News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

[revival]

Started by potter_fan122, December 6, 2010, 04:30:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

potter_fan122

The air was crisp and clean, sharp in the cold.  A soft dusting of fine snow covered the spiky grass. Andy stood at the edge of the lake, wand held in front of him, ready to work.  He was bundled up with a thick pair of wool pants over skinny jeans, a bright red scart showing out of his ducky grey pea coat.  His face was set and unmoving, not seeming to be affected by the bitter cold air that surrounded him.  He wasn't moving at all, honestly.  Grey-blue eyes stared out across the still water, watching something only he could see. 

Anyone looking out at him might have thought he was crazy or frozen.  No one was outside; there were hundred of warm fireplaces and hot drinks inside. But Andy didn't want to go inside.  He much prefered the quiet out here, even if it was cold.  He had no one he could talk to, no one who would listen and care, at least.  Being in a mellow mood, he had decided against staying around his so-called friends.  He wanted to be with someone who would actually care about what happened, who would care about the things he cared about.

It didn't seem like there would ever be anyone like that.

((Open to the girlies.))
"Get out of my way! I'm a free spirit!"
FOREVER WILL NEVER BE LONG ENOUGH.
"And now I understand a phrase I once thought odd;
I guess to love another person is to see the face of God."

Sky

Across the lake was a girl, a fifth year, sitting on a huge rock that was more like a tiny island. Her legs were pulled up to her chest, her arms tightly wrapped around them as her chin rested on top of her knees. Her chestnutty brown hair fell into her face, but her dark dark blue, green eyes were still visable to peer out into the water, which had begun to freeze around the edges. Emma watched as a duck walked along the ice, its webbed feet smacking it with every step.

She exhaled, a foggy breath of air escaping her cold pink lips. She was cold, but was more willing to accept the bitterness of the cold than to hide away in her dorm, where she would avoid everyone if she could help it. It was always best that way. At least she had her long black coat and gloves to protect her and give some kind of warmth. Good thing she chose boots today too. She would have to send her Mother a thank you letter when she had the chance.

Her eyes found a figure. Directly across the lake was a boy. Emma thought she was the only one here. Who would want to be out here when they could be inside laughing away with friends, drinking hot butterbeer, and enjoying the remainder of their weekend? Something nipped at Emma's curiosity, but she merely ignored it, eyes falling back to the duck.

potter_fan122

Andy, who nearly blended in with the dark spots between the trees, didn't notice the girl on the other side of the lake.  His scarlet scarf fluttered with a sudden gust of wind and he blinked a few times.  How long had he been standing there?  His fingers were pale and freezing; when he tried to move his left hand his fingers were stiff.  He shook his head slowly.

*Pay attention, you idiot.  Don't want any appendages falling off.*

He rolled his eyes to himself and flexed his right hand.  With a small smile he lifted his wand and left hand-like a conductor might.  A gold ribbon slowly formed at the tip of his wand and floated gracefully towwards the hard earth.  Softly Andy started to hum to himself, nodding along to the music on his head.  The shimmering strand glittered in the soft winter light, slowly growing.  As the strand grew longer it twisted in the air, making shapes.  By the time the space of a minute had passed the outline of a golden bird floated in front of Andy.  With a small smile he flicked his wand and it flew off across the lake.

Sky

Emma watched as the golden ribbons rose from across the lake. It looked so beautiful with the white from the snow and green pines. And than a bird flew towards her. The same color as the rest of the shapes that kept showing up. She held out her hand to it, but when it touched it, it disappeared into a bunch of golden particles, vaporizing in the sky.

She frowned for a moment, but then smiled, still staring across the lake at the show.

potter_fan122

Andy sighed when he felt the charm fade.  Charms were his specialty. He was god at those, and nobody could tell him how to make them better.  People were amazed by his creations, not scoffing at them.

Finally he noticed the girl across the lake.  She was sitting huddled on a big rock.  And she had seen him make the bird.  For a moment he just stood there and watched her. His pale eyes stared across the water, just wacthing.  Then he shuffled his feet and started to walk over there.  For some reason he felt sort of.. ashamed that she had seen him.  He didn't like to show weakness, and it just seemed like he did.

