News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

New people, Familiar Friends

Started by Jackie Saylem, August 14, 2010, 12:33:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jackie Saylem

It was strange being back again. The streets were all so familiar, but the people walking them were completely different. Everyone had aged. Everyone was different now, except her. She was frozen, forever at fifteen, almost sixteen. The eyes of someone beyond their time trapped in a body barely over five feet. She had loved and lost more than she could count in her life time. Her last love she had thought would be forever because he was like her, but no. He left shortly after he had showed up, leaving her with nowhere to go after she graduated.

She spent a lot of her time at her cousin's Mira's house. She was happily married now with four children. They were young beautiful children that Jackie could never have. It was one major price paid for the life she lived.

Jackie pushed open the door of the bar, shaking raindrops out of her hair. She took a seat in a small booth off to the side and removed her coat. She diligently scanned the crowd for faces of people she knew. She missed everyone here and wanted to see them so bad she could hardly stand it.

She ran through people and faces and names. Stacey, Alice, Albus, Seth... Jackie smiled. She was happy to return. She took a deep breath, inhaling the scents of the bar, human blood and alcohol smacking into her. She closed her eyes and tried to push past the initial scents to distinguish them. A familiar and welcome scent hinted at her nostrils and she opened her eyes wide, scanning the bar again.
Jade Madeline Hayes - Strong, Independant, Confused, Naive.

Arianna Adaine - Elegant, Lethal, Lost, Alone, Outgoing, Anxious.

Jackie Dawn Saylem - Beautiful, Vampire, Young, Passionate, Energetic, Quirky

Sky

There was the sound of a tiny bell strapped to the entrance ringing as Seth stepped inside. His black hair was pressed down from the rain, water dripping from little spikes. He had on a maroon colored tee shirt that was pressed to his chest from being so wet. He took out his wand to dry off his clothing and smiled. No more jeans sticking to his legs. But he left his hair wet.

Once he put his wand away into his pocket, he was greeted with the ever so familiar stench of sweat and alcohol. It always smelled worse during Summer. Seth searched for an empty table, one away from any commotion. He just wanted to drink, and be a nobody beneath the shadows of the bar. Alcohol seemed to be the one thing that could temporarily keep the pain of Axel's death out of his mind. He saw a table by the window and quickly occupied it.

He sat there, knowing he'd have to get up to get his drink soon. But for now, he'd wait a moment. He just wanted to sit and watch the rain that  slid against the cool, hard glass window. The droplets falling as they made contact. 

Jackie Saylem

Jackie knew that scent. It was Seth. Her realization was only reinforced as she saw a black head, soaked with rain weaving in and out of the drunks to an unoccupied, out of the way booth. By the way he walked, somewhat turned in on himself, Jackie could tell something was wrong. She didn't even need the scent of sadness and despair mixed in with his scent to tell something was wrong.

Oh. The thought hit her, smashing into her thoughts. It was his cousin who had died in a bar fight a little while ago. She had read a couple sentences of the papers, but then put the story away. It was far too sad. She hated to see it to where someone actually died in a stupid fight. She decided to go catch up.

The booth area where he chose to sit was rather secluded, she noted as she proceeded to sit across from him, gliding into the booth silently. She purposely brushed her knee against his to alert him to her presence. "Hi Seth." She spoke somewhat softly, smiling. She could hardly hold her excitement in from seeing an old friend. Her eyes shone as she waited for him to look up and recognize her.

Sky

The was a soft movement under the table. A brush against his knee. Seth looked across from him and saw someone he hadn't seen in a very long time. It took him a moment to recognize her.

"...Jackie?" He whispered, his forest green eyes squinting for a second. Then he smiled. "Oh wow. Jackie! How are you?"

Jackie Saylem

Jackie laughed lightly at the expression on Seth's face. It looked like a cross between confusion and astonishment. She smiled, trying to give Seth a hug from across the table, but failing somewhat miserably. She laughed again at her clumsiness and swung around the table so she was sitting next to him in the booth. Then she attempted the hug again, wrapping her arms around Seth gently.

Pulling back she bit her lip. "I've been great!" She said, leaving out the majority of the problems she'd had after she'd left. No need for depressing talk from her. She'd found that burying her issues worked best. Never let anyone in and know you're weaknesses and no one could hurt you right?

She turned her attention back to Seth. "Haven't changed much."  She added, referring to her being a vampire. It had it's benefits and downfalls. The benefits being the agility, speed, and unnatural beauty and grace. The downfalls being outliving everyone around you. Especially the ones you most cared about.

"And how have you been?" She asked, putting her elbow on the table so she could lean on her hand.

Sky

Seth chuckled as Jackie attempted to hug him from across the table and hugged her back when she appeared beside him. Vampire speed and all of those extra things didn't even faze him anymore. He had spent so much time with Alice that he had gotten used to it. Even if she was human now, he knew what to expect.

"Your hair's gotten a bit longer." Seth said with a wink when she said she hadn't changed much. He sighed when she asked how he was though.

"I've been better. But I'm getting by." He said with a half smile.

Jackie Saylem

Twisting her hair around her finger, Jackie smiled. She had actually cut her hair a while ago. The ends were getting frayed, 100 years of the same hair length tended to do that to a girl. "It's called getting extensions." She said, hoping that didn't weird him out. Some guys were a tad freaked out by the whole idea of fake hair. "Apparently it's a big thing with muggles, so I decided to try it out. Not that bad huh?" She smiled, twisting it around again.

