News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

♦If We Ever Meet Again♦

Started by Sky, August 16, 2010, 05:03:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sky

Ever since Phoenix met Avalee, he felt something change in him. He was constantly thinking about the two of them dancing in his dormitory, their bodies close and hand in hand. He saw something in her eyes that made his brighten. He didn't know what it was. Maybe it was hope. He saw sadness in her eyes, but he also saw hope.

She's too young. His mind had told him.

She's lost someone close to her.

How dare you try to step in when she's vulnerable.

But there was another thought running around in his head.

She's special.

Yes, she was special. But how could he be so sure? He had only known this girl for a few hours. He had seen her around the school, walking so gracefully through the halls. Sometimes, if he was walking past the herbology greenhouses, he would stop for a moment just to catch a glimpse of her. The way the sunlight hit her, it was mesmerizing.

Phoenix was walking around the lake, wearing only a pair of plain navy blue shorts and his glasses. His hair was flat and pushed to the side, giving him and unusually edgy look from being wet. He had just gotten out of the water after enjoying a nice swim. The lake was warm from the last three months of sunlight heating it. As he walked, the sand around the shore gathering between his toes, he thought of the school year, of lesson plans, of Avalee. Somehow she kept jumping into his thoughts. She was always there.

((Sorry, the last bit was rushed because I got to leave for a few.))

purpleraincloud

Avalee walked around the lake trying to clear her mind. Professor Longbottom had just had a meeting with her. To sum it up...Avalee would stay on as an inter/assistant to the Herbology Professor. At least through the end of the next school year. This made her happy. Well happier. She would also have to act as a councilor. Longbottom and the Headmistress thought it would be a good idea. After all Avalee was closer to the students ages, and might therefore be easier to talk to. Avalee had mixed feelings about this part of her getting to stay here. But she had to accept it. If she didn't she couldn't stay here. She had to stay here. Hogwarts was her home.

As she walked her thoughts drifted from that to another topic. Phoenix. She had been so happy with him the other night. The man had lured her out of the darkening hole she had been letting herself fall into. She was sure there was a connection there. They had chemistry.

But she shook her head to clear her mind. Yet still her mind wouldn't clear.

It was a warm late summer day by the lake. Her hair was still down though in blond curls. On her body was a black v-neck t-shirt and a dark blue skirt. She had been somewhat dressed up for her meeting.

She thought of Phoenix, of the future as she walked by the lake.
For just another day, for another stolen hour
When the world will feel my power and obey
It's just another day
Feeling like I'll live forever
Feeling like this feeling never goes away

Sky

Phoenix noticed another figure strolling about the lake. A female figure. He squinted, holding his hand over his eyes like a scout. It was Avalee. What was she doing here? Of course, she was allowed. But shouldn't she be back at the school or in Hogsmead? It was still the weekend. Still Summer. He shrugged and made his way to her.

"Hello Miss Avalee." He greeted her with a bow.

purpleraincloud

Avalee smiled as she saw the mad that was in her thoughts approached her. His bow was downright adorable.

"Hello Phoenix. How are you today?"
She asked in a polite tone. She was happy to see him. A person who, she hoped, liked to be around her as much as she liked to be around him.
It's just another day

Sky

"I'm am...wet." He said, grinning. "How are you doing? How's the job going?" Phoenix ran his fingers through his hair.

((Woo))

purpleraincloud

"Great. Looks like I'll be staying here at least for another year. Good news. But I'll also be taking on some councilor work, and monitoring detention. Fun stuff like that."

For Avalee, it was so easy to be around Phoenix. She didn't feel presure to be fake. She wasn't stressed, or anything. She could just be Avalee which was so freeing.
It's just another day

Sky

Phoenix seemed to smile even more.

"Really!?! I mean uh...really? That's great. Does that mean I get to send all of my trouble makers who don't give a owl feather about Astronomy, to you?"

purpleraincloud

"Of course. I will definately put them in their place!" She chuckled at the picture in her mind of herself repremanding students. As a petite young woman she found it ridiculous that a teenager twice her size would ever listen to her. Avalee's voice would have to make up for it.

