News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

Time Goes On

Started by potter_fan122, August 18, 2010, 04:23:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

potter_fan122

((PG-13 Warning now. She is preggo, people. It makes a lot more sense if you know some of her backround and you know some of my other FFs.))

Things had been quiet for a long time. Stacey was nearly seven months pregnant now, and bulging with the twins. She was still thin, all except for her stomach which had grown quite a bit in the last couple months. Oh well, you got used to it after a while. The weird looks from people, the sudden extra weight, not being able to see your toes. Yeah, you got used to it all. Except for the fact that there is something living inside of you; that you never get accustomed to.

Sometimes when Stacey sat down and could really feel the twins move around a thought would cross her mind. How could a life be created inside of her? Obviously she knew how it happened, but just realizing that that had led to this, well that was a bit different. Even now, and she lay in bed, Stacey could hardly imagine her two children inside of her. She had given up so much after finding out she was pregnant. She couldn`t eat certain things, couldn`t run around like she used to all of the time. She felt old. It was hard to imagine that she was only eighteen and all of this was going on. How did all of those Muggle girls handle it at fifteen or sixteen? Stacey wanted her life back, but at the same time she would never give up her children for the entire universe.

It was dark out, probably about ten thirty, eleven at the latest, and Stacey was lying in bed. On normal circumstances she wouldn`t be caught dead going to bed this early, but being pregnant wore you out. There were about fifteen pounds strapped onto the front of her stomach, and managing around that wasn`t exactly the easiest thing in the world. She was exhausted. Just trying to clean up the house a little bit demanded a nap afterwords. It didn`t take long for her to fall asleep and it was rare that she dreamed. Being tired had a slight advantage. Anyway, it wasn`t long after finding a somewhat comfortable position on her back that she drifted off into the welcome blackness of sleep...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Falling, again.

Here I was, almost two whole months without a single dream-- let alone a stupid visit-- and I have to deal with this sh!t again. It felt like I was falling down an endless shaft and I couldn`t see anything, but a lot of people were staring at me. I could feel eyes on me, that was for sure, but I saw nothing. I felt uncomfortable, but not at the same time-- if that makes sense. At least now I knew what was coming. Jonathan had "commanded my presence during a vision". Ha. As if I had a choice in how often I got to see my uncle dearest. I guess the reason I was nervous was the fact that I
am seven months pregnant. During my first few meetings with Jonathan I had received actual wounds that had been present when I woke up in my own bed. What would happen now that I was carrying two children?

"Please, please just let them be safe," I mumbled to myself. Surely Jonathan wouldn`t let me get hurt. My twins were his kin, just like he was mine, as much as I regretted it. I wasn`t going to rid myself easily of him, and I had never told myself that he would not involve himself with my children. I`m positive that he will try to manipulate his mind just as he does mine, but if he ever even tried thinking about hurting them I would kill him, no matter how difficult it would be.

After an indeterminable amount of time I sighed. Honestly, the falling thing had never really lasted very long, for which I was glad. I felt nauseous and sick. If Jonny boy didn`t end this soon he`d have a falling mess as well as a falling niece.

((Sorry, I know it`s short and there`s not much too it but I suddenly got writer`s block. =P I wanted to at least get this out there, because I`ve been wanting to for a while. Yeah, so... yeah.))
"Get out of my way! I'm a free spirit!"
FOREVER WILL NEVER BE LONG ENOUGH.
"And now I understand a phrase I once thought odd;
I guess to love another person is to see the face of God."

Sky

Jackie Saylem

Jade Madeline Hayes - Strong, Independant, Confused, Naive.

Arianna Adaine - Elegant, Lethal, Lost, Alone, Outgoing, Anxious.

Jackie Dawn Saylem - Beautiful, Vampire, Young, Passionate, Energetic, Quirky

potter_fan122

((Gr. Okay, so I wrote this before I posted it, but I couldn`t find the paper when I had time to post it so I winged it. What I`m posting now is the real start of the story, and from there on. Just ignore everything before this.))

Being pregant sucked. The constant pain, hormones, the pressure of doing the right thing, the idea of being a mom. There was nothing fun about actually being pregnant. All I had to look forward to was the promies that my children would be the best thing in my life. Apart from Aiden, of course.

Aiden was the thing holding me together, and had been for the past seven months. We had both been scared to death at first, and still are. Things had evened out a bit, though. We had the twins` room set up two doors down from ours, and there was a double crib in our bedroom.

