News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

°Trying to waste time.°

Started by purpleraincloud, July 13, 2010, 12:43:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sky

Phoenix's heart was racing. Was this right? Was he getting to close to this girl, only knowing her for a short amount of time? A girl who had lost her boyfriend? He didn't know what he was doing. But he kept dancing because it seemed right.

purpleraincloud

Avalee continued to dance. The song was beautiful. She hadn't danced in a long time. She did ballet when she was little, and she loved it, but hadn't done it in a while. She never wanted the song to end. She didn't feel alone for once, and Phoenix so sweet to her.

But, far too soon, the song ended. But she stayed in the same position for just a moment, then she pulled back, her hand still on his shoulder, and her other, still in his.
For just another day, for another stolen hour
When the world will feel my power and obey
It's just another day
Feeling like I'll live forever
Feeling like this feeling never goes away

Sky

Phoenix continued to hold her gaze, for a moment forgetting that the song ended. Everything around him he was not conscious of. Only the two of them, her hand in his. He felt gravity seem to push them together, his body starting to move ever so slowly toward hers. But he sensed it just in time and step back, releasing her hand. He cleared his throat and bent down nervously to fiddle with the record player, but his hands moved to fast and he broke off the needle.

purpleraincloud

Avalee leaned toward him, caught deeply in the moment. Her eyes were fixated on his. Almost like they were connected for the breifest moment in time. Then he pulled back. She took a deep breath as they pulled apart, and thoughts came flooding back to her.

What the hell was she doing.

But she watched Phoenix as he messed with the record player. She almost smiled at the fact that it was records. She loved records.
It's just another day

Sky

He gave up on the record player, setting the needle on top of the machine and stood up, facing Avalee.

"I'm sorry." He said softly. "But the record player is having some technical difficulties. So I'm afraid we won't...have any music." He frowned a little. He actually enjoyed the dancing.

purpleraincloud

"That's a shame. I was enjoying that. A lot." Avalee said, a bit of dissapointment in her voice, but half a smile lingered on her face. The moment had been fairly perfect. A strangely great moment.

"Hope I wasn't too bad of a dancer." 
It's just another day

Sky

"Oh no. You were...you were excellent." Phoenix said, grinning. "A natural. You are so graceful on your feet." He bowed before her. "It was a pleasure to sure that dance with you miss." He regained his upward position and brushed down his hair. "Is there anything I can get you?" He asked.

purpleraincloud

"Thank you" Avalee returned and curtsied slightly. She was indecicive for a moment, then replied.

"Can we sit?" She asked, motioning to the couch. Just sitting and talking.
It's just another day

Sky

"Oh yes. Of course." Phoenix said. He smiled and waited for her to sit before occupying his own seat.

purpleraincloud

((^That was my 1,000 post! >.<))

Avalee sat and looked up at Phoenix. "So where did you learn to dance?" She asked. A lot of guys didn't know how to dance these days.
It's just another day

Sky

Phoenix grimaced.

"My mother signed me up for dance classes when I was a boy. Not like tap dancing or ballet, but formal, ballroom kind of dancing. Instead of handing me an instrument or a bicycle, I got to dance." But he felt himself smile. He was proud of being taught to dance. He had something a lot of other men lacked.