News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

Absorbing My Surroundings... the hard way

Started by Crazy_About_You, January 3, 2011, 12:53:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crazy_About_You

For Zee being at Hogwarts was bittersweet. She loved the fact that she didn't have to be at home, and she loved being at a place where people didn't give her pitty stares; but she hated the fact that she had zero friends. Granted, she used to like when nobody knew her name, but considering nobody knew about her here she wished had someone for company.

Instead of sitting in her room and feeling bad for herself Zee decided to go for a jog to clear her head, and maybe even bump into somebody. She threw on a pair of sweats, a green t-shirt, and her pair of running shoes and set off.

As she walked out the door of her dorm she realized a jacket may of ben a good idea. The wind was howling and it was starting to snow. Deciding that she would rather rough it out then sit in her dorm she took off. As she ran she noticed that nobody was outside, instead of heading back like she should've, she kept running.

It started snowing heavier and heavier and the snow started to fog her vision. She lost track of where she was going and knew that she was lost. Her fingers started to go numb and her nose felt like ice. She didn't want to turn back, because she didn't want to get more lost. She suddenly saw a small wooden shack and decided to step inside, figuring that she could ride out the storm till it got a little clearer.
"You have to belive in something or you will fall for anything."

Sky

"Isn't it a bit senseless to go running without a jacket?" Said a voice.

Emma, the one who spoke, was a fifth year with long flowing hair that was a chestnut like brown. She was standing beside the shack. She had actually worn a flannel red jacket, buttoned up to just below her neck, but still felt cold. Her cheeks were pink from the biting wind and the harsh effects of Winter. Her eyes, blue with a bit of green mixed in, were dark, with shadows under her eyes. She looked as if she had been really stressed out for some reason.

She had to wonder, why would somebody would even come out this far? She thought this was a good safe point for her condition. People didn't usually bother to travel out this far from the school.

Crazy_About_You

Zepha was starting to shiver. Wow this was really dumb she thought. All of a sudden she heard a voice, something about her not wearing a jacket. She went to crack the door but it blew open and showered her in snow. She finally looked up and saw a girl who looked to be bout her age.

"Yeah," she sputtered "Senseless."  but then again it wasn't very smart to go running either. It seems that Zee was full of "smart" deciscions recently. She looked at the girl and noticed that she her cheecks were red from the cold.

"Care to join me?" she asked. She stuck out her numb fingers for a hand shake "My name is Zepha."

Sky

Emma bit her lip. Was it a good idea to go in there? She wasn't having anymore side effects from her condition, so the girl's safety wouldn't really be at risk. And...it wasn't everyday somebody asked Emma to do something with them, or even talk to her. Except for Andy that is. She finally nodded and held out her hand, grasping the girl's and shaking it.

"I'm Emma." She said with a small smile. "Let's get inside before you catch a cold." She suggested, gesturing towards the opened door.

Crazy_About_You

Hey Zepha thought, I'm not totally unaproachable. Besides her teachers Emma was the only the person to talk to her at Hogwarts and she apreciated it. 

She looked at the girl and asked "So what kind of craziness brings you to this side of the woods." Normally Zepha wouldn't talk to a stranger, even start conversation. But this, this was different. She was at a new place and was in desperate need of a friend.

She laughed a little then said "Personally, I enjoy freezing off all of my limbs, but thats just me".

Sky

"Oh...I just had to...er...get out." Emma said shortly. She couldn't tell Zepha the real reason. She couldn't risk telling her secret. Emma did smile at Zepha's comment though.

"Well, then I guess that explains the lack of jacket, huh?" She took off her coat and tossed it to her. She had a black sweater on, so she would be fine. "You're making me cold. Just put it on." Emma said, before the girl could refuse. After taking off her coat, she entered the shack, not expecting it to be as dark as it was in there. She took her wand out from her back pocket and held it out a little.

"Lumos."

Crazy_About_You

"Oh my goodness thanks!" Zepha said as she instantly put on Emma's jacket.

"Considering I know two people from here, and you just shed a light on this shack, and gave me your jacket, that makes you my best friend right now". She laughed a little then said "Congragulations"

Zee thought about how Emma said she had to get out. She began to wonder what crappy dorm she was in so she asked "What house are you in besty?"

Sky

Emma laughed.

"Well thanks. I feel so honored to hold such a position." She said. "And I'm in Hufflepuff. What about you?"

Crazy_About_You

(dude i just realized i wrote betsey.... i have no idea where that came from"

"Well... I'm in Ravenclaw. Its alright i guess"... She noticed that the wind was starting to die. Hopefully they would be able to get out in about an hour or so.

She needed to pass the time and Emma was her closest bet at that so she struck a conversation "So, what do I need to know about you". Being that Zee was socially aquard she wasn't sure how that sounded.