News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

Sober. Anyone Else?

Started by Jade Hayes, August 6, 2010, 11:49:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

potter_fan122

((Haha, sure! Your turn.))
"Get out of my way! I'm a free spirit!"
FOREVER WILL NEVER BE LONG ENOUGH.
"And now I understand a phrase I once thought odd;
I guess to love another person is to see the face of God."

Lola_La_Fringe7

"Deal." Jade confirmed, swinging one leg over her broom and flashing Andy a devilish smile before shooting forward towards the lake. Or, at least in the general direction of the lake. She didn't look behind her to see if he was following. She just pushed herself faster, letting the wind sting her face and bring tears to her eyes.

It was the perfect night for something like this; something fun and a little reckless; something that made it easy to forget. 
Learn to love life, and you will find there is so much more to love.

potter_fan122

Andy watched her for a while as she flew away, getting smaller.  With a laugh he darted after her.  He caught up to her and swerved to her left, smiling broadly.

"That all you got, kid?" He asked before pulling ahead of her.

((Aaahhh sorry. Haven't used this guy in forever and am really lacking things to say.))

Lola_La_Fringe7

((No problemo! I haven't used Jade in forever either =] ))

"Kid?" Jade scoffed, arching one eyebrow until it almost touched her hairline. "I am no child!" She retorted. She would have crossed her arms across her chest too, if she hadn't been gripping her broom to the point that her knuckles were white.

Leaning down, Jade tried to make her body more streamlined as she pushed herself and her broom harder. She was painfully aware that the sweatshirt she was now wearing was extremely thin. So thin that the wind gusting against her was painfully cold. She shivered slightly, just a slight tremor running through her body.

The shiver that attacked her body a second later was stronger than Jade had expected. It shook her hands hard enough that her broom was thrown slightly off balance. She yelped in surprise, trying to correct herself before she hit a tree.

Too late she saw the branch in her path. She felt her head smack the branch with a crack that would have normally scared her, if she hadn't been overwhelmed by a sudden pain centered on her left temple. The forest spun briefly before Jade felt her back smash into the ground with a forcefullness that she didn't think possible.

She moaned briefly, closing her eyes and muttering a few choice words. Ouch. She thought. Something hurt. Badly. But she couldn't quite pinpoint where it was coming from. "Andy?" She called, remembering her companion.

potter_fan122

Andy laughed once, grinning into the cold wind that seemed to cut through him.  He leaned down as she pushed ahead of him, again staying close.  He didn't exactly see her move away, but he felt the absence of her next to him.  Quickly he turned, banking deeply in the air.

"Jade?" He called just as he heard a crashing sound coming from his left.  Slowly now he moved towards the sound.  "Are you okay?" he asked impulsively when he saw her lying on her back.  A rather stupud question, considering her grimace of pain.  And was that blood on her head?

Lola_La_Fringe7

Jade lifted her head, feeling a teardrop trickle down her cheek. She paused, confused. Teardrops didn't originate at your forehead. She slowly pulled herself up onto her elbows and touched her head. Her hand came away covered in something sticky and dark. Blood. You're bleeding. Her brain told her.

Eventually she registered Andy's words."Does it look like I'm ok?" She snapped, the words coming out of her mouth harsher than she had meant them to. But honesty, couldn't he see the blood on her face that was now slightly obscuring the vision in her left eye.

Jade stilled herself, taking inventory of her body. Sruprisingly it wasn't her head that hurt. Head injuries always bled profusely. But there was an incessent pain throbbing in her left arm. She rotated her hand so she could see the pained area and gasped. An inch or two below her wrist, a three inch stick was shoved halfway into her arm. "What the..?" She murmured, trying to fathom how she had embedded a stick in her arm.

Then it hit her. She had a stick embedded in her arm. She felt her face drain of color as that fact registered. She put her other hand over her mouth. She was going to be sick.

Forcing down her nausea, she looked up at Andy. "You need to get it out." She commanded. "Use a spell or rip it out with your hand, something, anything, just get it out." She struggled to keep the edge of panic out of her voice, but knew she failed. She took a deep breath, trying to calm herself.

potter_fan122

Andy ran his hands through his hair and knelt beside the girl, trying to figure out what to do.  He was okay at healing, but not the best at spells.  There wasn't anything he could do with the stick still in her arm, but... still.  The childish aversion to violent things stuck with him.

