News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

••A Simple Little Ceremony ••

Started by Sky, November 6, 2010, 11:50:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sky

So it was this day in November that Sky would marry Jason. It was an unexpected decision to marry so soon, especially after the miscarriage, but Sky couldn't be more excited. She looked forward to spending her life with this man. And if she died from the hands of the Deatn Eaters, then she wanted to die as Jason's wife.

She was alone in her private dormatory in the Gryffindor wing, reviewing herself in the mirror. She had on her wedding dress, and her hair fell to her shoulders in loose dark curls. (( http://www.9lover.com/products/big/20080701192357.jpg  I'm going to go with this? Because I got bored looking for a good picture....))

"So this is it." She sighed, meeting her soft gray eyes in the mirror. This is where a new chapter begins.

potter_fan122

Stacey slowly wandered down the hall, perfectly silent.  Her feet glided across the floor quickly, actually, and she was practically running down the hall.  After all, Sky was getting married! Finally!  It had taken her and Jason long enough!  She wasn't quite sure where Sky was right now, but she could feel her friend, and she was moving towards the energy she knew to be Sky.

She held one hand to her chest and the other to her side, keeping her skirt from flying up as she ran.  Her dress was a soft green and cut off just below her knees.  It was sleeveless and had a sort of sash under her chest.  It had been quite a while since she had worn such a dress, but she would wear anything to a friend's wedding.  Especially if she was the bridesmaid.  Her hair flapped against her back in thick waves, and she knew that she would have to fix it before the ceremony, but she didn't care.

"Sky!" She squeeled, finally finding her friend and bursting into the room.  Her eyes glowed a bright lime green with her energy, and she instantly hugged Sky.  "Oh my gosh, your dress is beautiful!  You're beautiful!  Om my gosh!"  She was practically bouncing up and down on the spot, and she clapped like a little girl.
"Get out of my way! I'm a free spirit!"
FOREVER WILL NEVER BE LONG ENOUGH.
"And now I understand a phrase I once thought odd;
I guess to love another person is to see the face of God."

Sky

Sky nearly toppled over as her friend hugged her, surprising her.

"Woah! Easy, I'm on heels!" She said and then laughed, her hugging her back. "Thank you. You really think so?" She twirled slowly, so she get get a full view of the dress. "I don't usually like these kind of things, but I guess I have to make an exception." She looked over Stacey's dress, grinning. "That, my friend, is a gorgeous color on you. You look great. Especially after just having twins." An ordinary person probably wouldn't even know she had kids unless they saw the two little squirts themselves.

potter_fan122

Stacey snorted and rolled her eyes a little bit.

"Puh-lease!  I have this weird thing that sucks in my stomach, so I won't look like I just had two kids.  But you look gorgeous! As in, Jason's an extremely lucky guy." She clapped her hands together again, still bouncing. 

"Oh, and you might want to watch out.  I think he keeps trying to sneak over here.  Hey!  What time does the ceremony start?  You're going to be late!"

Sky

"Um...seven?"

Seven. It was seven 'o' clock now. She was late. "We better go or Jason's going to think I stood him up." She looked once more in the mirror. Here we go Sky.

((Short. =/))

potter_fan122

"Well, let's go, then!" She exclaimed, grabbing Sky's arm and starting towards the door. 

"I can't believe you're finally getting married!  I was feeling pretty old there for a while, being pregnant and all," She chattered, still ushering her friend.

((Me too, but now you have to describe the actual wedding. =) ))

Sky

"Which is funny," Sky added as she rushed down the ever changing staircases, "because I think I'm older than you." They reached the bottom in silence, needing the extra air to get them to the lake. Let's face it. Sky hadn't gone running in awhile and was a little out of shape. But even so, she was able to get to the lake with no problem.

She couldn't have asked for a better day to be her wedding day. The sun was just beginning to set, casting a warm pink glow across the sky. There wasn't a cold bitter wind or snow. Not even a hint of possible rain. It was perfect. Even if it did rain, it would still be perfect for her. There weren't any decorations, just nature itself. Sky wanted it to be simple. After all, it would just be her, Jason, and their guests of choice. They didn't have any family to attend.

