News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

Play Till Your Heart is Healed (open)

Started by Crazy_About_You, January 22, 2011, 11:51:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crazy_About_You

Zepha stormed through the doors of Ravenclaw. She busted into the common room and colapsed in a heap on the couch. She was a bag full of mixed emotions and she didn't know what to do with herself.

She was homesick, she missed her mom and the way they used to talk for hours at night while watching crummy re-runs.

She was mad, no thats an understatment. She was pissed. She hadn't done anything since she arived here a month ago. The whole goal of coming to Hogwarts was to make a name of herself. Well nope she had done baisically the oposite. She was flunking tests left and right. She hadn't made a single friend, and even the lunch ladies seemed to hate her. She couldn't do anything right.

Suddenly a light shone on some dusty thing in the corner. It caught her eye so she went over and pulled off the old sheet. It was a piano. Suddenly she instantly felt better. Music was her life and she knew that playing this piano would be a good therapy for her. She didn't hesitate as she pulled out the bench and wiped the dust off with her hand. She slowly lowerd herself onto the seat and pulled up the lid. She rested her fingers on the keyboard for a moment, pondering over what song she would sing. She knew exactly what one.

She started to pluck out the first cord to one of her favorite songs, Boston. This song used to help her cope when she thought about her dad. She slowly started singing the lyrics...

In the light of the sun, is there anyone? Oh it has begun...
Oh dear you look so lost, eyes are red and tears are shed,
This world you must've crossed... you said...

You don't know me, you don't even care, oh yeah,
She said
You don't know me, and you don't wear my chains... oh yeah,

The more she played the louder she got. Suddenly she was singing in full fortisimo. Her voice was ringing out through the room, reverberating from wall to wall.

Essential yet appealed, carry all your thoughts across
An open field,
When flowers gaze at you... they're not the only ones who cry
When they see you
You said...

You don't know me, you don't even care, oh yeah,
She said
You don't know me, and you don't wear my chains... oh yeah,

She was getting more and more intense as the music poured out of her a small tear slid down her cheek. Wether this was a tear of joy or saddness or maybe even both she knew it was a start.
"You have to belive in something or you will fall for anything."

simple.3

Nathan had just finished his last class of the day. He slung his bag over his shoulder and started to walk back to Ravenclaw where he could finally finish his homework. As he aproached the doors he heard a muffled noise. He quickly stopped in his tracks and looked around. He couldn't see anyone so he shrugged it off and opened the doors.

As soon as he opened the door the muffled noise turned into music, loud music. He climbed the stairs, somewhat quickly, currious to what was ahead. As he opened aproached the door to the common room he could make out the song. It was Boston, one of his personal favorites. But he could tell it wasn't being played on a cd or something of that sort. The music was kinda off key and it was being sung by a girl. He wasn't sure wether he should enter or not so he peeked through the key hold. He saw a blonde girl with short hair that he didn't recognize. She was obvlivious to everything around her it apeared so he decided to enter. He figured if he walked through fast maybe he could get through with out her hearing.

He opened the door just wide enough for him to get through, it squeaked a little so he let it go. It banged shut and the girl suddenly stopped playing. Oh crap he thought now i'm going to have to make conversation. Something which he knew was not one of his strong suits.

Crazy_About_You

Zepha's heart stopped beating when she heard the door slam. She quickly pulled her hands up from the keyboard and took sucked in a deep breath. Oh no she thought How long have I been sitting here, how long has whoever heard me playing, who is behind me?

She tucked her hair behind her ear and wiped her face off then slowly turned around. She saw a tall, awkward looking boy who she didn't know. Was he in her house? She wasn't sure. All she knew was her mouth slowly turned to cotton.

Crazp Zee say something she thought, but she just couldn't pull out the words. For some reason someone finding her singing, in a vulnerable state made her return to the shy girl from home.  She just looked at him, wide eyed, not knowing what to do.

simple.3

The girl turned around and stared at him like a deer in headlights. She was sitting at, wait was that a piano when did Ravenclaw get a piano, her eyes swollen and her cheeks red. She had been crying and Nathan could tell.

He suddenely realized that he needed to say something. He finaly swallowed hard and said "Hey um, your pretty good at playing the pianno." 

He was impressed with himself, managing to say something sensible for once. He decided to talk some more [b]"Thats one of my favorite songs, Boston. Um, my name is Nathanial Cole. I'm guessing you are in Raven Claw, its weird i guess I never noticed you before."[/b]
Oh crap he thought Why did I say that... I was doing good untill I thought that

Crazy_About_You

Wow, impressive, some one else who hasn't noticed me. Zepha thought getting angry for a split second, and then realizing his sudden discomfort she understood it was an accident.

But he did compliment her singing, that was good. A baby step but good. She took the opurtunity, "Oh thanks, and yeah I'm new. I moved here about a month ago. My name is Zepha West."

She sucked in another breath then said "And really, Boston? Thats my favorite song too."

simple.3

Nathan read Zepha's mind, and was glad she understood. And he was making conversation.

He settled his stuff down on a nearby table and then walked over to Zepha. "It's nice to meet you" he said and then stuck out his hand.

He glanced at the piano "So, where did this come from? I've been here for years and I never noticed it."

Crazy_About_You

"Nice to meet you" she said. She rolled her shoulders back and then let out a breath. She felt so much better after playing the song, and now she was making conversation with a complete stranger.

"Well," she said walking over to the piano and brushing off a layer of dust, "I walked in and it sortof just caught my eye. I came to check it out and this is what I found." She then put down the lid and covered it back up with the sheet. She'd played it pretty hard, better let it rest. she thought.

All of a sudden, she too felt exauhsted. She walked over to the couch and settled her self down on its ragged old cushion. She looked up at Nathanial and then glanced at the other end, invinting him to join her.