News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

running out of time [3, 2, 1]

Started by potter_fan122, December 29, 2010, 12:31:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sky

Axel closed his eyes and thought back to everything that had happened. Memories were flashing through his mind. Feelings were being fitted like pieces of a puzzle. And then he got the picture.

"I think...I love you." He said softly. "I think I have always have, but never realized it until now."

potter_fan122

Alice lifted one hand to his cheek and realized how close she was to him.  Her body was pressed against his in a...distracting way.  And what did he just say?

"You do?" She breathed?
"Get out of my way! I'm a free spirit!"
FOREVER WILL NEVER BE LONG ENOUGH.
"And now I understand a phrase I once thought odd;
I guess to love another person is to see the face of God."

Sky

Axel opened his eyes and nodded.

"I do." He said.

potter_fan122

She swallowed slowly, her eyes scanning his face.

"How do you know?  And...why?"

Sky

"You bring out the best and the worst in me. We understand each other. We know what pain really is. And I realized that you're the missing piece of a puzzle that is my heart. It's not complete until you're there." He had a hard time explaining what he felt, but Axel tried.

"Do you understand?"

potter_fan122

She paused, letting the words sink in.  He loved her, he really did.  And she realized that she loved him.  A lot.

But she needed to check something.

"I need you to do something...if you could," she started softly.  Biting her lip she leaned forward and whipsered the same request she had asked Seth earlier.

Sky

"I thought you'd never ask." Axel said with a smirk. Only, he slid out from where he was and pinned Alice to the tree. His lips crashed onto hers without hesitation.

potter_fan122

*Wow,* she thought idly.

When the kiss ended she pulled back ever so slightly, and brilliant eyes searching his.  How did things get so turned around today?

"Are you still leaving?" She asked meekly.

Sky

Axel rolled his eyes.

"You think I was actually going to leave? Well...I thought about it until you pushed me into the tree. And then the kiss definitely said I was staying." Axel grinned.

potter_fan122

Alice returned the smile.  She ran her fingers through his hair to smooth it.  Her smile slowly faded, though, as she realized how cold she was.  Not cold as in vampire cold, but it was freezing out.

"Uhm, well that's all nice and everything, but is there somewhere we could go?  I can't go back home."  She took a small step back and motioned to her bare legs, the dress barely concealed by the coat she wore.  Her pale skin had darkened slightly since she became human, but right now she was so cold she felt like she matched the snow.

Sky

"Well...everything was given to Avalee. And I can't just go taking it back. I've been living on the streets, got a little money saved up. But nothing that can afford even a stay at an inn. So, I don't know." Axel shrugged and let his eyes drop to her legs. He took off his coat and gave it to her. It was long enough to go to her ankles and thick enough to warm her legs. He crossed his arms and pushed his foot against the tree.

potter_fan122

Alice pulled his coat tightly around her, wanting him to stay warm but knowing he would probably refuse to take it back.  She stepped closer to him in an attempt to lend her meager body heat to his.  Realistically it most likely worked the other way.

"Well, we can always sell these."

Her fingers went to her necklace.  It was a string of diamond hanging loosely around her neck.  It would be worth plenty; she could get more money tomorrow, but it would do for tonight.  The necklace was her own, not a gift, and she really didn't care about getting rid of it.  Honestly, Axel probably would have been fine outside overnight.  He could turn into a wofl and stay warm.  Alice probably would have been fine, too.  Her vampiric ability to resist temperature changes still seemed to stick with her.  She just didn't want to stay out here, and she especially didn't want to leave Axel.

"Come on," she said, taking his hand and pulling him towards the direction of Hogsmead, "We need to sort some things out, and a warm environment will make it more bearable."

Sky

Axel took her hand and gently pulled it away from the diamond necklace.

"No, your not selling your necklace. We'll manage." Before he knew it, he was being led towards town.

"I suppose you're right. I'd rather speak in a place where I can't see my own breath."

potter_fan122

Alice looked back at Axel and smiled.

"I been here quite a while, I don't have a problem with selling some necklace if it means I can be warm."

((Skipping to later.....))

The room was small, but it would do.  There was a little fireplace, a wardobe, a small table with a chair, the bed, and a bedside table.  Other than that, the room was bare.  There was nothing on the walls or floor--save for a rug near the bed.  The Hog's Head may have gotten cleaned up a little, but they were by no means a very nice place to stay.

Still, it was warm, and that was really all that mattered currently.

Alice strode into the room without hesitation, flopping onto the bed and staring up at the ceiling.  Her dark hair was splayed around her like a dark halo.  She still had both Seth and Axel's coats on, and she suddenly felt too hot in the little room.

Sky

Axel stood near the window, watching as Alice layed down and stared at the ceiling. A smiled formed on his lips. He couldn't help it. It must have been the way Alice looked. He didn't even know why he was smiling. But something brought him back to reality and he lost the smile. This wasn't right. She was newly divorced. He had just came back to town. They shouldn't be sharing a room.