A man, maybe around sixty-five, stood at the point of the lake where the grass just meets the sand. His long purple cloak just barely touching the ground. He held a book in his hand and pushed his glasses back up his nose. He would be the one marrying them. But Sky didn't even notice this man, because her eyes fell directly onto the one standing near him, facing the lake. She had not a doubt in her mind that this was her destiny.

potter_fan122

Stacey silently followed Sky, grinning the whole way.  She loved weddings, and her friend's would be nothing short of spectacular, even if it was just a simple thing outside.

As they went outside, Stacey moved in front of Sky a little and turned to face her.

"Good luck, and all that jazz, Sky.  I know that you guys will be really happy together." She winked, then turned back to the guys.

~~~

Jason bounced up and down on the balls of his feet.  His blue-grey eyes drifted over to the horizon, where the setting sun cast out a soft pink glow.  It was seven.  Where was she?  She was coming, right?  Of course she was, it was Sky, after all.  She wouldn't just leave him there.

He ran his hands through his hair and glanced back to the sun.

*Seven-o-one,* he thought to himself just as two people emerged from the school.  A grin spread across his face before they even became distinguishable. It was her.  Carefully he folded his hands in front of himself and watched her appraoch, smiling the whole time.

*I'm finally getting what I wanted.*

Sky

"Thank you...Stacey." Sky smiled at her friend as she turned away. She was glad to have a friend like her. To share this special day with her. They finally came to the lake and Sky took her place beside Jason, grinning from ear to ear. In several moments, she would be somebody's wife.

"Would the couple like to begin with vows? Miss Mason?" 
Sky nodded at the Priest's request and turned to face Jason, sucking in a breath before speaking.

"You and I, we've been through a lot in our lives. We've lost our families, learned to grow by ourselves. We've learned how to reject and push away, to feel nothing, and when we do feel, its raised by hundreds. We've made our mistakes, scarred by our pasts. But...everything is changing now. Since I've met you, Jason, I've learned to open up a little more. I've learned that mistakes cannot be taken back, we can't change our past. But our future's can be altered by what we do.

"I guess what I'm trying to say is that through the mistakes, through the past events, even whatever happens in the future, I will always and forever love you. I will love you until my dying breath. You have my heart, Jason."

potter_fan122

Jason watched Sky as she spoke, his eyes shining.  He scanned her face, then settles for staring into her eyes.  She looked so innocent then, so perfect and free.  Like nothing could ever be the matter again.

When she finished, she Priest looked at him, but he didn't look back.  He felt the urge to reach his hand forward and stroke her cheek, to lean forward and kiss her.  But that's not what he was supposed to do, so he spoke.

"Sky, you have completely changed my life in ways that I never imagined you would.  From the first time I met  you I knew that you were someone differnt- someone special- and you are.  You've become the thing that keeps me going every day.  You are the reason I want to make something of every day.  You have done more for me than you could ever know, and I never knew that I could feel this way for you.

"I know that we've been though a lot together, but I want you to know that I would go through it all a hundred times over if it meant I could be with you.  I would do absolutely anything you wanted or needed me to.  Because you have my heart."

He shrugged a little at the end, not quite sure if what he said made sense or if it conveyed the things he wanted it to.  He hadn't planned his vow, he decided to just talk, and hopefully the right things would come out.

Sky

The priest smiled and then faced Jason, speaking loudly and clearly.

"Jason Mitch, do you take this woman to be your lawfully wedded wife; in sickness and in health, for rich or for poor?" He motioned toward Sky.

potter_fan122

((That post was SOO amazing.  ;) ))

"I do." He replied.

Sky

"Sky Mason, do you take this man to be your lawfully wedded husband; in sickness and in health, for rich or for poor?"

"I do." Sky said, looking to the man beside her.

"Then I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride!"

potter_fan122

Jason's smile widened as soon as he heard the words come from the Priest's mouth.  Without waiting for him to finish he leaned forward and pressed his lips against hers, wrapping his arms around her in a tight embrace.

Sky

SKy didn't even mean to, but tears were streaming down her cheeks as she felt his arms around her and him kissing her. She was his wife, and he her husband. Something she never imagined. And at the age of 19. Wow.

"I love you." She said. "So, so much." She touched his cheek and smiled. "Oh, I have something to tell you."