News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

running out of time [3, 2, 1]

Started by potter_fan122, December 29, 2010, 12:31:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

potter_fan122

((Axel rawr.))

She had to leave.  She couldn't stay in the same house as him after what happened.  It would have been weird, really weird.  So she promised she'd be back tomorrow to get some of her things and left.  Unfortunately, there were a fewt hings wrong with that little plan.  One, she had nowhere to go and nothing to do.  Two, she was still wearing her short and sleeveless dress she had put on for dinner.  Luckily she had grabbed a coat on her way out the door;  unfortunately,  it was Seth's coat she took.

But none of that mattered now.  She couldn't think straight, and so she ran.  Her feet pounded against the ground.  She had had the sense trade her heels for ennis shoes before she left, but that was about the only smart thing she had done.  She had almost no money on her, no friends she could go to, and nothing to do.  Not only that, but it was freezing outside and half of her legs were exposed to the elements.

Running seemed like the best option.  It kept her blood flowing, and it took her mind off things.  She wasn't as fast as she used to be, but fast enough.  Running as a human was different than running as a vampire.  For one, she kind of needed to breathe now.

Someone she managed to make it to the forest, but no further than a tiny clearing a few yards in.  There, she collapsed and promptly started sobbing.  What had her life turned into?
"Get out of my way! I'm a free spirit!"
FOREVER WILL NEVER BE LONG ENOUGH.
"And now I understand a phrase I once thought odd;
I guess to love another person is to see the face of God."

Sky

There was a small whine coming from the trees. A black wolf stepped out, watching Alice with sad sky blue eyes, making its way over. It's giant paws left tracks in the snow behind it. The black creature sat beside her and leaned against her, then transformed into Axel's human self. He wrapped his arms around her and held her while she sobbed, stroking her hair and her back, whispering that it will be alright with a soft, soothing tone.

What had he done? He knew. He knew without even having to ask, that this was about her and Seth. Their marriage was ruined. It was his fault.

potter_fan122

Alice wrapped her arms around him, positive who it was.  She tried to stop the tears, but found that she couldn't.  How could her life turn so bad so quickly?  Her life had been so perfect....

"I'm sorry," she whispered, trying to dry the wetness from her cheeks.  "I shouldn't be doing this.  I'm sorry." She started to pull away, sniffling.

Sky

"Don't apologize." He whispered. "I've got you." Axel pulled her back gently. "Let it out. Just let it out." He took his hand and carefully wiped the tears that were falling. But they kept coming. Still though, he would keep wiping them away.

potter_fan122

Alice burried her head in his shoulder and slowly shook her head.  What was he doing here with her?  Should he be her with her?  Shouldn't he be celebrating his return with her?

"Why are you here?" She asked softly, pulling back enough to look him in the eye.  Now that there had been a tidal wave of tears, then were slowing down.  They would stop soon, she hoped.  Crying was not something she took pleasure in.

Sky

Axel continued to rub her back, trying to comfort her. He knew that question was coming.

"Someone needed me." He said simply. Well, he actually had nowhere else to really be. And he missed the forest. This was where he felt most alive. This was the wolf in him. This was like a home to him. But, he also knew Alice would come here sometime or another.

potter_fan122

Alice pushed herself away from him--somehow managing to stand up--and started pacing.  Her hands alternated wiping tears from her face to running through her messy hair.  There seemed to be so much energy in her, but she was exhausted at the same time.

"But...why are you here?  Shouldn't you be with Avalee at your house or somthing?  Having a nice little party over your return?"  Her voice was sharp, but she didn't intend for it to be.  There was an intense hatred towards the girl that she couldn't explain.

Sky

Axel shook his head.

"I don't want a party for me. There's nothing to celebrate. This wasn't even supposed to happen." He watched her pace back and forth for some time, repeatedly stepping into previous tracks.

"I've changed. Everything about me has. I don't remember how I felt six months ago."

potter_fan122

Alice stopped walking.  Instead she stared at the ground and chewed the inside of her cheek.

"You were in love with Avalee.  So, so in love.  You were so happy with her, it was ridiculous."  She closed her eyes.  Why was she even saying this.  Was she... jealous?  No, no.  Of course not...

"And I was so in love with Seth.  Things were beyond perfect, and now.."  She clenched her teeth together until in hurt, refusing to start crying again.

Sky

"I do love Avalee. But I'm not sure what kind of love that really is anymore. It's been like six months. I just don't remember what it was like." He stood up and walked over to her, seeing the hurt in her sad blue eyes.

"And you do love Seth. If it weren't for me, things wouldn't have gone downhill like they have. So I've decided that I'm leaving in the morning. I'm going to America. I don't belong here."

potter_fan122

Her mind was spinning.  He said that if he hadn't come, things would have been fine.  Alice wasn't sure, but she thought that was a lie.  Things would have ended sooner or later.  If she had stayed, she would have just made excuses and Seth would have let her.  That's just how he was.  Axel just made the process quicker, which was probably better.

But he was leaving?!

"What?!  No, you aren't!  I won't let you, okay?  You know I won't."

Sky

"You can't stop me. I'm going and that is that. I don't care what you are, I will make sure I leave and give you guys the lives you want." Axel didn't even realize he had his hands clenched. He didn't want to leave but he knew it was best.

potter_fan122

"No."

Alice moved quickly, and instantly she could feel strength pumping through her.  She had pinned him against a tree, pressing him in place with her own body, her face close to his.

"You can't leave me.  Not again.  Not after what happened with Seth."  It was a low blow, but she hoped it would work.

Sky

Axel was suddenly up against a tree with Alice pushing against him, holding him in place. She was stronger than he remembered, but he could bust free if he really had to.

"This is for the better." He said. He let his voice drop to a whisper. "I'm telling you. I'm no good."

potter_fan122

"I don't believe that for a second.  I've seen the bad, Axel.  I've been the bad.  You fell in love with Avalee.  You used to love me.  You made me forget Seth and save me from killing myself when he left.  You. Are. Good."