News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

You're the reason I believe

Started by Sky, August 13, 2010, 01:09:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

potter_fan122

Jason squeezed Sky`s hand before she stood up and follwed her to the fireplace.

"There`s some matches up here, love," he said, grabbing a pack that was sitting up there. Even as he turned, her could see the figure in the window. By the time he had his mouth open,  the Death Eater was inside and standing above Sky. "NO!" He yelled.

With a huge lunge he pushed the man over and slammed him against the floor. With a quick twist of his neck the man was dead and gone. Jason stood and turned back to his fiance, wand in hand and pointed towards the windows. "Love, are you okay?" He asked now, crouching beside he and slowly waving his hand over her.

When you were a Death Eater by the age of eight then tried to separate yourself the the darkness, you learned a few healing spells. He used one now, hoping that whatever spell the man had used would go away.

"Get out of my way! I'm a free spirit!"
FOREVER WILL NEVER BE LONG ENOUGH.
"And now I understand a phrase I once thought odd;
I guess to love another person is to see the face of God."

Sky

"There's...three more." She said, not opening her eyes. She was in a lot of pain, grasping her stomach. Jason had healed the outside injuries. Any bruises and cuts were gone. But inside, there was a lot more going on.

The three Death Eaters had apparated into the house, each with a silver mask over their face and their wands drawn. Sky finally regained sense of the situation and sat up abruptly, despite the pain.

Please...no!

She retrieved her wand from where it was secured in the black fabric around her waist and pointed it at them, throwing spell after spell at them, even while on the floor.

potter_fan122

"There`s... three more."

As she said it Jason turned and stood over her, protecting her from what was to come. The three popping into the room and his wand moved automatically, targeting them all. The one in the middle fell to the floor and disappeared, but the other two were more prepared. The blocked his spells with their own and he had to dodge a few flashes of green.

"You stay away from her!" He yelled as one of the Death Eaters tried to advance. He twisted his wand and there was a flash of green, then the one was gone. The last one back up a little bit, now using more sheilds than spells. As he reached the doorway there was a snap, and he too was gone.

"Sky, love?" He asked, twisting and falling to the floor beside her. There was a cut across his left hand and his right arm felt warm, but that didn`t matter now.

Sky

Sky was sobbing in her spot, her hair falling in front of her face. Tears streamed down her cheeks as she sat there. She dropped her wand and gripped her stomach.

"Please...." She whispered. "Don't die."

potter_fan122

"Love, what`s wrong? Are you alright? Are you hurt?" He asked, leaning over her and looking for wounds or anything. There was nothing that he could see, but that didn`t mean something hadn`t hit her.

"Sky, talk to me, please." Jason`s ice blue eyes tried to meet hers. He gently tried to wipe the tears from her eyes, but she was crying so hard. Finally he just put one hand on her cheek and waited until she spoke.

Sky

"I...need to see a doctor." She said after several minutes. She inhaled and exhaled slowly and then brought herself to her feet, but almost fell. The only thing was that Sky had no idea where the closest doctor was and she couldn't go to a muggle hospital. She wouldn't be able to explain the injuries.

potter_fan122

Jason watched Sky for a short moment, his mouth hanging open slightly in confusion.

"Okay love, okay. Let`s stand up and I can Apparate us there. Come on." He got her stood and and watched her for a moment, wondering if she was strong enough to Apparate.

-Oh, love, what`s wrong?- He thought as they left the house.

Sky

"I'm going to go get your fiance, Miss Mason. And we can discuss things from there." The doctor, who Sky hadn't even paid attention to his name, was standing by the door. He was tall, mid fourties, salt and pepper hair. No ring but he was married. He had Sky sitting on a table covered in paper. She merely nodded, her right hand over her stomach.

The doctor left the room and entered the waiting area.

"Excuse me," he said, walking over to Jason, "Jason? Can you please come into the room?"

potter_fan122

Jason ran his hand through his hair and looked up at the doctor. There were shadows under his eyes and they were red. Some nurse had made him go into a room and get his wounds cleaned. White bandages were wrapped around his palm and forearm. He had been waiting in the silent waiting room for almost an hour now, not being allowed into whatever toom Sky was in. He had paced for a while, then started cursing loudly. Finally another nurse had come out and gave him a small glass of water to drink. It must of had a very slight dose of sedatives, because he had calmed down after that.

"Is she okay?" he asked the man who had adressed him. He was standing instantly and already walking past him. Wherever they had put Sky, he would find her.

Hospitals weren`t really his thing. They seemed so closed off and secretive, like they were hiding the patients from you. All of the disease and sickness, even the fact that there were so many walls made Jason uneasy. The sooner they got out of here, the better.

Sky

The doctor closed the door behind him once Jason entered and nodded toward a vacant chair.

"I'm sorry to be the one to bear this horrible news to the two of you, but I'm afraid due to severe trauma, the embryo has died." 

Sky's fingers dug into the cushion of the table, holding back her tears. She had chosen to wait for Jason to be in here to find out the answer, but now she regretted it. She couldn't look at him.

potter_fan122

As soon as Jason was in the room he moved toward`s Sky`s side. He put his hand over hers and watched her face. It took a moment for the doctor`s words to sink in, and even then in was more Sky`s reaction than the actual words.

"Wait, the... embryo.... died?" His mouth opened slightly in confusiong again and he looked at the doctor then her. "You were... pregnant?"

Sky

"I was trying to tell you over dinner, but I couldn't. I was scared. We're not married yet." Her voiced cracked at weird times. Her throat ached as much as her stomach did.

"Yes I...was...pregnant."

potter_fan122

There was a weird feeling inside of Jason, deep in his stomach. She had been pregnant. There had been a living thing inside of her that had been half his.

"Oh, love. I`m so sorry. This was my fault. I should have asked Stacey to come over again and redo the spells. They were getting weak." He leaned over and buried his head in her shoulder. "I`m so sorry, love."

Sky

Sky didn't move, didn't say a thing. She was still fighting back tears. She finally took his hand and squeezed it. She didn't know what to feel. It was only like...8 weeks. But she already loved the thing. And now it was gone. She didn't even know if it was a boy or girl.

"I'm very sorry for your loss." The doctor said with a practiced expression. He put his hand on Jason's shoulder, and then left the room so that they could be alone.

potter_fan122

-Sorry for our loss my a$$,- He thought to himself, but didn`r dare say it outloud. The door clicking shut seemed loud in the quiet room and Jason flinched.

"Sky, I-- are you okay? I mean, hell, you aren`t okay." He pulled away, shaking his head, and started pacing around the room. Whatever was in the water the nurse gave him, it had worn off now.