News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

••••

Started by Sky, February 19, 2011, 12:39:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sky

Something was very off about today. While it was still winter and typical for the sky to have some gray to it, today was different. The clouds were dark. Like a storm was coming. Thunderstorms weren't common in winter. The air was full of tension and a hint of fear. Perhaps it was because the Mitch's knew this involved the Death Eaters.

Sky peeked around the curtain in their living room to see how it looked outside. If maybe the conditions had changed. But instead of it fading, the clouds only seemed to get darker. She let the curtain slide back and turned, not surprised to see their chocolate lab, Jake. He was different too. The storm was effecting him more than anyone else. He knew something wasn't right and had kept by Sky's side all morning.

"Hey Jake."
Sky smiled and pet him softly. "You're such a good dog."

Upon looking up, Sky realized how dark her house was. She didn't have any lights on, except a small one in the baby's room. She had stayed there a majority of the night and all morning. She just had a weird feeling. She would have been in there now, but she came down for some water and a little snack. She hadn't eaten since yesterday, and she had to eat for Char.

Once she got her things, she and Jake returned back to the baby's room. Sky peered into the crib to see her sleeping little boy. She smiled and sat down in the rocking chair, Jake laying beside her.

potter_fan122

Jason quietly stepped into the nursery, his blue-grey eyes flickering first to Sky then their child.  The dog layed between them, as he had all day.  He was glad to have such a loyal pet in the house.

"Here, love," Jason said, kneeling before Sky and holding out two little pills.  It was asprin.  He had started forming a massive headache around noon, and even if Sky felt fine she wouldn't soon enough.  "I checked the yard and reinforced some of the spells," he added softly, "I don't like the look of the sky, but there's a possibility it could just be another storm."

They both knew that was a lie.  The storm was too intense too late in the season for it to be natural.  There were dark patches in the clouds that seemed to glow.  Even the temperature had dropped dramatically.

No, this was no ordinary storm, and Jason was prepared for the worst.

((Ew. I'm sorry.))
"Get out of my way! I'm a free spirit!"
FOREVER WILL NEVER BE LONG ENOUGH.
"And now I understand a phrase I once thought odd;
I guess to love another person is to see the face of God."

Sky

Sky looked at the aspirin, but shook her head.

"Thank you sweetheart." She paused for a short moment. "I know its them. I've never had this feeling during a storm. Something just isn't right. I...I can just feel it."

She had been worried plenty of times in her life. But with Char now in the picture, and Jason and Jake to protect, Sky had never been this worried. She knew they would come. They would arrive when the couple least expect it. And Sky would do anything to protect her son. Anything.

"I don't understand. I don't get why they want us to suffer so much. Is something wrong with them? Voldemort's dead. They don't have a leader to fear anymore."

But these remaining members of the Death Eaters were just that loyal. Loyal enough to take revenge on their deceased leader's ex-members. To honor his memory. It seemed psychotic, but as those members, honor was all you really had left. Everything else Voldemort had taken from them. It was one thing they had to make them feel good about themselves. They were taught that there was no escape, except death. They still had that mindset. They had nothing to go back to. They only had each other.

potter_fan122

Jason curled his fingers around the pills and put his free hand on her shoulder.  His jaw was clenched as he looked up to her.  A fierce feeling deep inside his chest bubbled up and he finally leaned forward to pull Sky into a hug.  He wanted to protect her more than anything, and the fact that he didn't know how to do that killed him.

"They want us to suffer just like they did," he whispered.  "They don't don't know what else to do, and coming after us gives them something to do."  His voice was soft and grave.  A low growl from Jake made him pull back from the embrace and look towards the window.  The sky was a churning grey with darker streaks.

-They're here.-

Sky

Glass shattering. That was all Sky heard after Jason spoke. Glass littering the floor with hundreds of broken shards, but Sky just narrowly missed the big ones since she was in the chair. She jumped up, wand already in hand, and pointed it at the first dark cloak she saw.

"Stupefy!" She yelled. A thin red beam flashed from the tip of her wand to the body, but the mystery person evaded. More dark cloaks entered the room, but Sky only noticed one. The one that was looking into the crib.

"Oh, so you've got a baby now, little Mason girl." A thick, masculine voice called. Sky turned and saw the face of the man who killed her parents. Yellow eyes. Shaggy black hair with bits of gray. "That kinda reminds me of an old scenario. Hmm...now what was it?" He brought his finger to his chin, his eyes rising to the ceiling in thought.

"Ah, yes! Remember when myself and my accomplice killed your parents? I remember watching the blood drain from their faces as death took over. Tsk tsk tsk. Y'know, if I would have gotten to you, we wouldn't even be here today. You're lucky, little Mason girl."

