News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

You're the reason I believe

Started by Sky, August 13, 2010, 01:09:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sky

Pat, pat, pat, pat, pat.

The rain fell like pebbles onto the roof of Sky's home. It was storming severely outside. The thunder was booming, lightning flashed, and the wind was terrible. It was just another summer thunderstorm, but Sky couldn't help but to worry about Jason. She was standing in the kitchen, glancing out the window every few minutes as she worked over the counter chopping lettuce for a salad. She decided she was going to make a home cooked meal. Without any magic. And to Sky's surprise, she didn't even burn the roast that was resting in the oven.

"Please tell me he's safe." Sky whispered. She heard the familiar jingle from Jake's collar as his head perked up. He had been snoozy on the kitchen floor, hoping to get some of the tender meat that was in the oven. Sky retrieved a bowl and filled it with lettuce and sliced vegetables. She set the table and brought out the roast, cutting it and putting it on a platter. She gave Jake a decent sized portion. He was young. He could run it off. She laid the roast out on the table with the salad, along with some bread she had sliced earlier. Finally, she added two candles and lit them before taking her place back at the counter, watching out the window.

potter_fan122

"Sky?"

Jason called loudly as he opened the front door, then quickly shut it again. He had been outside for all of a minute and was soaked. His jeans and button-up shirt were dripping wet, as well as his hat and shoes. An umbrella lay by his feet, bent in the wrong direction with two holes ripped in it.

"Hey Jake, whatcha got there?" The chocolate lab was bounding towards him and he leaned down to pet him. He had a chunk of meat in his mouth, and that`s when Jason smelled the food. He straightened up and waved his hand over his front. There was a woosh sound and his clothes were prefectly dry. He moved towards the kitchen and the source of the good smell.

"Smells amazing in here, love."

"Get out of my way! I'm a free spirit!"
FOREVER WILL NEVER BE LONG ENOUGH.
"And now I understand a phrase I once thought odd;
I guess to love another person is to see the face of God."

Sky

Sky turned abruptly at the sound of Jason's voice. Here he was, safe and sound. She watched as he greeted Jake and dried his clothes.

"Jake, you're drooling everywhere." But Sky said it with a laugh. She walked up to Jason and put her arms around his neck, kissing him ever so lightly on the lips.

"Thank you." She said as she pulled away. "I thought tonight I'd tempt you with my amateur cooking skills." She went to a cabinet and retrieved two glasses, setting one down beside her and Jason's empty plates. Then she went and got a fancy bottle from the refrigerator. A bottle of champagne. She poured some in each glass and then set the bottle on the counter.

potter_fan122

Jason returned the kiss and followed her to the table.

"Doesn`t smell amateur to me. What is this all for? Just trying something different?" He asked, watching her pour the bubbly liquid into the two glasses. "It`s really raining out there. Boss let me out a few minutes early, said it was going to get worse. I hope it doesn`t, though. Everything will be a huge mess in the morning." He added in a softer tone. He had never really liked rainstorms, and this one was really bad. It made him uneasy. Hearing and seeing things was harder when the weather was like this.

"But hey, maybe if it gets too bad I won`t have to work tomorrow. We could go into town or something."

((Eh.))

Sky

"I'm not really sure. I just felt like making a homecooked meal. I figured tonight we could just relax and enjoy ourselves." She smiled and watched her fiance as he spoke about the rain and work.

"That'd be great." She said. "You deserve a day off."

potter_fan122

((Where did you plan on going with this?))

Jason nodded slowly and looked over the food. She had made a salad and everything. She must have worked for a while to get everything laid out.

"Wow, hun. It looks great. Relaxing-- that sounds good." He smiled at Sky and moved towards her, pulling her into a hug.

Sky

((So...I made 'Easy Mac' mac 'n' cheese and put a lot of shredded cheese in it. Now its uber cheesy. And stringy. =P))

Sky smiled as she was pulled into the embrace. "And I thought we could discuss the...you know. Wedding."

Wedding.

Wow. That was so odd to say. The word felt foreign as it rolled off Sky's tongue.

"Or the engagement rather." 

potter_fan122

Jason rested his chin on the top of her head and closed his eyes, breathing in deeply. He was glad he was home-- he hated working. His job was okay and everything, but he hated being away from Sky. Not knowing if she was safe during the day, not being able to protect her... it killed him. Stacey had come over twice more to replace the safety spells around the house, and she had put up some pretty heavy stuff. Sky should be safe, but just the thought that something could happen when he wasn`t there was enough to set him on edge. He didn`t show it, though. She had left once to try to protect him and herself, he wasn`t going to let that happen again.

"Sounds wonderfull, love. You can plan it all, if you want." He squeezed her tightly then stepped back. It amazed him that they were actaully getting married. When he had asked her the first time she had left, and that had torn him apart. Now she was back to stay, and she would be his wife some day.

Sky

"We haven't set a date." She said, thinking. Sky had no idea how to plan a wedding. She didn't have any family to come and she didn't know if Jason had any. As far as she knew, she only had a few friends. And she'd invite some of the staff back at the school. She was going to be returning to work for the new school year.

"You pick the colors."

potter_fan122

Jason made a face and leaned back onto the counter, watching Sky.

"I`m no good at colors. Shoot, if you let me pick the colors we might end up with black, white, and whiter." He smiled mischeviously and winked. "Oh no, wait, I think I`ll go with hot pink, orange, and olive green. That`ll look perfect." He shook his head, still grinning. Seriously, she wanted him to pick the colors? That was like asking a fish to take a hike.

Sky

Sky couldn't help but giggle.

"If that is what you want, then that is fine with me." She smiled, imagining people at the wedding dressed in those colors. "Well it'd certainly be a wedding to remember!"

potter_fan122

Jason laughed as she giggled; it was such a happy sound, he could listen to her laugh for years and never get tired of it.

"I sure won`t forget it, but the guests might want to." He winked again and motioned to the table. "Shall we dine now on you rwonderfull supper, madam?" He asked.

Sky

"Oh, yeah. We might want to do that before it gets cold. But I'm not so sure it'll be wonderful." She took a seat at the table and lifted her glass.

"To us." She toasted.

potter_fan122

Jason sat down opposite her, and Jake thumoed down between them. He chuckled softly and lifted his glass.

"To us, love," he agreed, taking a sip of the sweet, bubbly liquid.

Sky

It had been an hour since dinner had ended, and the couple had moved from the kitchen to the living room, the lights dimmed and nothing on but the sound of the rain. Sky had curled up on Jason's lap, her head tucked beneath his and pressed against his chest, listening to his heart. She smiled and took his hand, putting her fingers between the spaces of his hand. It felt warm. Probably because her hands were kind of cold. She only had on a white dress and the rain made the house feel cold. But maybe it was just Sky.

"I'm going to light some candles." She said finally. "I'm cold." She started across the living room, reaching for a candle by the window, when all of a sudden there was a loud snap and a flash of white light. Sky crumpled to the floor and one of four Death Eaters was suddenly above her, stomping on her and casting spells on her. She screamed and writhed in pain, unable to reach her wand.