"Okay, I'm going to pull it out.  It's the best thing to do, and I can heal you after that, okay?" He was rambling, but he didn't care.  Carefully he put one hand on Jade's, carefully wrapping his fingers around her wrist.  Andy looked at her face, trying to ignore the blood running across her forehead.

"Close your eyes; you don't need to see this,"  he breathed.

He lifted his free hand and let it hover over the stick.  -Do it fast, like a Band-Aid.-  Before he could hesitate he pulled the little twig from Jade's arm.

Lola_La_Fringe7

Jade squeezed her eyes shut as Andy had instructed, biting her lip to stifle the sharp yelp that tried to work its way out of her throat. No, she wouldn't cry. If there was one thing her father had taught her, it was that you shouldn't cry. Under no circumstance was it allowable.

"Thanks." Jade rasped, wincing at the tone of her voice. She cleared her throat and moved to sit up, hissing at the throbbing pain in her arm. Then she realized she still felt nauseous, but she refused to throw up. Not because her father had taught her not to, but because, honestly, it was disgusting.

She ignored it for a second and wrenched her sweatshirt up over her head, cringing when the sleeve scraped her arm. Shivering, clad only in a thin tank top, she used her sweatshirt to mop up the blood from her face so she could see. "S-so." She started, putting on what she considered her brave face. "What's that spell you were going to use?" Her facade faltered a little bit as she looked at Andy. "It won't hurt will it?"

potter_fan122

He gave a nervous chuckle, watching her as she sat up.  She had to be in a lot of pain, but she wasn't thowing up or crying or anything.  Andy suddenly admired her for that.

"Not a spell.  I can heal you with my hands."  As if she didn't understand he lifted his hands and wriggled his fingers.  "It shouldn't hurt at all.  Maybe feel a little warm, but that's it."

Andy scooted back and moved so he was leaning on his heels.  Gently he took her hand and raised it closer to his face, inspecting the cut.  "Really, it's not as bad as it looks."  He took his free hand and lightly touched his fingers to Jade's upper arm.  Slowly, glancing up at her face, he trailed then down towards her wrist.  When his skin came in contact with the wound a soft glow formed around his hand.  Within moments the cut started healing.

Lola_La_Fringe7

Jade couldn't help herself. She gasped loudly. She had never seen anything like this before. Not like she had tons of experiences to compare this to, but she didn't think many people could do this. And the sensation in her arm! She couldn't place it. It wasn't pain. But it didn't belong either. It was warm, very warm, but not really uncomfortable. Various words came to her mind: life, giving, care, but none of them quite described the feeling. She furrowed her brows, watching her arm heal.

"Do you do this often?" She asked, breathlessly. Most of her mind was still enthralled with her arm. Then she bit her lip, wishing she could retract her question. Why would he have to do this often? Really, she was the only one clumsy enough to go impaling a stick in her arm.

"I mean... can a lot of people do this? Like, was I just left out of the loop on something like this? Because honestly, that wouldn't surprise me. Or are you unique with this.. er... talent or um.. skill?" She was rambling. Partially because she was trying to correct her earlier statement, and partly because she truly didn't know what was going on. More likely the latter than the former.

potter_fan122

Andy smirked and shook his head slowly, watching her as she talked.  She really must have been out of the loop if she didn't know a thing about healing powers.  Even that one young teacher--Miss Gray or Green or something--taught about them.

"Nah, I don't do this often.  Other people can do it, too.  It's about as rare as control over the elements.  A lot of people have it and don't realize.  Sometimes they just think they're really good at healing spells and stuff," he explained.  Suddenly he realized he was still holding her hand and pulled away somewhat reluctantly.

"Hey," he added after a long pause, "Maybe you can heal too, and just don't know it."

Lola_La_Fringe7

Jade felt the warmth of his hand leave hers, a shockingly disappointing sensation. Then she realized how stupid she must look for having not the slightest clue about healing powers. As common as elemental control. She reached up and smacked herself in the head, bringing on another round of blood from her head. A short list of swear words flew from her mouth when she felt the blood drip down her face again before she could stop them.

Terrific. Now she felt like an idiot and looked like one too. "So, you want to teach me about these healing powers that apparently everyone else knows about, except for me?" Jade finally asked, using her sweatshirt to wipe her face again.

Thw wind whipped up again, easily passing through her thin tank top. She shivered from the cold, but tried to pass it off as some sort of shiver of excitement about learning healing. She had a feeling she didn't pull it off very well.