. The only people that could still get inside her head were Ginny, Lavy, and Jonathan. The first two hadn`t been present in a while, and the latter, well, he had been absent for a while now.

"So, what were you working on that was giving you problems?"

hpitb

Stacey blocked him out of her mind. He almost narrowed his eyes at this new frustration, but decided he had no right to be in there anyway. His "thirst" came back strongly now that he knew her mind was unavailable.

"It wasn't so much as the homework giving me trouble. More so myself giving me trouble?" Aaron said questioning his own words. "My essay's about faeries and their struggle with muggles and wizards. Somewhere in my family tree someone married a faerie and so I am partially bardic. I've read a lot of novels about faeries during my supposed muggle times. And with the possibility of being part faerie I read as much about faeries I could find. I have trouble sorting out fact from fiction. See, it's hard, almost impossible for me to forget things naturally." he explained.

potter_fan122

Stacey nodded, making a face to herself. This kid was stressing too much. Not like she could talk. It had been Rhyme that had saved her from herself.

"Okay, seriously, you need to give that a break. You have a week left to do it, and it`s only one piece of parchment. Wait untill you`re a seveth year and have finalls. Those you can stress over." She looked at the kid. He couldn`t be over fourteen. There wasn`t any reason he should be that hard on himself.

hpitb

Aaron grimaced at her words. He was most definently not looking forward to his seventh year.

Aaron gave a small chuckle. "Okay relaxation it is." He stood up from his chair. "Would you like to come have a walk?" After a second glance at her round belly he said,"Or are you not up for it?"

potter_fan122

Stacey stood up and gave the boy a pointed look; even so she was holding a lot back. She hated the fact that she couldn`t run around and do whatever she wanted any more. Running had been a passion of hers, and she had always been so quick. Now it was like someone was making sure she couldn`t do those things just to spite her. Well, getting pregnant hadn`t exactly been planned. Still, she had to live with the consequnces of settling down so early.

"No, a walk sounds perfect," she replied in a cheery voice. Her older students-- students who had been enrolled when she was still learning-- knew her to be quick both physically and mentally. With the most advanced powers of any student, she had moved through classes rather fast.

"Is there anything you haven`t seen? The towers, the lake?"

hpitb

Aaron felt guilty for his accusation of her not being able to walk. He cast his eyes down and was about to probe her mind but then he recalled the wall she built. He was happy she agreed to the walk and even happier that they should go see a lake. He loves water.

"We have a lake? Oh I'd love see that."

potter_fan122

((Couple things. Try to post something about what`s in Aaron`s mind, like how I did with Stacey. In my last post she remembered how easy it was for her to move around, and how she felt abou that. Just try to put more into what you write, instead of plain actions.))

Stacey couldn`t help but snort as she moved towards the door and out into the hallway. Seriously, he didn`t know about the lake. It was one of the biggest things around. Maybe he wasn`t so quick after all.

"Okay, then. Follow me. I can`t believe you didn`t know about the lake. Didn`t you see it on the train ride over here?"

hpitb

The train rides are not something he likes to remember. Most of the ride he'd try to block out the raucous thoughts of other people. But being in such a close proximity made it hard. It's almost as bad as meal times. His eyes were closed most of the time.

"No I didn't. On my way there I try to block other people out and my eyes are normally closed. I haven't been outside much either. The sun hurts." He hated the hint of complain that was behind his words.