News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

Being Drunk is a lot like you *open*

Started by Crazy_About_You, January 28, 2011, 11:01:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crazy_About_You

As soon as Zepha opened the door, the strong smell of alcohol hit her like wall. She could see lots of people gathered around the bar and started to walk in that direction.

She was only 17, but she needed to be somewhere else for a while. Just get out of her own head. It was the aniverseray of the day her dad decided to come home and she couldn't look at a clock or calander without falling into a strong flashback. Anyway she was hoping the bartender wouldn't look her over that well, she did look old for her age and figured she could pass.

She walked up to an empty barstool in the middle of the bar and sat down. She glanced at the bartender who was busy at the moment. All of a sudden she started to flash back and had to blink back the tears. She rubbed under her eye and noticed that her mascara was running. She noticed the barteneder walking her way.

"What'll it be?" he asked. Either he didn't care or wasn't looking that hard. She took the opurtunity and ordered herself a beer.

.... two hours later

Zepha's head was throbbing and she hardly couldn't see. She had never been this drunk before, hell she hadn't ever been drunk before, and she was learning how much it sucked. She started rubbing her head and took another huge drink of beer. She thought getting totally wasted would help her forget when actually it just made her think about it more.

As the bar started clearing out she looked around for a familiar face, she needed help.
"You have to belive in something or you will fall for anything."

potter_fan122

((Wasn't sure if this was open or not.  If it is--Yay!  If not, just ignore me. =) ))

Andy knew what being drunk felt like.

Everything was warm and fuzzy and happy.  Like a good dream or something.  Being drunk wasn't really that bad, until the alcohol started to wear off.  Of course, the longer you drank, the more it took for that warmness to overtake you.  He misssed the times when he could feel buzzed off half a butter beer.  Things had been so much more simple then. 

He had been in the Hog's Head for a while now.  The bartender was used to seeing him; and as long as people paid didn't care how old his customers were.  The old guy knew that Andy mostly just sat and thought while he drank, so he generally stayed away from him.  Andy sat in his usual spot in the corner, watching the rest of the room.  The corner was the best spot for obvious reasons, but it was also a little reclusive from the rest of the crowd and darker.

His blue-grey eyes were watching one particular girl.  It was often he kept special attention to females, for they were his specialty.  He liked watching and observing, and he was good at it.  He noticed a lot of things most guys overlooked, but he also knew how to talk.  And convincingly, at that.

Right now there was the girl at the bar, obviously drunk and confused.  She had been in the bar for quite a long time, and alone, too.  Most girls came in with a group of friends in tow, gossiping about one thing or another.  But not this one.  He didn't know anything about her, but she looked vaguely familiar--she was probably another student.

Watching her was sort of depressing.  She just sat there, staring at her cup.  Staring at the clock.  Staring at nothing.  He didn't see her talk to anyone except the bartender, and that was only to order a drink.  She seemed to be wallowing in some sort of self-pity.  He couldn't being to guess what was bothering her, but something had to be on her mind.  No one got drunk alone unless they wanted to forget something.  He knew that.  Finally, when people started leaving, he decided he would go up to her.  She would need help getting back to school at the very least, if not someone to talk to.

And Andy made a very good listener.

"Hey there, are you okay?"  He asked, sliding into the stool next to her with his half-empty bottle of firewhiskey.
"Get out of my way! I'm a free spirit!"
FOREVER WILL NEVER BE LONG ENOUGH.
"And now I understand a phrase I once thought odd;
I guess to love another person is to see the face of God."

Crazy_About_You

(yup open)

Zepha heard a voice, she looked up at the barteneder who was at the other end of the bar. She turned to right to see a tall guy, he looked sort of familiar but she didn't know who he was. Was he asking her for help? She wasn't really sure, everything she was hearing was sort of echoing. She couldn't decide what to do. The old Zee, the one who didn't know what the word trust meant, would've acted completely confident and turned him down.

But that was a different girl. That was the girl who was shy, and didn't want help. That was the girl who didn't break the rules, and did what she was told. The girl she was now tried to make friends but failed, the girl she was now went and got wasted in a bar. And the girl she was now, she needed help.

"No, I mean yes, I mean" she paused. She dunked her head then said quietly said "No, I'm not okay". She stuck her hands into her pocket and then looked at him. She realized that he probably wasn't any older than her, maybe younger. Wow I must look really pathetic she thought, finally realizing how dumb she was to come here in the first place.

potter_fan122

Andy watched her carefully, calculating how much he had seen her drink with how long it had taken her to respond.  As far as he knew, they had came into the bar at about the same time, but he wasn't sure how much she had been drinking.  He, himself, had doctored only two bottles of whiskey so far. 

So far.

Tilting his head slightly to the side and scanned her eyes.  "I'm Andy," he intorduced himself softly, "Is there anything I can help you with?"  She couldn't be much older or younger than him.  Most likely she was a sixth or seventh year at Hogwarts.  Funny how he didn't know her.

Crazy_About_You

She glanced up at him, and then noticed his eys. They were a brilliant blue grey and were staring right at her. But not just staring at her in a bad way, but with a decent amount of concern. For some reason she felt like she could trust those eyes, even though she barely knew his name. She suddently realized she was staring and ducked her head. 

"Zepha." she said flattly. "I'm uh new at Hogwarts this semester." she paused. Here was the difficult part, asking for help. It was out of charecter and against everything she had ever taught herself to do. It went against every instinct she had. But she knew she had no choice.