Sky

What was he doing? Was he coming over here? No, he couldn't. People were always at risk around Emma. Sure, she went to classes all day, but in the school, there was supervision. Here, it was just them and nature. If something were to happen, nothing could be done to protect him.

Emma slid off of the rock, prepared to flee, but it was too late. He was well on his way here now. She sighed and clinched her fists, waiting.

potter_fan122

Andy soon reached the rock.  He walked a lot faster than most people, with his long legs and strides.  He slowed when her got closer, not wanting to seem pushy.

"Hey, what are you doing out here?  Aren't you cold?" His questions might have seemed agressive, but he spoke with a soft, open tone, letting her feel free to answer.

((EHBLEH.))

Sky

Emma quickly put her hands in her pockets.

"Oh, hello. I just kinda wanted to get out. You know? I'm cold, but beats being in the castle doing nothing, I suppose. What about you?" Her hair was messy and she went to fix it.

potter_fan122

Andy nodded slowly, putting his hands in his pockets as well.  He could understand what she was saying; he was out here for the same reason.

"The same.  I just wanted to get away, you know?"

Sky

She looked back at the giant castle that was the background to all of the scenery. She knew exactly what he was saying.

"Everyone's in there laughing and having fun. But I don't understand what can be so fun that you have to scream about it." She had an image of a group of girls in her dorm as she prepared to leave, screaming and giggling over something as they sat in their pajamas. She shook her head, pushing it from her mind.

"That was some interesting magic that you were doing...over there."

potter_fan122

Andy loked over her head to the huge castle that was his prison.  He would do anything to get out of this place.  He just didn't see the point of being at school anymore.  At first he didn't hear the rest of her words, but slowly they sank in.  His eyes drifted back to her face.  She looked younger than him, fith year, most likely.  Maybe she was trying to flirt with him or something.  Whatever it was, he wasn't in the mood for more screaming girls.

*Although she did say something about no screaming...*

"Thanks.  Not that hard, really.  Just a simple charm."  He twitched suddenly, remembering that no, it was not a simple charm.  Not for most people, anyway.  It was easy for him because he had practiced it many times.  He didn't even remember the spell for it anymore, he just thought and it was there.

With a sigh he shook his head.  "Sorry, I'm Andy."

Sky

"Emma." She said, but softly. A friendly tone. She still kept her hands in her pockets though. She didn't want him to see her clenched hands. She was scared to be out her now, around him. He could easily trigger something in her and then she would transform and could hurt him. Something has changed though since she's been here. She's changed twice since she arrived, both away from people, both from the ignorance of the taking her potion due to distractions. But about the change, her form has been different at this school. It's...weird. She usually became this hideous monster, a horrible beast. But now, she was just herself, with wings, and a hostile way of being. It must have been a metamorphosis or the potion.

potter_fan122

Andy nodded slowly, shifting his weight and taking a half step back.  There was a weird vibe coming from Emma, like she was sick or something.

"Hey, are you okay?  You look sort of... unhealthy.  Do you want to go inside and get warm?" He asked, tilting his head a little to the side.  Emma reminded him of his sister, and her was concerned about her. 

Sky

She shook her head.

"I'm alright." She said. "I just have a...er...condition." Emma could see the concern in his eyes and smiled. "Don't worry. So are you a...seventh year?" She guessed, judging by how mature he looked. "I'm a fifth year in Hufflepuff, which seems to be the reject house." She laughed a little. Gryffindor had the brave, Ravenclaw had the smart, and Slytherin had the mean. It seemed like Hufflepuff was what was left over.

potter_fan122

He shook his head slowly, looking her over.  She didn't look too great, but he supposed she didn't look too bad, either.

"Sixth," he replied to her question, "And I'm Slytherin.  Don't quite seem to fit in, though, you know?  Not big on the whole evil thing." He gave a sideways smile, hoping she didn't think he was a total freak or anything.