News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

°Trying to waste time.°

Started by purpleraincloud, July 13, 2010, 12:43:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

purpleraincloud

Avalee sat in The Three Broomsticks. A blank expression on her face. It was easier than showing pain. On her legs were dark skinny jeans, a purple blouse, and a green cardigan. She wore a simple necklace around her neck. It was a long-ish chain with a ring on it. A simple silver band. It was his.

She wasn't there to get drunk. She could do that at home if she wanted to. No. She just wanted to be around people. To hear voices. To hear laughter. She didn't want to become a ghost. A shell of a human being. Axel wouldn't have wanted that. His name echoed in her mind. Axel. She said it again in her mind, and closed her eyes. She imagined having his lips pressed against hers on more time.

She snapped her eyes open. Those thoughts would get her nowhere fast. She ached inside now. Maybe alcohol would help. She ordered up a firewhiskey, and drank it down. It burned.
For just another day, for another stolen hour
When the world will feel my power and obey
It's just another day
Feeling like I'll live forever
Feeling like this feeling never goes away

Sky

"You're going to regret drinking that down like that, unless you already are."

A man was standing by Avalee's table. He had been walking by but stopped when he saw her drank it down like she did. She didn't even look old enough to drink. He stared down at her with cold but beautiful blue eyes hidden behind his black rimmed glasses. His brown hair hair was neatly combed and he had on a dark blue dress shirt and black tie. His bangs were swooped to the side.

purpleraincloud

"You're going to regret drinking that down like that, unless you already are." 

Avalee finished the small glass of firewhiskey, even after she heard the man. She spoke without looking at him. It was the first time she had spoken to another human in two days. It was odd, and her voice sounded odd to her own ears. Anxiety rose in her stomach. She didn't like strangers. Her hand make it's way to her necklace. Feeling its smooth cold surface, she felt better.

"I regretted it the second I ordered it. And I also regret drinking it. But I've learned that you can't undo what's been done." She said the words with kindness, and sadness in her voice. Respecting the voice, not an ounce angry at it, somehow. She finally looked over at the man. He was young, not student young, but still young. But in the moment all she noticed was his piercing blue eyes. Tears welled up in hers, and her jaw dropped. So familiar.
It's just another day

Sky

"Hey now, don't cry." The man said with a frown. "I was saying that its not good for you to drink it like that." He reached into his pocket pulled out a white handkerchief from his pocket. "Don't worry, I didn't use it." He added as he handed it to her. He felt bad. This girl must have been troubled. Drinking firewhiskey and crying were signs of something bad. He saw panic in her eyes.

"My name is Phoenix." He said gently, trying to calm her down.

purpleraincloud

"I'm Avalee. It's nice to meet you Phoenix."

She forced a smile upon her lips. It was genuine, except for the pain that dwelled beyond it's corners. She took the handkerchief from his hand. It was soft, and nice on her fingertips. But she set it down. She had blinked away the tears. Hid them away where they would come pouring out later. She almost wanted to mumble sorry. She must have looked like a freak.
It's just another day

Sky

Phoenix smiled shortly.  

"Pleasure to make your aquaintance." He took out his wand and made a teacup zoom over from the kitchen. He made some hot chammomile tea appear in the cup and pushed it towards Avalee. "Relax, I won't bite you. I've actually got to go...work on some lesson plans."

purpleraincloud

"Thank you"

Avalee said honestly, looking into his eyes, finding some sort of solace in them. Somehow. This feeling intrigued her. She didn't want him to leave. She had mostly wanted to be alone lately, except fo tonight. It almost scared her.

"Lesson plans? You are a professor?" She asked with honest question in her voice. He looked a little young. She tilted her head to the side.
It's just another day

Sky

Phoenix nodded.

"Yes, or at least I will be come Fall. I've been offered a job teaching Astronomy. Arranging lessons about stars and planets takes a lot more time than you'd think." He smirked and put his hands in his pockets. "Will you be one of my students?"

purpleraincloud

She almost smirked. Did she really look that young. Almost. But still, every emotion was dulled by the pain. And the pain showed through.

"I just graduated, actually. I'm going to be a paid Herbology intern." She bit her lip. The job was both good and bad. She had wanted a job on campus mainly so she could stay with him. But now it was just something to fill all those hours. But walking around the campus was so depressing. It wasn't quite her school. Or her home any more. It was like the difference between a house and a home. It used to be a home, now it was just a house. A simple place of residence.

She wished it was a home that someone would make it a home. The way he had made it a home. She no longer felt safe here.

She swiftly brushed the bangs away from her face, hoping Pheonix wouldn't leave. She didn't want to be alone now.
It's just another day

Sky

"Herbology. That's a job that requires much valor. I never liked it much. I think I've got a scar from a flytrap incident...." He laughed shortly and then Phoenix thought for a moment. Maybe if he got her out of this depressing environment, she'd cheer up a bit. "Well, I really do need to get to the school. You're welcome to accompany me if you'd like. I forgot that I need to set up my room before I consider any lessons."

purpleraincloud

Her eyes had fallen back on her tea, which she sipped as he spoke. Then she looked up at him. Was he really inviting her to come along, or was it a courtesy thing. Well he didn't have to invite her if he didn't want to, so in some respect he did want her to come.

She thought for a short moment.

"Really? I haven't been up there in ages." This was the first sentence she had spoken with a touch of interest. She didn't want to be alone. In all honesty she was afraid of what she might try to do to herself if she was alone. He would hate her, wherever he was if she harmed herself.

She felt the ring one more time, before standing up, setting out a few coins for the drink, and replying very quietly to him,

"Lead the way, Phoenix."
It's just another day

Sky

They had walked along the path to Hogwarts, not sharing much conversation. Phoenix didn't know what to discuss and this girl beside him seemed to be struck by something terrible. There was something about that ring that comforted her. Perhaps a family heirloom? 

Eventually they had found their destination at the Astronomy Tower. It was more like a hall, with a door on the left that led to a set of spiral stairs that led to the roof, and with a a couple other doors on the right that made entrance to a storage closet and classroom. Phoenix opened the door and looked through. The room was empty except for tables that seated two students, some chairs, a teacher's desk, and a cabinet that held some old supplies. Hopefully there would be more in the storage closet....

"Well, either this teacher lacked decoratory skill, or he took everything with him."

purpleraincloud

Avalee smiled slightly. Except it didn't touch her eyes.

It was nice to be up in the tower. It was nice to be in Hogwarts. Home to the greatest witches and wizards of all time. People who could conjure up something in the blink of an eye. Things Avalee couldn't imagine.

"It could use a bit of sprucing up..." She said. "But the view from up here is so beautiful. I spent a great deal of my first few years at Hogwarts sneaking up here." She admitted.
It's just another day

Sky

Phoenix nodded as he wiped his finger along the door frame and brushed the dust that appeared on his fingertip off.  

"I see why students preferred not to take this class. It's so dusty and...musky."
He made a disgusted face and then stepped back. "We'll let this place air out a little. How about we go up on the roof? I haven't been up there in years. I remember it having a delightful view." He nodded towards the door. "If you'd like."

purpleraincloud

She nodded lightly, leading the way up the stairs, almost eager. Almost as eager as she used to be. She could breathe easier up here. The view really was spectacular.

She wanted to break the silence, but had no idea what to say.
It's just another day