I was scared about what would happen after the twins were born. I would be someone different-- someone`s mother. Where did the person I used to be go? What will I become?

These thoughts haunted me as I sat cross-legged on my bed. The covers were puled up to my waist and knotted in my thin hands. My hair was pushed behind my ears and falling over my shoulders. My eyes were a soft shade of grey-- scared and sort of sad. Aiden was in the bathroom getting ready for bed. I was in my pajamas and dead tired, but the twins kept moving around in my stomach. I placed a hand over a spot where one of them kicked me and winced. They were getting stronger and stronger all the time. Sometimes I even though I felt my stomach get really hot or suddenly cold. Part of me wondered if they`d have elemental powers like me and Aiden.

"Still awake, love?" The deep voice startled me from out of the darkness, but it was the only voice I loved. Aiden climbed onto the bed and wrapped an arm around me. Ducking my head I repplied.

"Of course. That was sort of a dumb question." My words ended sharply without me wanting them to. "Sorry." The hormones were probably one of the trickiest things to deal with. The sudden mood swings could just ruin your day, and you never knew when they were coming.

"I know, love. Just lay down, though. It`s late." I layed down beside him on my side and tried to get comfortable. Just as I was drifting off I could hear him start to hum a few notes of an old song...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

potter_fan122

"I was sucked into a black hole, limbs flailing, unable to stop or slow down. Free-falling into the darkness, my horrible high-pitched scream the only sound. And just as I`m sure that this fall has no end-- it stops. The scream, the fall, all of it. Everything. Leaving me to hang there. Untethered. Suspended. Completely alone in this solitary place with no beginning or end. Lost in thing dark and dismal abyss with no trace of light coming in. Abandoned in this infinite void, a lost and lonely world of permanent midnight. The horrible realization slowly dawning on me-- this is where I live now. A hell with no escape.

I try to run, scream, cry for help--but it`s no use. I`m frozen, unable to speak-- completely alone for all eternity. Purposely held apart from everything I knew and love-- cut off from everything that exists. Knowing I`ve no choice but to surrender as my mind goes blank and my body limp. There`s no use in fighting when no one can save me.

I remain like that, solitary, eternal, a shadowy awareness creeping upon me, tugging from a place just outside my reach..."

-Alyson Noel, Shadowland

It went on and on, the falling did. Well, I don`t really know if it was falling, but it was extremely uncomfortable. I felt sort of like I was being suspended in the air and there was just a vertical breeze floating around me. My body didn`t feel like it was moving at all, except for when I moved my limbs myself. It also felt like my heart and my stomach were somewhere above me. And of course then there was the impetranable, complete darkness.

Even if none of that was pressing on me, there were other things that bother me even more. As usual in these dreams from Jonathan I could not tell what color my eyes were. There was no little thought in the back of my head or a sudden taste in my mouth that told me their shade. Maybe it was because my actual body was asleep, but I was positive they still changes even while I slept-- you felt emotions when you dreamed, right? That was part of the reason I knew this dream-state was from Jonathan; he did everything he could to keep me poweless and uncomfortable.

What bothered me even more was the fact that I couldn`t feel the twins. I couldn`t feel them moving around, I couldn`t feel their weight added to mine. Most of all, though, when I looked down I could see my toes. There was no big stomach blocking the view of my feet.

A sense of panic overwhelmed me. Where did my children go? Where were the beings that were growing inside of me, made from my blood? Anger-- no, pure hatred towards my uncle filled me with such a sudden and fully. How dare he bring me to this unwanted vision? What gave him the right to force this illusion on me? I balled up my fists and inhaled deeply. I wasn`t sure if i could scream in this dark place, but I would find out. Just as i began to exhale I felt body slip.

It was the feeling of going down a vertical slide, but surrounded by nothing. I could feel air rushing around me and my heart was racing. My breath felt like it was being pulled from me against my will. My chest pounded and I knew that I had to calm down. I knew that the loss of my pregnant stomach was just another illusion from Jonathan. My body in my comfrotable bed was still pregnant. Of that, I was sure. Still, hyperventilating while I was asleep probably wouldn`t be good for the twins.

"Okay. One. Two. Three. Four. Fi--"

I stopped.