"So what's wrong?" Jackie asked, meeting Seth's eyes directly. She faltered for a moment. "I mean, you don't have to talk about it if you don't want to. I'd understand."

Sky

"They look very nice." Seth said in regards to the extensions.

"So what's wrong?"

Jackie's eyes had met his.

"I mean, you don't have to talk about it if you don't want to. I'd understand."

"My cousin died." He said shortly. "And it was because of me."

Jackie Saylem

Jackie shook her head. "What do you mean?" She asked curiously, worry clearly displayed across her face.

"You can't blame yourself for what other people do. Trust me, I've known people who've beaten themselves up their entire lives because they siad something to a person right before they died. They seem to think that they could have done something differently and that person would be alive, but some things happen for a reason." She spoke softly, as serious as she had been their entire conversation so far.

She shook her head, thinking of her family members. Her family had had a history of being too empathetic with others. They took everything too seriously and took everything on their shoulders to fix. "You know the way I see it, the only way you're really responsible for someone's death is if you kill them with your own two hands."

Jackie sighed. She was responsible for far too many deaths, but she excused herself. All but one or two were self defense. "So who was your cousin? And what happened to him? ... And again, you don't have to tell me anything." She smiled lightly, softening her face so Seth could speak if he wanted to.

Sky

"But I did kill him with my...two hands." He said almost inaudibly. Seth's eyes fell to the wooden surface of the table where numerous guests had etched messages into the wood.

"His name was Axel. Axel Hampton. He had a lot of anger, and it took me years to understand why. There...was a fight and things had gotten out of hand. I had no choice but to transform into my wolf form and defend everyone that was there. They were in danger. My wife was in danger." His face had faded into nothing and he had to take a short moment to avoid losing it.

"I didn't mean to do it. But I watched him die. His blood is on my hands and can never be washed away."

Jackie Saylem

"Oh." Jackie quieted immediatly, feeling something like embarassment or guilt rise inside of her. She should have never brought this subject up. Never should have asked and caused Seth pain to have to think about it again. "I-I'm sorry. i didn't know." She studdered, feeling clumsy and akward. It was a strange feeling, and one she didn't feel very often any more. She didn't know what to do with it.

Now, while most of her was feeling sad and sympathetic, there was a small shred of disbelief tugging at her mind. Seth couldn't have killed anyone. The last time she had seen Seth was when she was in tatters because her father died. He had been her rock and her comforter. He had listened and made her feel better. He had sat there besides a lake with her and held her until she could pull herself together. That sweet and caring Seth couldn't have killed anyone. But, she could believe that he did try to protect everyone. But kill?

Jackie almost laughed aloud. Who was she to judge? She had killed more people than she could remember. Who was she to judge anyone?

She smiled and put her hand on Seth's. "My turn." She muttered to herself softly. He had been there for her when she had needed it. Now she would be there for him. "You're right." She said. "It can't be washed away. And it can't be forgotten. It won't."

Squeezing Seth's hand lightly, she continued. "Just everyday, it will hurt a little less. Then it'll get to the point where you can think of things besides it. Then you can pretend to move on. Then maybe someday you actually might be able to. It won't be forgotten. It'll just become less painful." She murmured, softly and sadly.

Sky

"You're right." She said. "It can't be washed away. And it can't be forgotten. It won't."

These words stung him, pierced him like sharp knives. He closed his eyes and bowed his head in shame. But Seth felt Jackie's hand squeeze his just a little as she said how it would hurt a little less everyday. He lifted his head a little, so he could see her beneath his eyelashes.

"Thank you." He said softly. Seth decided to pass on the drink. For today at least. "I need to get out of here." He mumbled. He needed out of this environment.

Jackie Saylem

Jackie nodded, standing up to let Seth scoot out of the seat. "Well, then let's go for a walk far away from here." She said, smiling in invitation. For some reason Jackie had always liked walks. They were always adventerous and different every time.

"I hope it's not still raining." She murmured just loudly enough for Seth to hear. But one glance out the window put any hopes of that to rest. Outside it was pouring. Even with her exceptional vision, it was hard to see in this rain.

Pulling her hair into a loose ponytail, she waited for Seth to get up.

Sky

"We can go to the tea shoppe. It's more relaxed and it smells better." Suggested Seth. He watched as she put her hair into a ponytail and smiled before scooting out of his seat.

Jackie Saylem

"Sounds delightful." Jackie said, starting towards the door of the bar. She pushed it open and stepped outside. Her thin tank top and shorts were immediatly soaked through, sticking to her skin. Her hair stuck to her face and was plastered down her back all the way to her waist. When she thought about what she must look like, she pictured a tiny fluffy dog after a bath.

Jackie spread her arms out and looked up at the sky laughing. Why had she been wary of the rain in the first place? She touched her cheek and black rubbed off on her hand. Mascara had left a midnight black furrow down her palm. It reminded her of how she had cried when he had left her. Him. The person she wasn't going to think about tonight. The person she wouldn't think about again ever. Jackie stopped laughing hugged herself lightly.

"So where is this tea shoppe?" She asked, looking at the ground now, just loud enough for Seth to hear her.