"Shut up." Sky spat. "I'm tired of these ga--."

Sky cut herself off when yellow eyes instant appeared behind her, to the crib. He reached in a picked up the baby, sleeping soundly somehow. She reached for Char but was cut off when she was stunned by the other Death Eaters. As if one stunning spell wasn't enough. She dropped her wand and fell to the ground, immobilized. Unable to speak or move. But she wanted to scream.

Don't touch him!

potter_fan122

He saw Sky's eyes flicker behind him before he heard the glass shatter.  He spun around, standing as he did so.  A wave of dizzyness washed over him, but he pulled out his wand and pointed it at the first figure he saw.  A stream of purple light shot from his wand and the figure fell, too slow to avoid the beam.  Two more went down before he saw something out of the corner of his eye.  Half turning, he saw someone reach into the crib, someone that wasn't Sky.

"Put him back,"  Jason growled, his eyes burning.  The tip of his wand was trained on the man holding Char.  He could feel more people coming into the room; there was the thick scent of heavy breathing and the pressure from outside seemed to have doubled.

"Ah, Jason," the voice drawled, "All grown up now, aren't we?  Got yourself a pretty little wife an' kid.  Even got someone to put up some fancy spells to keep up away."  There was a slight lisp to the man's words, and he knew instantly who it was. 

"I said put the baby back,"  Jason hissed, raising his wand slightly.  The man only laughed and shook his head, rocking Char mockingly.

"I don't take orders from you, boy."

((Should Stacey magically pop in?))

Sky

((Sure. If you'd like to.))

Sky pushed herself to get up, but could not move no matter how much she tried. She could feel how tense her muscles had become from the spell, how contracted they felt.

"Look at her, always defenseless. Little damsel. Y'know, she wasn't always so useless. She knew her magic better than anyone to ever join this organization. That was why the Dark Lord wanted her. He saw her potential. Such a same to see it go to waste."  The man stared down at Sky, who met his gaze with fire in her eyes. With a mere snap of his fingers, all wands from the surrounding Death Eaters pointed at Jason, prepared to attack. 

"I think the best way to make you suffer is to take what is most important to you, don't you all agree?"

The others nodded beneath their hoods.

"Excellent. Well then, I think this was a simple trip. No bloodshed. No need to wash my cloak tonight. I think this boy will make for a nice sacrifice to him. Farewell."

NO!

Sky's eyes began to shed tears. She was so useless. And they were gone. Gone as quick as they came, as always. Leaving a mess behind them.

potter_fan122

Jason lurched forward just as he realized that they were all leaving.  He fell to his knees, his arms stretched towards nothing.

-They're gone.- 

Gone.  His baby was gone.  A part of his family was missing.  He could see Jake out of the corner of his eye, frozen by some stunning spell.  Beside him, Sky was immobile as well.  He stood, face grave, and whispered the spell that let them move again.  The dog was growling low in his throat and quickly looked around for the now absent intruders. 

"I'm sorry," he coughed, not meeting Sky's eyes.  How had he failed her this badly?  How could this happen?  Everything was in place.  There was protection on the property!  "I'm so sorry, love."

Sky

Sky jumped to her feet as soon as Jason had reversed the spell and leaped through the broken window, landing in the snow.

"Bring him back!" She screamed. "Bring him back!" She was grabbing the snow as she came to the realization that they would not bring Char back. Tears streamed Sky's cheeks.

They were going to sacrifice him. Make them suffer in his Char's death.

potter_fan122

He winced as she screamed.  Her voice was like daggers in his chest.  Tears pricked his eyes, and he fell to his knees again, covering his face with his hands.  How could this happen.

There was a sharp sizzle in the air, and Stacey appeared in the Mitchs' backyard.  Her hair was messy, and she was wearing plaid pajama bottoms and a big black tee.  She had felt the disturbance in the wards as soon as the Death Eaters passed them, but she had to attend to a squaling Will at home.  She came as fast as she could.  As soon as she appeared, she could tell that they were gone.  She held her wand out and stalked towards the house, jumping barefoot through the snow to her friend.

"What happened?" She asked, kneeling down.  Her eyes were a bright amber and seemed to glow with power.  Stacey put her hot hand on Sky's should and looked up to the open window.  There was an absence, and as she concentrated she could feel the leftover emmotions from the scene.

"Oh my God," she said, almost falling over.  "Oh my--Sky, I'm so sorry. We'll find him."

Sky

Sky slapped Stacey's hand away and jumped back through the window, stepping over the broken glass and into the hall. She grabbed her cloak off of the coat hanger and slipped on her dragonhide boots in a hurry. She gripped her wand tightly in her hand as she looked for what else she needed.

She was going to find her son. They would not take him from her.