News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

••A Simple Little Ceremony ••

Started by Sky, November 6, 2010, 11:50:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

potter_fan122

Jason squeezed Sky once before relaxing his arms around her and leaning back to look into her face.

"What, love?" He asked, raising an eyebrow.  Her tone made him curious, but he couldn't imagine that she would tell him something bad right now.
"Get out of my way! I'm a free spirit!"
FOREVER WILL NEVER BE LONG ENOUGH.
"And now I understand a phrase I once thought odd;
I guess to love another person is to see the face of God."

Sky

"I received this from an owl the other day. From my doctor."
Sky awkwardly pulled a folded up photo from the only storage unit in her dress and handed it to Jason. Then she took his free hand and placed it on her stomach.

There was a letter included with the ultrasound photograph. A note explaining that during the events of the recent visit, it was hard to find the embryo and the baby was presumed dead. But during the last check up, sure enough, the child was alive and well.

potter_fan122

Jason scanned the note, then had to reread it to understand what it meant.  His hand felt heavy on her stomach, and when the message finally clicked he looked down to it.

"You're... pregnant?" He whispered, a half-smile forming on his face.

Sky

She didn't want anyone to hear, so she nodded.

"Actually, I've been. I thought we lost it. But...it's still here." She bit her lip then looked up at her husband. "Can you believe it?"

potter_fan122

"Wow, this is amazing," he murmured, shaking his head slightly. "Do you know what it-" He was cut off by Stacey, who rushed up to them with her hands clasped in front of her mouth.  Her eyes were bright and a big smile stretched across her face.

"Congratulations, you guys!" She gushed, bouncing again on the balls of her feet.

Sky

"Thank you!" Sky exclaimed, pulling her friend into a hug. She was still smiling even after releasing her. Her cheeks were rosy from all of the evening's excitement. "Thank you for doing this for me. You know you could have brought the family." Sky looked up at Jason and smiled at him.

potter_fan122

Stacey returned the hug, then waved her hand dismissively as Sky mentioned the family.

"I knew I could have, but they woul dhave just been a distraction, and I know you just wanted a simple little thing. My mom is watching them. You guys going on a honeymoor later?" She asked, raising an eyebrow.

Jason watched Sky carefully, smiling back at her. "Of course, but it's a surprise." Of course, now he would have to change a couple plans now that he knew that Sky was pregnant, but that was okay. "Actually, we'd probably get going if we want to be there on time..."

Sky

A surprise? She didn't even think about planning a honeymoon. Then again, she's had other thoughts going through her head. Other plans she had to make and consider. She grinned.

"Be where on time?"
She said, trying to squeeze an answer out of him.

potter_fan122

Jason shook his head and took her hand.
"Not telling. You'll see when we get there." He squeezed her fingers and looked to her friend.

Stacey grinned, bouncing once more. She clapped her hands together and nodded to herself.
"I guess that's my que to leave.  Okay, bye guys, and congrats again."

((Blegh.))