News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

YOU CAN'T HIDE.

Started by potter_fan122, January 5, 2011, 09:47:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

potter_fan122

It was quiet, which was a good sign.

Alice stood outside the house, an ear tilted towards the door.  She couldn't hear anything at all--but that might not mean that he wasn't there.  She really hoped he wasn't.  It would make things so much more complicated, and she honestly didn't know if she was ready to see him again.  Especially since she was still wearing her short black dress from the night before and Seth's coat.  She refused to wear Axel's on her trip here, but he probbaly understood.  She didn't need to smell even more like Seth's cousin when she knew full well he would know where she was last night.

With a sigh she opened the door and stepped inside.  Her steps and motions were quiet, but she didn't try to be silent.  He would hear her if he was here, and if he wasn't then there was nothing to worry about.  She pulled of her husband's coat and hung back where it belonged, leaving her tennis shoes on.  Slowly she walked towards the living room, peeking in just to make sure it was empty.
"Get out of my way! I'm a free spirit!"
FOREVER WILL NEVER BE LONG ENOUGH.
"And now I understand a phrase I once thought odd;
I guess to love another person is to see the face of God."

Sky

The first night without Alice was the worst. Laying in that bed of theirs felt so empty without her body beside Seth under the sheets and it was one of the few times he felt cold. He tossed and turned, hardly getting any sleep because his thoughts were all about what went wrong. He didn't know for sure. He was young though. And that was a big part of it. He was so eager to settle down, but it wasn't all it was cracked up to be.

The next day was a little less difficult, but the lack of sleep made it rough. At least it took away from Seth's concentration. He cleaned up a little, to give him something to do, and then poured himself a glass of vodka, settling down in the livingroom. Shortly after was when he heard her enter the house.

"Come back for your things, have you?"
He said, sensing her peeking into the room.

potter_fan122

Her eyes locked on him instantly, and she flinched when he spoke.  She thought that maybe she was imagining him, and he wasn't really there.  It's a bit harder to convince yourself of something like that when they talk to you.

"A few things, yes."

There were many harsh or sarcastic comments that she thought of and thought about saying, but she decided against it.  She looked at the back of his head for a moment, pretending that nothing had changed and things were like before.  She had just been so happy then.  Everything had been perfect--exactly what she wanted.

Now everything was ruined, because of her.

"I won't be very long.  I don't want to be in your way," she added softly, stepping towards the stairs.

Sky

"I don't think you'll be getting in the way of much." He said quietly, bring his glass to his lips and swallowing the liquid. He wiped his mouth with the back of his hand and just watched the wall across from him. It wasn't like Seth had plans to attend to or anything. He didn't have any other friends to hang with. Since he got married, he quit socializing.

Why did he get married?

potter_fan122

Alice stopped walking and watched Seth for another moment.  He was drinking.  That wasn't good.  Of course, what did she expect?  They were getting a divorce, after all.  What was there to be happy about?  She started to go up the stairs, but stopped again.  She wasn't one to ignore her thoughts; she'd been around to long to know the consequences.

"You shouldn't be drinking," she chastised softly in an open tone.

Sky

Seth didn't move, except to take a second sip, larger than the first. He let the liquid's taste remain on his tongue for a moment, and then set it on the table in front of him.

"I don't think you're necessarily the right person to tell me that. I don't need your advice." Seth said bitterly.

I don't need you is what he thought.

potter_fan122

She had to bite her tongue to keep from saying any of the many sarcastic comments that came to mind.  Instead she explored her anger for a moment.  Did she have a good reason for not wanting him to drink?  Yes.  Was she in the right place to tell him that he couldn't?  Absolutely not.  She couldn't just leave him there, though.  Not like this.  She still cared about him.  A lot.

"I was just worried about your welfare, but you're right.  I guess what happens to you isn't my concern anymore after all."

The words came out before she could stop them.  It's not what she wanted to say, but oh well.  Too late now.

Sky

Seth looked at her, his eyes a bit red from lack of decent sleep, shadows around his eyes like little bruises.

"Go on and get your things so your not late for your date with Axel." He said sarcastically.

potter_fan122

"I just don't get you," She burst suddenly, stepping back into the living room and glaring at the back of his head.

"I do one thing wrong and you get pissed, and then suddenly we're getting divorced and I'm outside in the cold because I can't face you.  I was outside for hours just walking around, because I left the house in such a hurry because I didn't want you to see me cry more that I forgot to get anything besides a coat.  I get it, okay?  You have a grudge against your cousin, and I put myself in the middle of it.  But you didn't have to jump to comclusions about everything."

Her words came out in a big rush, and she wasn't even thinking about what she said until she had said it.  There was a moment of silence and then she groaned.  This was not going like she planned at all.

Sky

Seth just stared at the glass, anger starting to course through him.

"But it's true, isn't it?" He said quietly. "You're with him now." He stood up and walked in front of Alice, staring her in the eyes. "You know what? I don't really care anymore. I could care less what you do and who you do it with. I don't care about anything."

potter_fan122

Alice stared him in the eye.  She had been around to long, in too many confrontations to back down.  She refused.  Even if it was different this time, she wouldn't back down.

"You can't tell me that.  Not after everything that's happened between us.  Love just doesn't end like that, and you can't even begin to tell me it does.  The mere fact that I'm here, breathing, means that love is something strong."

Sky

"If love were as strong as you say it is, Alice, then we wouldn't even be having this conversation. If love were that strong, we'd still have our rings on, we'd be happy and not going through this." Seth argued.

potter_fan122

"And out of the two of us, which one decided that we would be in this situation?"  Her voice was soft, barely a whisper.  She stood there for a moment more, then shook her head and turned away.

Sky

Seth had an almost pain expression, then he grabbed her hand.

"I do care." He said. "I care about the future, I care about the past, and I care about you. I care about what happens to you and what you do with your life. I care that I may never be a part of it again."

potter_fan122

"And who said that you wouldn't be?" Alice asked, turning back and flicking her dark hair over her shoulder.

"I didn't want this, Seth.  I'm not the one that mentioned divorce papers."