News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

Last Chance

Started by Sky, December 26, 2010, 12:54:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

potter_fan122

Now Alice felt like she had been slapped.  No, the pain she felt was worse than that.  This was worse than any other pain she had ever know.  It was worse than being bit two hundred and eleven years ago.  It was worse than the pains of going without blood.  This was the worst.  It felt like Seth had reached into her chest and pulled her heart out of her chest.  A physical pain formed and the silently gasped, her mouth gaping open.

"Wh--what?" She breathed, unable to speak louder.  She didn't realize that she was shaking all over, even as she raised her hands and put them on Seth's shoulders.  She had never felt so weak.

"But...you can't!  You, you changed my life, you're...my husband.  I love you."  Her eyes were glassy, but she was way too shocked to cry.  This could not be happening, not to her.
"Get out of my way! I'm a free spirit!"
FOREVER WILL NEVER BE LONG ENOUGH.
"And now I understand a phrase I once thought odd;
I guess to love another person is to see the face of God."

Sky

"I kissed Avalee." Seth said suddenly, looking up at Alice. "She was hurt. I was too. It just happened." He picked up her hands and helped her onto the bed next to him so that they were level with each other.

"You are the best thing to happen to me, but I have to wonder, is the feeling mutual? I guess what I'm trying to say is...oh screw it. I'll just get to the point." He leaned forward.

"It's me or him, Alice."

potter_fan122

If it seems possible, her eyes got wider.

*He kissed Avalee. He kissed her.  Why?  Because I made him hurt.  And he wants me to choose.*

"I...can't do that Seth.  How am I.... how can you say that?  You are the best thing that's ever happened to me.  It's becausse of you that I'm human.  I mean... you're the reason I'm alive."

Sky

"I said pick. It's me or Axel. I'm not going to sit here and waste our time. If you're more interested in him, then fine. But tell me now instead of making me hurt more later, okay? Can you do me that much?"

potter_fan122

It was extremely selfish of her, but she knew what she had and wanted to do.  It would tell her, and be her answer.

"Okay, I can do that.  But...there's something I need you to do for me.  You might hate me for it, but I need it to happen."  She put her colds hands on either side of his face and looked into his deep eyes.

*I'm going to hate myself for this.*

"I need you to take all of your anger and your hatred towards me, and I want you to kiss me," she whispered, dead serious.

Sky

There was no second thought about it. Seth pulled her into him and kissed her with everything he had. Anger, hurt, everything. But he had no hatred towards her whatsoever. He could never hate her. After all, she didn't hate him after Axel supposedly died. How could he hate her now?

potter_fan122

The kiss was great.  It felt so...wonderful to kiss him like that again, after the last week or so.  The passion it held was unreal.  But there was something off about it.

When the kiss ended Alice pulled back slightly and opened her eyes.  Suddenly she didn't want him to look her in the eye.  She didn't want him to see.  He would do anything for her, but she couldn't do this to him.  She moved off of the bed before he could react and moved to the window.  She pressed her hand against the glass, and for a moment she couldn't tell the difference between glass and skin.

"Holy $h!t," she whispered.

Sky

Seth just shook his head as Alice pressed herself against the glass. So that was that.

"I see." He said quietly. He looked at her sadly, painfully, and found that he couldn't bring himself to look at her. Was this really happening? Really, truely? Was it possibly a nightmare? No. It wasn't. This was full on reality.

potter_fan122

"I'm sorry," she said softly, crying now.  "I'm so, so sorry.  I never meant for this to happen.  I thought...I thought that we would always be happy together.  I, I never wanted to hurt you."

Sky

Seth held up his hand to stop her. He didn't want to hear her cry. That tore him apart.

"We can arrange for paperwork this week. See what we can do." He said. "Well, at least my parent's will be happy, knowing they were right."

potter_fan122

Alice shook her head to herself.  She seemed to be doing that a lot today.

"Yeah, they never liked me much," she spit.  "At least they'll know I won't kill you."

Sky

Seth lay back on the bed, sprawled out and staring at the ceiling. He turned toward her and watched her, making himself no matter how hard it was.

"Kiss me." He said. "Like I kissed you. Take every emotion you have in you." He wanted at least a final kiss to remember her by.

potter_fan122

She slowly turned to face him, sillouetted by the bright moonlight outside.  She could read his mind--something she usually didn't do--but his thoughts were practically yelling at him.  He wanted one last kiss.

After standing there for a moment she crawled on the bed beside him, then leaned over his body.  Gently she stroked the sides of his face with her cold hands.  Then she leaned forward and gently brushed his lips, barely touching. 

"I will always love you, you know," she breathed into his mouth, then kissed him with everything she had.