My feet were against a solid ground-- a stone floor, actually. I could taste the musty dampness in the air. The darkness wasn`t as heavy as before. I could see a few lighter spots, and the longer I looked at them the more I realized that they were the candles. I knew from my previous visits here that there would be eight in a big circle around me-- big candles that were almost as tall as me and always seemed to be burning, but never melting. I also knew that right behind me would be a large mirror.

Slowly I turned around and the candles brightened suddenly. The cobblestone floor shone with a kind of slime and when I moved my feet they stuck a little, making an odd squish sound. I stopped and winced, nauseaus. The huge mirror stood about ten feet in front of me. My figure-- my familiar, thin figure-- was reflected back at me. My wide eyes stared and I could see that they were emerald green. The exact same shade as Jonathan`s.

"Jonathan!" I yelled loudly. It echoed around me a few times as I stormed towards the glass. I pressed my hand to my reflection and looked for my uncle in the room behind me.

"Hey, sweetheart," the voice was there, but the reflection I saw was Aiden`s. My love`s golden eyes were watching for my reaction like they so often did. Everything about him was familiar to me: his soft black hair, the muscles showing under his black sleeves, and especially the small smile he gave me.

"Stop messing with my memories, Jonathan." I turned around and my uncle was right there in front of me. His light blond hair falling into his eyes and his smug little grin. I had to say that his eyes were the most striking feature. How could they not be when they were four inches from mine. They would glitter and shine even when he just stood there staring at me. There was just a thin space that separated us. All of this felt wrong-- the image of Aiden in the mirror, Jonathan`s sudden appearance, and the tiny space between the two of us. It all felt too close, too personal. What was he trying to accomplish here? If his goal was to make me uncomfortable, he made it there as soon as I realized this was all him.

I took a step back and a hit the mirror. I moved my hands to my sides and prepared myself to defend myself if I had to. I didn`t have a clue what was going on. Everything felt like it shifted. My uncle hadn`t summoned me since before I got pregnant. In fact, I have a feeling that he knew about the twins before I did. He had too much axcess to my mind.

"Why did you bring me here?" I meant for my voice to sound demanding, an order. Instead my voice was soft and shaky. My fear was not maskes. I used to think-- and sometimes told myself-- that my feeling and deepest thoughts were for Aiden alone, and even then only if I wanted them shared. But I was wrong. Jonathan knew me better than anyone. He was part of my mind, whether I liked it or not.

"It`s been a long six months," Jonathan replied with a small step back. "I tried to keep myself from your notice, for your sake."

"There was nothing you wanted from me before," I countered, "and now there is. You want something from me, and I haven`t the slightest idea what it might be, but if it involves my children, I`m telling you now that I will do everything in my power to kill you if you dare try to harm them." My voice got stronger as I spoke. By the time I was done I realized that I was again stadnign right in front of him and shouting.

Jonathan chuckled and shook his head, unfazed. "Oh, sweetheart, you can`t stop me from getting what I want." He grinned at me and crossed him arms. I wanted to shoot him right then and there.

"Because I already have it."

potter_fan122

((Okay, so I sort of forgot about this for a while.  A long while, actually.... but I would like to get it going again.  Stacey's whole story is confusing, you know, so if you're looking at this for the first time, prepare to not know what's going on.  You can go back and read some of my old fanfics; I think they are terrible, but whatever.  It'll give you the info you need. =P Hope you enjoy this next part!))

eight months later:

The house was quiet at last.  Everything was still, and the only sound was Stacey's own feet softly walking to her bedroom.  It was about eleven at night, and she was dead tired.  The twins were teething, so they were both cranky.  They normally had regular sleep habits, but they were both very easy to upset.  It had taken her two hours to get them both to stay asleep.  Her eyes were a dark blue, but half-closed.  Even as she walked from the nursery to her own bed, she felt like she would pass out with exhaustion.  One hand trailed along the wall, keeping her from swerving around the hallway.  What was actually a short walk seemed to take an hour, and by the time she actually made it to her room where Aiden was already asleep, she fell into a deep sleep as soon as she layed down.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There had been to dreams, no visits from Jonathan since that night eight months ago.  Eight months of waiting for him to call again.  There had been periods of time where he slipped from her mind, her children more important than the fear of a dream, but he always came back.  Sometimes she would have a dream or nightmare that would remind her of his evil and she would wake up unable to sleep again.  Slowly she began to worry less and less untill it was almost nonexistant, but here she was.  Falling once more into a more complete blackness, a heavy dark that she could only feel when slipping into another conscious mind.  This was Jonathan stealing her purest form of mind and bringing it into his own consciousness, a place that he controlled with the tightest security. 

