News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

Sober. Anyone Else?

Started by Jade Hayes, August 6, 2010, 11:49:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jackie Saylem

((I figured out how to get back on to my old profile/account/whatever... Yay lol!))

Jade tilted her head to the side, taking in Andy's words. "I guess you're right." She muttered, shoving her hand intro the pocket of her faded jean shorts. "I take to many things personally. It's kind of always been an issue with me."

She surveyed the bar calmly. "I think I can take care of myself." She said in response to Andy's advice about being careful and taking a friend. "I come here often enough, and I've never been hurt before. I said it's scary that the boy died, not I'm scared. There's a difference."

Jade had never taken very well to being taken care of, whether it was by a friend or a family member. Since her mother died, She had ran away from everyone who had tried to take care of her, including her distant father, who still every month sent her a sizeable amount of money irregaurdless of how many times she tried to refuse it. She was independant and extremely proud of that fact.

She had her problems, and she knew that. She was afraid of commitment. She was too proud to accept help from nearly anyone, and she was rebellious and hated being controlled. Hey, she had her issues, but who didn't?
Jade Madeline Hayes - Strong, Independant, Confused, Naive.

Arianna Adaine - Elegant, Lethal, Lost, Alone, Outgoing, Anxious.

Jackie Dawn Saylem - Beautiful, Vampire, Young, Passionate, Energetic, Quirky

potter_fan122

Andy leaned back a little bit, again raising his eyebrows. The end of her sentence was a little sharp, especially for a girl in a bar. It wasn`t often you found a girl who could fight back. She was proving to be a challenge to figure out, really, and he was intrigued. Figuring people out was sort of an obsession of his; he loved to know how people worked, how they thought. Manipulation was a sort of specialty of his, and he was just fine with that.

"True, you said that. Still, a lady like you, someone might think you were an easy target or something," he said with a shrug. "I was just trying to be kind, you know? Girls are generally thought of as weaker than guys. I don`t agree with that, though. I have a sister who can kick a$$, if you`ll pardon my language."

Andy looked down at his glass again. It was about half empty, and he drained it with another sip. "Personally, I think women are more able to defend themselves than men. With guys, you know where it hurts the most. Plus, it`s just not cool to hit girls." watched Jade for a moment, then turned away and ordered another soda.
"Get out of my way! I'm a free spirit!"
FOREVER WILL NEVER BE LONG ENOUGH.
"And now I understand a phrase I once thought odd;
I guess to love another person is to see the face of God."

Jackie Saylem

Jade smiled, biting her lower lip as she often did when she was geniunly happy or surprised. Now she was a little of both. "Well, I'm glad to hear you don't believe that all men are stronger than women." She tilted her head in a playful manner. "I may look like an easy target, but try anything and you'll see how dangerous I can be." Mischief glinted in Jade's eyes and she crossed her legs, swiveling a bit on her bar stool.

"And I suppose you're right." She continued. "Women are more able to defend themselves, because of the cultural standard that men can't hit women."

After a moment's pause, Jade laughed casually. "You know this is the deepest conversation I've ever had at a bar?" She stated, her laughs quieting to giggles.

potter_fan122

Andy smiled and turned back to the girl with a new drink in hand. There, he had gotten the response he wanted. Most chicks giggled or whatever when you said something in their favor. Jade was no exception.

"Me too. Geez, this isn`t usually a place where you can find someone who can talk sensibly," he agreed as she popped open the top of his bottle. "To sensibility?" He asked, lifting his drink into the air.

Jackie Saylem

"To sensibility." Jade agreed, raising her glass of water which she hadn't really payed attention to until now. In the back of her mind she wondered when exactly it had been refilled, but decided not to bother with the thought. Whats the worst that could have happened while she wasn't paying attention?

Their glasses clinked with a near angelic sound and Jade smiled. It was amazing how something beautiful could come from something so plain and average.

"So." Jade said, after nearly downing her glass of water. "What exactly brings you to this bar? Is it the typical girlfriend drama? Or the pathetic sob story drowning themselves in alcohol? Or maybe you came here to pick up girls, or simply because you had nothing else to do?" She offered, honestly curious if she had hit any of the reasons right on.

potter_fan122

"Didn`t have anything else to do. Didn`t have anybody to talk to a felt kinda... I dunno. Just sort of plain. Thought if I came here I could drink a soda and not have any immature students bothering me. Of course, if you hadn`t been here to stop that I would have." Andy nodded again.

-Dang, she asks a lot of questions.- He thought to himself, keeping the thought away from his face.