It's just another day

Sky

"Excellent." Phoenix said. "They need somebody to tell them whose boss. I remember how my classmates were. Oh, they were menacing." He said mischieviously.

purpleraincloud

"Well now I'm a little frighted. I think I can take them though right? I could totally beat them...I think..." She laughed lightly, and tilted her head to the side. How could he do that to her. Make her smile when she just wants to sit alone and cry. He was special. No one could do that.

She shifted her weight in her uncomfortable heels she wore for the meeting. Not the most sensible heels for the lake, but it she was out here, so she had to live with it.
It's just another day

potter_fan122

((Preggo hormones! Yaaay.))

-The stupid school won`t let me keep my lesson plan, ha! What do they want, the kids to be stupid. Gawd, the stupid Ministry needs to stay out of my stupid lesson plan.-

Oh, Stacey was in a wonderfull mood today. Her head was splitting with a headache, her stomach and feet were killing her, and everything was either too bright or too dark. Currently she had on a pair of big, dark sunglasses because she was walking outside. She had to redo one of her lessons that involved taking the older kids out to the lake and letting them swim or wade with the merpeople.

-But NOOO, I`m not allowed to let the stupid kiddies swim in the water. What idiots! If they knew how often I went swimming they would flip out!-

It honestly wasn`t that big of a deal. When she had planned it she half-thought the headmaster would ask her to think of something different, but today was just one of those days. She was almost seven months in and her hormone levels were way off where they should be for a normal teenager. She would have wicked mood swings-- be ready to kill one minute then rather angelic the next. Sure, she could hold her own before; in fact, some of the older students were a little scared of her. They had seen what she had been like in school, and some might have even been at her mercy one time or another.

"Won`t let the stupid kids learn! How are they supposed to know what the stupid merpeople look like if they can`t ever see one?!" This she spoke aloud, and rather loudly. Instinctively she looked around to see if anyone had heard her.

There were two people closer to the lake, but that was it. Everyone else was inside or in town. Well, whoever it was, they could move or deal with her being at the bloody lake.

((I`ll make her happy in just a little bit. =)))
"Get out of my way! I'm a free spirit!"
FOREVER WILL NEVER BE LONG ENOUGH.
"And now I understand a phrase I once thought odd;
I guess to love another person is to see the face of God."

Sky

Phoenix was about to say something when he heard some loud words coming from an approaching person. He squinted and saw Stacey, the pregnant chick. He could hear some things about kids and Merpeople. And the tone wasn't exactly...well...pleasent. He looked to Avalee.

"Wonder what her problem is?" He said, shrugging.

potter_fan122

"I`m pregnant, Monsieur Pheonix, and I can hear you. Goodness gracious. I`m not deaf! Being pregnant enhances your senses! Oh, hello Aves." Stacey continued walking towards the pair-- her destination was the lake, afterall-- and when she saw the girl her tone brightened considerably. Well, she wasn`t exactly a girl. They were about the same age. Still, Avalee seemed so young and innocent that it was hard not to think of her as a kid.

"Uh, sorry Pheonix. I just... yeah. Hormones are fun stuff. Never get pregnant, okay." She jokingly added the last part with a smile towards the girl. She hadn`t heard any of their conversation beforehand, but she did notice how closely they were standing.
"Get out of my way! I'm a free spirit!"
FOREVER WILL NEVER BE LONG ENOUGH.
"And now I understand a phrase I once thought odd;
I guess to love another person is to see the face of God."

purpleraincloud

Avalee returned the smile.

"It's okay. I remember having to watch the childbirth video in school. Not a fun thing to watch. I wish you and Aiden the best of luck."
Avalee smiled and winked at Stacey.

((Sortness. Sorry!))
It's just another day

Sky

Phoenix raised a brow.

"I...um...don't really...intend on doing that...thanks." For a split second, Phoenix pictured himself, a pregnant man, and winced. "Eeesh, that'd be freaky." He didn't even want to assume where the thing would come out. Ohhhh goodness.