News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

---Whispering---

Started by purpleraincloud, September 15, 2010, 11:28:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

purpleraincloud

(Stacey)

Avalee was not a 'musical' person per-se. She had never taken her piano lessons as a child very seriously. Her parents wanting to 'round out her education' forced her to take them. She had learned enough though to get by, to play a few simple chords. She could struggle through a simple song. She played on a piano, a simple dark wooded upright. The notes drifted gently through the upsairs faculty-only corridor she was in. It was almost three in the morning. Tonight she was playing a fairly simple, yet complexly beautiful song. A favorite of hers. And her amateur voice glided through the song.

'Whispering
Hear the ghosts in the moonlight
Sorrow doing a new dance
Through their bone, through their skin

Listening
To the souls in the fool's night
Fumbling mutely with their rude hands
And there's heartache without end'

She was almost done with the song, had five short stanzas of minor music left. Yet her fingers couldn't find the next chord. The mourning in the lyrics struck her. It had always been a favourite song. It was from a favorite musical of course. The next words, the next notes seemed too painful. It was a song about loss. A song about being alone. Truely along. Avalee had quite a bit of that these days. She would always love this song. But now, just the though of it, sprung tears in her eyes. These tears seemed to always be present.

Happiness was lost on Avalee, for what felt like ages. Sadness colored her life. Sadness colored every hour. She wanted to feel something again. Something that wasn't the numbing ache of feeling alone; feeling like her heart had been savagely, rudely ripped from her chest. She was done with feeling like the warmth had been taken away.

Her fingers drifted into the next stanza of lyrics, as her mouth opened once more to gently sing the words of melancholy that the song was riddled with :

'See the father bent in grief
The mother dressed in mourning
Sister crumbles, and the neighbors grumble
The preacher issues warnings'

Then her head slowly bent down, her eyes shut.

Love for a dead man overflowed where her heart should have been.
For just another day, for another stolen hour
When the world will feel my power and obey
It's just another day
Feeling like I'll live forever
Feeling like this feeling never goes away

potter_fan122

Maybe it was the music that called to her. Maybe it was the sound of a lonely soul. Whatever it was, it bothered Stacey. She was familiar with the tugging feeling that pulled her towards the sound of a piano, but not the reason behind it. Normally she only felt like this around Aiden -- or away for Aiden -- or sometimes when her more dangerous powers called to her.

The song was familar also, even if she couldn`t quite place what it was from. She hummed along with the sweet, sad tune as she floated down the corridor. She had on a pair of black shorts from before her pregnancy that somehow still fit and a maternity shirt that was a soft red color. Her arms were slightly extended form her body like she was about to take flight and her right hand grazed the wall. She could walk around the school blindfolded and backwards, and her eyes were partially closed now. She had to concentrate to find the source of the music. While the notes eerily blew around the school, she couldn`t use her "mental map" anymore. Not pregnant. Who knew what her magic would do to her children? Certainly not the doctors, so she wasn`t going to take any chances. She was nearly eight months along now, so they could be easily influenced.

Stacey turned a corner and stopped suddenly. Her amber eyes flew wide open. She got it now. Aves was playing, and... was she crying? She drifted towards the door to the room with the piano.

"Avalee? What`s wrong?" She asked, slowly pushing the door open. She didn`t ask if the girl was okay. That was such a dumb question to ask when someone was obviously not okay.
"Get out of my way! I'm a free spirit!"
FOREVER WILL NEVER BE LONG ENOUGH.
"And now I understand a phrase I once thought odd;
I guess to love another person is to see the face of God."

purpleraincloud

"Um..." Avalee stuttered shortly, trying to pull herself together. She wasn't going to let Avalee pity her. She hated pity. She didn't really need Stacey's judgment right now. She didn't need her to know how much pain she was really in. The last chord hovered in the air, and she took a small breath.