"What about you? What brought you to this dismal place?"

Jackie Saylem

Jade nodded, listening to his answer carefully. It was strange. For some reason she felt she would have pegged him as coming to pick up girls. She inwardly shrugged. It wouldn't be the first time she had been completely off base.

She stiffened slightly in her seat, trying to hide the discomfort from her face when he asked why she had come here to the bar. Then she relaxed again. Why was she stressing out? She had no reason to. It was a simple question, and she had been asking all the questions so far. She should be fine with giving a simple answer, but for some reason, she was uncomfortable. She wanted just to tell him some fake reason she came here, because it was somewhat relaxing. It was because she could break up fights occuring here, or some other crap story.

She didn't want to tell him the real reason because it would most likely rip open a topic she didn't want to get into. Jade decided to do something she was horrible at. Lie. "Well... I don't know. Nothing else to do I suppose." She muttered, brushing hair from her face in a jerky gesture.

potter_fan122

Andy nodded slowly and pretended not to notice how uncomfortable she seemed to become. He had just asked the same question she just asked him, yet she got so stiff and jerky; obviously she was lying, and she didn`t come here just because she had nothing to do. Smart girl like her, probably would be back at the school studying for something. Still, it wasn`t like he could just ask her what was wrong right now. Maybe he could-- he was a near stranger, after all. Sometimes people opened up, thinking that they would never hear from that person again. Ha.

"I see," he started. "Well, it`s getting kinda stuffy in here. I think I`m going to go for a walk. Care to join me?"

Jackie Saylem

Jade smiled and nodded. Fresh air was just what she needed right now. She needed to clear her head and get off the topic of her father.She couldn't think about him for too long or it would drive her crazy.

She stood, focusing on not tripping out of her seat as she prepared to leave the bar. She grabbed the small clutch purse she had brought with her and tucked it into the pocket of the hoodie she had been sitting on. The rather thin fabric embraced her as she snuggled into the familiar sweatshirt.

Jade looked at Andy as they walked out of the bar. "So where exactly are we planning on going?" She asked.

potter_fan122

Andy shrugged his shoulders and stuffed his hand into his pocket as he stood up.

"Who knows. Maybe towards the school along the forest." He shrugged again as they left the bar. "It`s a nice night. All depends on what happens out there."

There was a slight breeze out that pushed his hair into his icy eyes. His soda was still loose in his fingers and he swung it forward now to finish it off.  "Anywhere you had in mind?"

Jackie Saylem

"How about..." Jade pondered for a moment. "Down by the lake? I haven't been to the lake in a while."

She pushed open the door of the bar, smiling as the night air hit her face. It brought with it the smells of other people and what smelled like a bonfire or something similar to it. Jade began walking, but whipped around quickly. "We could go swimming!!" She nearly shouted. "It's a perfect night. I mean, look you can see all the stars."

Jade had always liked swimming. Even as a child, swimming had been an escape. And who doesn't want an escape every now and then?

potter_fan122

He sucked in a deep breath of the fresh, warm air and laughed as she suggested they go swimming. He hadn`t been swimming in what felt like forever, and especially not in the lake. Andy got caught the last time he had been in there, and that was his first year.

"Why not? It`s a wonderful night!" He grinned and started walking a little faster.

-The lake, huh? Guess she`s not as quiet as I thought. Maybe I can get her to open up a bit,- Andy thought as he moved towards the school grounds. -Wonderfull night, indeed.-

((I had nooo idea what to say. O_O ))

Jackie Saylem

Jade smiled, mischief glinting bravely in her eyes. "I'll race you to the lake?" She half asked, half challenged, the wind whipping her hair around her face suddenly. She laughed softly and pushed it out of her eyes, taking out her wand. "Accio thunder." She murmured, waiting a moment before a broom shot towards her hand.

She grabbed it and looked at Andy. "What do you say?"

((Writers block... blahhh))

potter_fan122

Andy laughed for real now. She wanted to race him tot he lake? He wasn`t exactly the running type, although he was fit, and he knew he would probably lose anyway-- and not for Jade`s pride. Andy was competative, but he found different ways to win. Things like this weren`t his thing.

"Oh, why not?" He smiled, then watched as a broom came towards her. "Well that`s not fair," he complained jokingly as he whipped out his own wand. Within seconds a broom was by his side and he mounted it.

"First one to the lake gets to push the other it?"

Lola_La_Fringe7

((So I miss my old RPing funness... Ha, you game for starting this up again? Feel free to say no, this is super old haha))
Learn to love life, and you will find there is so much more to love.