This pulling of the mind was uncomfortable, more so than other things like Apparating.  It felt... violating.  Imagine someone leaking into your mind, wrapping themselves around it, then stealing it.  It was disorienting and gave you a killer headache when you woke up.  As far as she knew, there was no one else in the entire world--in all of time--that had ever experienced this.  She was the only lucky one.

She thought about this as she dropped into darkness.  She knew that she would land eventually, the only question was how she would land.  Previously she had fallen against the hard stone ground, hurting herself, but the last time she was just suddenly on the solid floor.  She would also be surprised with what she was wearing.  Usually Jonathan let her be dressed in jeans and a tee shirt at least, but you never knew with him.

Stacey didn't have long to wonder.  As easily as she had been pulled into this dream-like state, she was suddenly facing her own reflection.  Surprise showed in her eyes, which were an electric green.  She took a stumbled step backwards, trying to get away from the mirror.  The mirror was similar to the Mirror of Erised at Hogwarts, but instead of showing what you wanted most, it showed whatever Jonathan wanted it to.  It produced the same effect, though, and most many of her experiences had not been pleasant. 

Quickly she looked down at her body, relieved to find that was was really in jeans and a long-sleeved black shirt.  Patting her leg, she also noted that Jonathan didn't give her any weapons on this trip.  Satisfied that the picture she saw in the mirror was real, she approached it again.  Slowly she raised her hand and placed it on the cool glass.  Jonathan always appeared when she didn this, never when she was looking for him.  So all she had to do was wait...

"I really should take you someplace else for our next visit," a voice called, making her flinch.  Her hands tightened into fists and she forced herself to look at her uncle in the mirror.

This time he was reflected as himself, not Aiden or Nate like he had done in the past.  The blonde figure she saw was definately Jonathan, but he looked much younger.  The Jonathan in the mirror looked to be about twenty, and she knew that image, as well.  The very first time she had been forced into the mental prison, he had revealed himself as this younger version of himself.  She shook her head to clear images of that visit away.

"What do you want?" She spit, turning around.  Jonathan was about five feet from her, twisting a dagger in his strong hands.  She eyed it wearily, but she knew instinctively that he wouldn't hurt her.  He needed her, so he couldn't.  At least not physically.

"Why, you are so demanding, child," He chided, looking up at her with those serpent-green eyes that she hated.  "I had hoped you would be a little sweeter to me, since I left you alone for so long.  That was for your benefit only, you know.  I could have interrupted your life at any moment."

"Only while I was asleep, uncle.  You aren't strong enough to get to me when I'm awake," she countered.  She wanted to move, to fight him, but she knew she couldn't.  Not only was she weaponless, she knew that there were immortal guardians hiding in the shadows, waiting for her to attack.  Looking to the darkness, she tried to see them and failed.  The only light came from those eight ever-present candles, exactly the same as she remembered them.

"You wouldn't know, love.  You might think you know everything, but you know nothing.  I could have torn your life apart--I still can--and there is nothing that stand in my way," he replied, taking hold of the dagger and taking a step towards her. 

"That's a lie.  There's plenty in your way.  You need me for something, and you're worried about my father.  He could find you if he wanted to, he just hasn't yet.  He will, believe me.  You aren't going to get away with anything," she said bodly, almost daring him to try something.

Jonathan chuckled, and she felt the urge to tackle him to the ground and murder him with his own knife.  "Oh, child, you have so much to learn.  That's why I have this for you," he flung the blade to her feet.  "You need to learn, because I have something for you to do, and you'll have to be prepared."

With those words Stacey fell into a real darkness, much heavier than the dark of Jonathan's mind.  She was going someplace ever deeper now.

Kiara Johnson

potter_fan122

Jackie Saylem

This is really awesome. Serious talent Stacey.. If that's what you still go by? I haven't been on in so long I hardly even know anymore. But anyway, this is good ;]

potter_fan122

Thank you! And yes, I still go by Stacey.
I've been meaning to continue this, but I've been -coughcough- distracted lately.
=D

Jackie Saylem

No worries! Pretty sure we all have our own personaal distractions. I actually have a story I'm dying to put out there, but it had nothing at all do do with Harry Potter, or any of my characters for that matter.
So I have noo idea what to do with it!

Oh well *sigh*.
Excitedly awaiting your next post!