"Just... Playing...." Avalee said quietly.
It's just another day

potter_fan122

"Mm, okay. Uhm, mind if I stay in here for a bit? Maybe I can teach you something a little happier?" She left her question open at the end, leaving the girl to decide, which she rarely did. Most of the time the things she said were orders statements. Very few people argued with her about anything. But this time -- this one time -- she decided that Aves needed comfort for once, not her judgement.

Stacey slowly walked into the room, letting the door glide closed silently. Her steps were as smooth and silent as they had been seven months ago; being pregnant really hadn`t changed her as much as she felt it did. She still had the same air of grace about her, like she was different --other-worldly-- and was only someting you could only guess at. If anything the obvious factor of the twins on her stomach made her seem softer. Of course, maybe that wasn`t such a bad thing.

"You know, not a lot of people generally play the piano at three in the morning," she said softly.

purpleraincloud

"I'm just not a lot of people right now I guess." Avalee stated simply, and softly. Her eyes were tired, and disconsolate. Her fingers played the short intro into a song. She had no idea what it was from, and it was slightly major, yet fast and drifted towards minor towards the end.

"Okay..." Avalee said.
It's just another day

potter_fan122

Stacey moved so she was standing on the girl`s left side, looking down at the piano keys. Her eyes drifted over the pale bars and her fingers itched to play them. She hadn`t played in so long, but she just didn`t have the musical inspiration anymore. Jonathan took it all out of her.

"Avalee, is there something you want to talk about? Anything, honestly. Is there anything you want to say to me, anything you want me to say to you?" Her voice was soft, but it echoed around the room in a way that made it seem entirely too loud. Her amber eyes were now intent on Avalee.

-She`s not a child, you need to remember that!- She thought to herself. -She`s practically my age now. I never realized... she seems so innocent...- Looking at Avalee now, Stacey saw a different person. Before she seemed like an insolent girl, trying to find her way into any relationship. Not now. No, now she looked like someone really hurt. Someone who felt the earth`s weight.

"I`m sorry. For everything."

purpleraincloud

Avalee shook her head, distantly. "There's nothing left for me to say." She paused, and took her fingers off the ivory keys. She rubbed her worn out eyes for a moment, then continued. "Everyone knows what happened...and there is no way to change it." Nothing.

She sighed slightly.
It's just another day

potter_fan122

Stacey shook her head, now growing slightly annoyed. Okay, yes the girl`s boyfriend had died, but she didn`t die. She was still here, living. As of right now she wasn`t doing much with herself. Stacey had known Axel--sort of-- and he seemed like everyone else; whoever he loved, he wanted them to be happy whether that included him or not. Stacey knew that he would have believed that, and seeing Avalee right now would definately not make him happy.

"Aves, you have to listen to me," she bent at her waist so her eyes were about level with the girl`s, "You have to stop living in the past! Yes things happened, but there is nothing you can do about what happened. You need to get your head back in the present and pull yourself together. This-- this hole that you`ve put yourself in is not going to get you anywhere. Trust me on this one, I would know. I know you look at me with Aiden and think, Oh, they`re so perfect. They have a happy little family. Well we don`t. We fight just like other people. We`re scared. We worry. But we get over it. You can`t let the past keep you from having a future."

Her voice raised as she went on and somewhere in the middle she stopped thinking about the words coming out of her mouth. Avalee had to get this, and it didn`t seem like she would.

You can`t let the past keep you from having a future.

Where had that popped from? Stacey was not one for inspiring talks or words of wisdome; she told it like it was and didn`t sugercoat anything. If you didn`t like the truth, you didn`t like her. That`s how things seemed to go. She didn`t care what people thought of her.

No, that wasn`t true. She did care. But not a lot. She wanted Avalee to like her, really. The fact that the girl seemed to be so scared at the sight of her made her wince. She wanted to be powerfull, not scary. Scary was bad for her.

