News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

Gryffindor House

Started by tulasi, November 15, 2010, 05:01:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tulasi

When he is sorted into Gryffindor House, he becomes fast friends with classmates Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger, and foils Voldemort's attempt to steal the Philosopher's Stone. He also forms a rivalry with characters Draco Malfoy, a classmate from an elitist wizarding family, and the cold, condescending Potions master, Severus Snape, Draco's mentor and the head of Slytherin House. Both feuds continue throughout the series.

neon beer signs
share accommodation

frenkiejackson

Gryffindor is one of the four Houses of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft . Its emblematic beastly is the lion, and its colours are scarlet and gold. Minerva McGonagall is the a lot of contempo Head of House. Sir Nicholas de Mimsy-Porpington, aswell accepted as "Nearly Headless Nick" is the abode ghost. The accurate characteristics of acceptance Sorted into Gryffindor are adventuresomeness and chivalry.

Voldemort

But you must also realise that the reason Harry and Malfoy is NOT that of they were chosen to be in different houses, it is that Harry knew that malfoy was no good when malfoy said, and i quote from the book

"I'd be careful if I were you, potter," he said slowly. "Unless your a bit politer you'll go the same way as your parents. They didn't know what was good for them, either. You hang around with riffrafflike the Weasleys and that Hagrid, and it'll rub off on you."
Both Harry and Ron stood up.
"Say that again"Ron, said, his face as red as his hair.
"Oh, your going to fight us, are you?" Malfoy sneered
"Unless you get out now," said Harry, more bravely than he felt, because Crabbe and Goyle were a lot bigger than him or Ron.
"But we don't feel like leaving now, do we, boys? We've eaten all our food and you still seem to have some."

You know what happens next but I beleive if you look back you can always see what I mean. Or if you would like to see if that was the first close encounter if you like.

Case Closed