News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

YOU CAN'T HIDE.

Started by potter_fan122, January 5, 2011, 09:47:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sky

"You're in love with Axel. That struck me a little hard. I couldn't think straight. What exactly did you want, Alice?" He let go of her hand, letting his own swing back to his side. "Tell me."

potter_fan122

When he took his hand away it felt like she lost something important.  Like her only lifeline had fallen away.  How had all of this happened?  They had been so happy together for such a long time, and she ruined everything in less than a week.  What did she want, anyway?  She sure didn't know.

"I don't know," she mumbled, looking away.  "I want to be happy.  I want to be with someone that understands me.  I was so sure that person was you, but I just don't know anymore."  Alice started shaking her head.  "And I never said I was in love with Axel, either.  I... like him.  I do.  I even love him a bit, but I love you, too.  I can't just let that go."
"Get out of my way! I'm a free spirit!"
FOREVER WILL NEVER BE LONG ENOUGH.
"And now I understand a phrase I once thought odd;
I guess to love another person is to see the face of God."

Sky

Seth looked down. How could she not know? Did she just say that she loved him a little? His mind was going back and forth with thats.

"We can't keep doing this. You need to make up your mind because there's no going back after this."

potter_fan122

"Why am I the one that has to make up my mind?  I don't see what I did that's so wrong.  I told you what happened with Axel, but we could have worked through it. Instead, you push me away and I end up running right to him because I had nowhere else to go.  I'm not the one that kissed somebody and didn't confess to it," She countered loudly, her anger showing now.  Her eyes blazed, and for the first time in a while she really looked like the killer she was. 

She crossed her arms and looked at him expectanly.  She hadn't wanted to bring up Seth's kiss with Avalee, but it sort of came out.  Well now she wanted to know.  She confessed to kissing Axel, the least he could do was confess to kissing the girl.

Sky

"I kissed her because I wanted to know what you felt with Axel. I wanted to know if something felt different. I kissed Avalee for that reason, and that reason alone." Seth crossed his arms, still staring at the ground. "You're the one who has mixed feelings, that's why you are the one that needs to make up your mind."

potter_fan122

Alice made a noise like a growl and fell onto the couch, hiding her face in her arm.

"I told you, I don't know.  I don't know if we can work things out.  I don't know how Axel feels about me.  I'm not all that sure how you feel about me.  I don't know why I can't stay human.  I don't know anything."  Her voice cracked and she stopped talking, afraid that she would start crying yet again.

Sky

"You don't know how I feel about you?"

Seth sighed, and then sat down beside her, facing her, though she was hiding behind her arm.

"I love you. Nothing will ever change that. Whether things change and we go our separate ways, or don't. I'll love you until this," he took her hand and put it on the left side of his chest. "stops beating."

potter_fan122

Alice slowly sat up and looked at him, tears definately in her eyes now.

"But you don't understand.  It already has stopped beating.  It wasn't beating for two hundred years, Seth.  And I'm afraid it's going to stop again, and not in the normal way."  She paused a moment, not wanting to say what was happening to her own body.  "We thought I was a human again, and I'm not.  At least not all the way."

Sky

"I asked you to marry me before we found out you were changing, don't you remember? I'm in love with Alice. Not human Alice or...or vampire Alice." Seth said quietly.

potter_fan122

"But what happens if I change back?  All the way?"  She whispered.

This was actually one of her biggest concerns.  If she was a vampire, she would never age or anything, obviously.  Seth was human, so he would.  She didn't want to change him.  Being a vampire was a terrible, terrible thing, and she didn't want him to go through that.

Sky

Seth looked at her and smiled a little.

"I committed myself to you. I was willing to do anything to be with you, even become a vampire. And I am still willing if that is what it takes to be with you. I know the risks, but they don't matter."

potter_fan122

Alice looked down to her lap and reached for his hand.  Lacing her fingers with his, she felt a sort of calmness wash over her.

"Do you trust me?"  She asked, "With your life?"

((So whatcha want it to be?  Axel or Seth?  I don't care, either way.))

Sky

"I trust you." Seth said softly. "With every bit of it."

At that moment, Seth realized he almost lost what was most precious to him. Things would need to change around here. The way he acted especially. Maybe he was too soft. He squeezed her hand a little.

potter_fan122

Alice squeezed back.  This felt better.  She felt calm inside, and it was a feeling she could only feel around Seth.  She might have feelings for Axel--he made her feel wild and young--but Seth made her feel safe, and that was a feeling you never wanted to lose.

"Then that's all I can ask of you," She said softly, lifting her brilliant eyes to his.  She knew better; she loved him in a way that she could never love anyone else.  How had she ever thought different?

Sky

"I'm sorry." Seth whispered, playing with her hair, intertwining it around his fingers. He smiled as she looked up at him, meeting her gaze. He would stop there. He wouldn't go on and on about how he overreacted, how he kissed Avalee to see what it was like. All that mattered was that he had his other half right where he wanted her. Right her beside him.

"I love you." He finally said. "Forever and for always." He brought his lips to hers, sealing it all with a kiss.