-Gah! You need to pull yourself together.- She closed her eyes and took a deep breath. "I`m sorry, I shouldn`t have done that. Blame to hormones, if you will."

purpleraincloud

Avalee shook her head. Her tone still dull, and somber. "It doesn't work that way." She said, thinking. "I don't feel like I will ever be happy again. I might have liked someone...but all he saw was how heartbroken I am. He thought I was just rebounding. Just a rebounding child."

Avalee sighed again, and fiddled with Axel's ring that was on a chain around her neck.
It's just another day

HamandCheese

(If you don't want me I'll go)

Bucky had been on a holiday in the muggle world, he had loved how there where geniuses who didn't even know about the muggle world, but most of all he loved the Harry Potter movies, to them it's fantasy to him it's a documentary, he bagan enjoying the muggle world so much he wanted to live there permanently until .... Until he watched the first harry potter movie, it excited him, made him realise how awesome it is to study magic.

So now he was back, doing his homework and not waging any lessons. Right then Bucky was doing his muggle studies assignment, music. Bucky loved musicand was very, very good. At that time he sat there on his four-poster hold a crystal black telecaster it's body felt like glass, he was practising to play one of the hardest song ever played 'big love', he was surprised at his effort andwas doing quite well.

He had finished what he wanted for theday so he decided to get out his wizard amplify from wrock industries and set it up to a wrock pa system to send out messages around the school,  which he did without leaving theroom, a few spells mounted speakers every room of the school as he sat in hisroom he repeated message 'MUSIC LESSONS GRYFINDOR COMMONROOM"

l
Dan Aykroyd Fans http://elwoodjake.proboards.com/index.cgi

Top on google search (Or second from the top)

[

Which is Bucky?? You decide.

purpleraincloud

It's just another day

potter_fan122

Stacey clenched and unclenched her teeth, watching Avalee. Part of her could understand what she was saying, but she still thought that she should just get over it. After all, Axel was dead. Mourning him wasn`t going to get her anywhere.

"Aves, you don`t get it. Everyone seems to have this idea that you have some soul mate. Well, I don`t think that`s true. We`re compatible with everyone to a certain degree, some more than others. Take me and Aiden, we seem perfect for each other. But I`m sure there`s someone somewhere that just might be better than him for me. That doesn`t mean that I don`t love him, though; I love him to death, and as far as I know, he`s the person I`ll always love the most." Her hands drifted to her stomach. Maybe that wasn`t true after all. The twins, she loved them, too. Just as much as she loved Aiden.

"What I`m trying to say is that you may not have to fall in love. Sometimes you just learn to love instead. They say that when you think you`re in love you know it, and when you are in love everyone else knows it." She paused, locking her goldish eyes on Avalee`s. "You can`t get caught up on him."

purpleraincloud

She shruged slightly.

Avalee sat there. Even when she had stopped talking, Avalee sat. She was thinking. She was thinking about...everything. All her life she had just wanted love. Just romantic love. Not friends, just romantic love. She had been taught that it was the only kind that mattered. Maybe she had just wanted to be loved by her parents all her life, so that was all she wanted. That sounded logical.

She had missed the sweet touch of a lover, but what about the hug of a caring friend? Why had she never sought that? She thought about it for a little longer, while silence plagued the room.
It's just another day

potter_fan122

Stacey just stood there, watching her. What if the things she had said were too harsh? It was completely possible for her to go past the girl's boundaries, and she would have no way of knowing until Aves responded.

"Look, I know I haven`t always been there for you, and I was actually pretty b!tchy to you in the beginning, but I like you. If you want, you know that you can always come talk to me. You can always trust me. I`m a good listener, although you may not think so." Her words were soft, but piercing in the heavy silence. She lifted her hand and gently patted Avalee`s shoulder.

"I`m sorry, I really am. For everything."

purpleraincloud

Avalee shrugged slightly, although it did mean a lot to her. "It's not your fault...at all..." It really wasn't at all. But, it did mean something that Stacey cared. That someone gave a sh!+. Avalee missed the feeling.
It's just another day