News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

running out of time [3, 2, 1]

Started by potter_fan122, December 29, 2010, 12:31:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sky

Axel frowned.

"Now we both know that isn't true." He didn't understand. Was it something he did? Did he say the wrong thing? "Alice, please...."

potter_fan122

Alice sniffled again and wiped more tears from her face.  Why was she crying so much today?  She didn't think she could ever cry like this.

"I just don't know what's going on, okay?  All I know is that everybody seems mad at me, and it's bothering me a lot more than it usually does and I'm crying and I just feel so lost."  She quickly rolled over so she was lying facedown on the bed, hiding her face.
"Get out of my way! I'm a free spirit!"
FOREVER WILL NEVER BE LONG ENOUGH.
"And now I understand a phrase I once thought odd;
I guess to love another person is to see the face of God."

Sky

Axel laid down beside her and rubbed her back, his mouth by her ear.

"I'm not mad at you." He said softly. "I know things seem crazy. Things are crazy. But you know, it happens. We can't control it."

potter_fan122

"That's the thing--I should be able to control it!  I've be in control for two centuries, and suddenly everything's different again.  I can't take it."  She stayed where she was, but she balled her hands into fists and pressed them against the side of her head.

*And I'm alone.*

When she was changed into a vampire, she had no idea what had happened.  There had been a male vampire who saved her from her sire, and she had grown to love him.  But then he was murdered.  She was left to find her way through the world all alone, until she found Seth.  Now she was back to nobody.

Sky

Axel pulled her fists from her head and pulled her up.

"Look at me!" He said. "Look. at. me. You are not alone. I'm here, and I'm here to stay. I will never let you be alone." Axel pressed his lips to hers before she could fight his words.

potter_fan122

She had one moment of surprise, then she relaxed against his touch.  Did he mean his words?  God, she hoped so.  She didn't think she could stand it if he didn't.

A few moments later when she pulled away from the kiss she brushed her hand against his cheek.

"Thank you.  For coming here with me.  For not leaving.  For coming back.  For helping me when Seth left to take care of his mom.  For... everything."

Sky

"You're welcome. Just remember that I'll always be here. I left once, but I'm not leaving you again. This is my promise." He held out his pinky.

potter_fan122

Alice couldn't help but smile as he help out his little finger.  She quickly lifted her own and wrapped it around his.

"You don't have to promise me that, Axel..." She said slowly, not letting go of his hand.  But oh, she wanted to believe in what he said so much.

Sky

Axel kept his pink intertwined with hers, still just as serious as before.

"I want to." He said. "I don't have to, but I want to." He bit his lip as he looked at their joined hands.

potter_fan122

Alice also looked down at their hands.  She felt so warm around him, like he was her own sun.  Like earlier, she had the sensation that this was wrong, that she should be trying to talk to Seth, but this just felt so right to her.  So...well, perfect.

"Axel...I don't want to be kept waiting, I really don't.  You know how impatient I am.  This... this is just going to work if you keep me waiting for a long time."

Sky

Axel wanted to be with her. He did. But he didn't want Avalee to hate him. He did care for her, he really did. But what they had wasn't built to last. He let go of her hand and lifted her chin, closing his eyes and breathing slowly. He thought about what could happen, and what would happen, and then he pressed his lips against hers.

potter_fan122

She returned the kiss, and for a moment she allowed her self to pretend that she was in a different situation.  That today hadn't happened, and they were together like they used to be--like she wanted them to be still.

After a moment she pulled away, hopefully staring into his eyes.  "So what does this mean?"

Sky

"This means," Axel breathed. "that I love you."

potter_fan122

Alice watched him for a few more moments, then her face lit up with a smile.  She wrapped her arms around his neck and pulled him into a tight hug.  This was wrong to do so soon after what happened with Seth, but she didn't care.

You couldn't tell your heart what to do.

Sky

Axel smiled, and brought his arms around her, returning the hug. He buried his head in her neck and could only keep smiling. He told himself he didn't want a relationship, but the truth was that he did. For a long time.