News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

about to burst_

Started by potter_fan122, August 23, 2010, 10:04:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

potter_fan122

Stacey paced around the empty classroom with one hand on her hip and the other pressed against the top of her stomach. Everything was just completely against her today. Not only was it ongodly hot outside, but it was humid as well and it was going to start pouring any second. The twins were restless and kept miving around-- mostly moving her organs around so they could get comfy-- and she was just uncomfortable all over. Her knees and shoulders hurt for some reason she couldn`t fathom, and on top of it all her lesson plans were due. Over the past week she had to rewrite most of it to be "more suitable for a young environment" because of "unsafe properties in the lessons".

Alone and without anyone to talk to she had taken to throwing things and yelling aloud when she was in her classroom. It made her feel better and saved her from getting angry at Aiden. Things were stressfull enough without little fights all the time.

"D@mn the Ministry! I should be able to do whatever I want in class as no one gets killed or seriosuly injured!" She yelled to nothing in particular, launching a soft ball at the wall and watching as it bounced back forcefully. "Ugh. Stingy adults."
"Get out of my way! I'm a free spirit!"
FOREVER WILL NEVER BE LONG ENOUGH.
"And now I understand a phrase I once thought odd;
I guess to love another person is to see the face of God."

Sky

Phoenxi was walking down the hall with some books stacked in his hands, when he heard yelling coming from one of the classrooms. He paused outside the door and pressed his ear up against it, closing his eyes so he could concentrate on listening. There was a loud sound that made him jump and almost drop his books. He set them down against the wall and then slowly turned the knob of the door, carefully pressing it open to see Stacey walking around with her hands on her hip and stomach. She wasn't happy at all.

"Is-is everything alright?" Phoenix .

potter_fan122

Stacey turned around on her heels and saw Pheonix standing uncertainly in the doorway. Gosh, he looked nervous. Maybe he`d never encountered an angry pregnant woman.

"Hello, yes, everything`s just fine. Just... rearranging my classroom." She looked around the floor, were a variety of broken objects lay close to the wall. In reality that was extremely unsafe, but Stacey wasn`t one that fell down easily.

Sky

"It doesn't look fine." Phoenix said, entering the room and starting to pick up the broken things. "What's wrong?" He looked up at her and raised a brow when he lifted up a broken vase. Really.

potter_fan122

"No no no, let me get it. Really, this has happened before," Stacey said quickly as he picked up the pieces of a smashed vase. She snapped her fingers and there was a sort of hissing sound, then the things on the floor began to move back into their rightfull places. The ball she had just thrown floated back to her and she took it in her hand.

"Uhm, really, everything`s find. There`s just a lot on my plate right now." She gave a small smile and a nod to the man, knowing that the minute she saw him her eyes had flickered to a deep black. Pheonix just annoyed her for some reason. She didn`t know why. He hadn`t done anything legit to piss her off, and he seemed like a nice guy... Still, the fact that he hung around Avalee made her feel weird.

Sky

"I see. Well, I just...wanted to make sure everything was, you know, okay." He knew Stacey had suddenly become different around him, though he didn't know why. One day, they had gotten along perfectly. Then the next she was giving him glares with different colored eyes. What exactly did he do? He couldn't help but wonder. Maybe it was just hormones. Who knew? He stood and started for the door.

potter_fan122

Stacey chewed the inside of her lip and watched Pheonix start to walk away. Honestly she was being rude to him. He hadn`t actually done anything to her, and he didn`t deserve being treated this way. Even so, just looking at him now and knowing what she knew made her angry.

"Uh, actually, I was wondering if you could stick around for a few minutes. There was something I wanted to talk to you about." She carefully sat on her desk and let her feet dangle in front of her. Really she didn`t have the right to talk to him. He was, like, five years older than her. He had lived through more.... well, maybe. When she thought about it she felt sort of ashamed for asking this. What gave her the authority?

Sky

Phoenix sighed as faced the door, dropping his hand to his side and turning around.

"What is it?" He asked. His tone wasn't bitter but it wasn't the most friendly either. He just didn't know how to act around Stacey.

potter_fan122

Stacey looked down at her feet, trying to think of what to say.

"I`m sorry for being so rude. I know that I`d never given you an explanation for that, and I apologize. You never did anything to make me angry, I``m just... not ready for being a mom, I suppose, and it`s freaking me out. You wouldn`t understand, you`re a guy, but still. I just wanted to let you know that I`m sorry for acting like I was."

Sky

Phoenix gave her a crooked smile, accepting the apology before it was even finished.

"You know, nobody is ever ready to be a parent until the big moment finally happens. Just trust me. You are going to be the best mother, you just got to relax. All of this anger and stress can cause early labor." He winked at her and then grinned.

potter_fan122

Stacey-- who had been playing with her fingers-- looked up at the man and returned the smile.

"Well, one can hope. But.... there was something else. Uh.... how do I put this... Avalee and I have a rather odd relationship. Um, I feel sort of... protective of her, if you will, and I`m worries that she`s still too hurt over her previous boyfriend to be around... another guy." She was watching the floor again by the time she finished. This just didn`t feel quite right. She was a lot younger than him, and this was just a weird conversation to be having with an older guy.

Sky

Phoenix's head slowly fell, his eyes on the floor. Stacey was right. He knew it himself. Avalee was still stricken by Axel's death.

"I know." He said softly. "You're right. I shouldn't be getting close to her. Its...not the right time." He brought his icy blue eyes to hers. "I'll keep my distance from now on."

Maybe he was too old for her anyway. And he didn't want to be a...a rebound guy, so to speak.

potter_fan122

Stacey`s cheeks flushed a bright pink and she looked up into his eyes. She was glad Pheonix hadn`t responded like she thought he would. She figured he would get angry or something, but he seemed to take it pretty well.

"Thank you. I know that it`s not my place, but I`m concerned for her. She doesn`t understand; she`s too young in her heart," she replied softly, her eyes lightening. This was a lot easier than she thought.

Sky

Phoenix went to say something, but was stumbling on his words.

"I want to make her happy." He finally said in a hushed voice. "That's all I really want."

He had come to this school with one thought on his mind. And that was to teach Astrology and show students how awesome it could really be. But now he just wanted to make Avalee happy. Astrology wasn't his main focus anymore.

potter_fan122

Stacey nodded slowly, feeling her eyes lighten even more to her "natural" brown. Okay, so he wanted to make her happy, but was it from pity or something else.

"I understand completely. I mean, hell, I`m married. I get it. You want to make people happy, I just want you to be carefull. You`re a lot older than her, and she`s fragile."