"Could you, um maybe, help me get back to the school? If you wouldn't mind? Or if its not out of your way or anything". She cringed, wasn't her smoothest line, and she was begining to ramble. Although by this point any dignity she had left was gone anyway and it really didn't matter anymore how stupid she looked.

potter_fan122

Zepha seemed awefully insecure about herself.  Shy, too. 

"Of course I can.  Here,"  He answered, draining the last of his bottle and setting back on the counter, along with enough coins to pay for both of the drinks.  He pulled his dark grey peacoat tighter around himself and stood up, holding out his hand for her to take.  She had been sitting for a while, so when she rose was when they would both find how much the alcohol had affected her.

"I'm a sixth year, Slytherin," He added, making conversation as he lead her to the door.

Crazy_About_You

Zepha looked at his hand outstreched toward her. She smiled a small smile of relief then attempted to stand up. She felt a little shakey, okay she felt a lot shakey, so she placed her hands on the bar to steady herself. When the room stopped spinning and she as sure that she could stand on her own she slid on her black jacket. It was extreemly worn out and she had been wearing it for the last four winters.

She looked at Andy and then placed her hand in his. "I'm a sixth year too, but I'm in Ravenclaw." she said as she started with him towards the door. "So, if your in Slytherin, maybe I shouldn't walk back to the school with you." She said jokingly.

As soon as she opened the door she took in a quick breath. The air was extreemly cold compared to the warm bar and was a shock to her drunken system.

potter_fan122

When they got outside and he was sure she wasn't going to topple over, he pulled his hand away and stuffed it into his pocket.  It was freezing out, and there was a light dusting of snow on the ground that crunched under his feet as he walked.  Thankfully the wind wasn't blowing any more, so you could at least pretend you weren't cold.

"I like the think that the Slytherin stereotypes don't apply to me," he joked in return to her comment.  He actually really disliked being in Slytherin.  Everybody just assumed he was a nasty person.  Some of them weren't wrong, but there was no need to make assumptions.

"You should have no need to fear me, miss," he continued with a small bow.  "My only interest is helping you back the the castle safely."

Crazy_About_You

She also stuffed her hand in her pocket. It was so cold that she could already feel her fingers going numb. She was staring directly at the ground, trying to make sure that she didn't step on any ice.

She let out a small laugh at what he said. "Considering I don't know you," she paused when she felt her foot start to slip on something and then walked around the sheet of ice, "and don't know where I am, I am guessing I am going to have to belive you. At least long enough so that I can at least see the school."

potter_fan122

Andy smiled at Zepha.  For being drunk, she seemed fairly coherent.  Maybe she held her alcohol better than most students.

"Sure.  You don't want to make a habit of befriending every persont that tries to help you in a bar," he agreed.  "But honestly, I mean you no harm."  He looked directly at her when he said this, trusting his feet and reflexes to keep him upright.  Then he laughed softly, running his hand through his short blond hair.  "Nevermind.  You'll probably forget me as soon as you fall asleep, never to remember me again."

Crazy_About_You

Feeling his gaze on her Zepha quickly looked up. He was being totally sincere and she apreciated it. He was different than most people, he actually cared about her well being and didn't even know her.

"Oh don't you worry." She said, looking him in the eye. "I'm not gonna forget the suprisingly nice slytherin who helped me home." she said jokingly. Then shequickly glanced a the ground to check for ice and then looked back at him. Then in a more serrious tone she said "If you hadn't of been nice enough to help me, I would have eventually either passed out in that bar, or stumbled home and passed out on the way there." she paused then said "So I promise, I'm not going to forget you."

potter_fan122

"Well that makes me feel loads better about my many good deeds," he replied softly, only a very slight hint of sarcasm in his tone.  She probably wouldn't pick it up.  At least he hoped she wouldn't.

"So you're a sixth year, huh?  What classes are you taking?" Andy, himself, was in the msot advanced classes he could get.  For a guy he was pretty smart, but he didn't flaunt it at all.  Instead he acted just like the other dimwits that called themselves his friends.

Crazy_About_You

Zepha glanced at Andy, giving him a questioning look, but then disregarded it figuring it didn't matter.

"Well, I'm in all of your baisic, idiot classes." Wizardry wasn't exactly something she put her heart into. She rather but up on a stage dancing and singing. Wizardry was just, well it wasn't her first priority. She now realized that the reason she had never met him before was because they were never in the same class. That explains a lot she thought.

potter_fan122

Andy looked at her curiously.

"You told me that you were new.  Where did you transfer from?"  He asked, raising an eyebrow.  Maybe she was a Squib, and could only do a little magic.  Surely she wouldn't be at Hogwarts if she was a Squib.  "And what do you do in your free time?"  If she was in the basic classes, not only should she have more free time from lack of homework, but she had fewer classes in general.

Crazy_About_You

((Gah! I admitt it I never read Harry Potter!!! My friend said this was a good rp site and it didn't matter if I ever read the books or not so I joined! I know diddly squat about Harry Potter! Sorry!!!!! Don't hate me!!!!))

She sighed, this was a very common question. "Well, I just recently found out I was a wizard and then they signed me up." she said. "Baisically, its just complicated". There the hard part of the question.

Now the easy part. "Well, at home I used to sing a lot." She felt herself blushing, for some reason she found this extreemly embarassing. "But now, well I just write songs and run. I like to run, its like therapy you know?"