News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

Shake it Off

Started by potter_fan122, September 7, 2010, 04:13:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

potter_fan122

((Sky. Don`t care who shows up, as it`s one of Sky`s peoples.))

The bar was practically empty tonight. Surprising, since it was a Saturday and only about ten. Jason was sititng at up at the counter, slouched over his drink. This was the first time he`d had alcohol since Sky came back, and he felt sick. His stomach churned the longer he sat there, but he didn`t want to leave. Things were so complicated back home. He had to worry about eveything. Worrying about Sky was his job, but he wished someone else-- not Sky-- would take some of it off his shoulders. But he couldn`t do that to Sky. No, he had to protect her. Things were so fragile now, especially after that last attack, and he found out she had been pregnant.

Pregnant. With his child. Well, there was a chance it might not of been his.... but Sky wouldn`t do that....

Jasin shook his head to clear away the thoughts and took a sip of his liquor. Sky was safe for now. She would be at the school or at home. He left a note....
"Get out of my way! I'm a free spirit!"
FOREVER WILL NEVER BE LONG ENOUGH.
"And now I understand a phrase I once thought odd;
I guess to love another person is to see the face of God."

Sky

"What'll it be?" 

The bartender looked at Phoenix was an old, grumpy stare as he pressed both hands against the counter, a dirty white towel hanging over his shoulder. The bartender was wearing a white shirt with a dusty black apron. Phoenix was contemplating what would be best and then shrugged.

"Just give me something that tastes good and that has alcohol in it." He said. The tender mumbled and suddenly there was a short glass of mead on the table.

"Two galleons." Phoenix glance at the man, puzzled.

"Two!?"

"I just gave you some of the finest mead we got. Two galleons."

Phoenix slammed two gold coins on the counter and angrily sipped his mead. What a rip off.

He pushed back his hair and turned around on his stool to see a very glum looking young man hunched over his drink.

"Are you alright?" Phoenix asked carefully.

potter_fan122

Jason looked towards the man and laughed a little.

"Yeah, I`m fine. I just sit in bars for fun." He shook his head and looked back at his drink. The dim lighting flashed across the silver ring on his left hand and sighed. "Women, you know?" He asked he guy, chewing the inside of his cheek.

You could see the tension in his back and shoulders. His grey tee shirt was tight across his back, and the curves of his muscles showed through. He felt like he had been run over by something. A big something. Jason felt... old. He was tired and achy, and trying to keep it up for Sky`s sake was getting more and more difficult. Still, she had lost her child. However hard it was for him to find that out, it had to be a million times harder for her. She didn`t need any stress.

Sky

Phoenix nodded and looked to the shelves behind the counter filled with assorted bottles and liqour.

"Yeah, I know just what you mean." He sipped his mead again and sighed. "I'm kind of going through some of my own." Things with Avalee were confusing. He liked her. There was no denying that. But he wondered how she felt about him. She lost someone special to her and would need time to heal. He over stepped some boundaries and Stacey had gotten involved.

potter_fan122

Jason shook his head and took a deep breath. Being with Sky used to be so easy to be with. She just... took away all of his problems. Made the rest of the world seem so trivial. She was all that mattered. Now the world seemed dark and cold. The Death Eaters were getting closer; they had killed their child. Jason was trying to take care of everything; he was dead tired and not in the best of moods.

He lifted his bottle to his lips and took a long swig. He started to twist his ring, eyes wondering around the room.

"Best thing that`s ever happened to you, right? Hm. Just wait a while." Jason regretted the words as soon as they came out of his mouth. He didn`t even mean to say it, it just came out. Liquor gave you loose lips, but that was no excuse for him to say that. He loved Sky more than he loved living. In fact, the only reason he was still alive was because of her. Things had just been going downhill before he met her.

Sky

"I don't know what happened to you, but have some faith. That'll get you further than alcohol."  He saw the man twist the ring around his finger in the corner of his eye. Something serious must have happened to this guy.

potter_fan122

"No, I didn`t mean that. I love her, I really do. I just... don`t want to lose her, and things are getting complicated." He took a sip of his drink and finished it off. "And don`t worry. I hate alcohol."

A young couple came in holding hands and laughing. -If only they knew.-

"So what`re you here for. Something`s gotta be wrong if you`re in this place by yourself." He knodded towards the couple who seated themselves at a booth in the back.

Sky

Phoenix faced the man and studied him for a moment before deciding to try to take a glimpse into his life.

"What happened? If I...may ask."

It wasn't his place to ask such a thing, but he wanted to try to help.

potter_fan122

Jason`s face went blank for a moment, then he stared down at the bar at tried to come up with something to say. He couldn`t exactly tell the guy that he was being hunted by Death Eater-- hell, he might even be one himself.

"Uh, well... I`m not sure exactly. Things were great for a while. Perfect, actually. I asked her to marry me and... she left. Went travelling. Said she couldn`t face that at the time. I found her again and things got better. Asked her again." He lifted his left hand and smiled a little. "It`s just... her family... isn`t very welcoming. To her or me. Things are just getting really stressfull." Jason sighed and ran his hands through his hair.

"What about you? You seem a bit heartbroken, if you don`t mind me saying," he added quickly. He hoped that the man wouldn`t ask about her family. Her "family" was a momentary substitute for the Death Eaters, and Jason wasn`t that great of a liar when it came down to stories.

Sky

He shrugged and finished his glass of mead and then carefully wiped his lips with a napkin.

"Not neccesarrily heartbroken. More like...I can't believe I'm saying this, but...let's call it puppy love." He didn't know what else to call it. "I think I'm in love with a girl. A girl whose boyfriend died a little while ago. It's a rough spot. I can never be anything like her boyfriend. He was this cool guy from what I hear. I'm just...well, I'm not that."

potter_fan122

Jason nodded slowly, trying to process that correctly. He had heard something about a boy getting killed. It was in one of the bars too, maybe in the Hog`s Head?

"I see. Well, in my opinion it doesn`t matter what happed in the past. Sure, you might not be the cool guy you think she wants, but she`s most likely just looking for someone to comfort her while she`s grieving. Trust me, I know how that feels, and you don`t want to be on the losing side when she decides that she`s happy without you." He paused a moment.

"I`m sorry. I`m not trying to say that she doesn`t like you. She might. Just give her some time."

Sky

"Maybe." Phoenix said. "I guess only time will tell." He spun the empty glass around and accidentally let it topple over. Luckily it didn't break and he put it back upright.

"Why aren't you at home with her?"

potter_fan122

Jason waited before he asnwered again. Really, he wasn`t sure why he was here now.

"I guess... it`s because I feel obligated to protect her. She`s too special to feel the pressure of the world, so I try to take care of everything. I just never realized how heavy everything could get."

HamandCheese

Dan Aykroyd Fans http://elwoodjake.proboards.com/index.cgi

Top on google search (Or second from the top)

[

Which is Bucky?? You decide.