News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

The Mission ((Open))

Started by Sky, March 27, 2011, 07:23:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lola_La_Fringe7

Jackie pushed herself up from the ground, relief radiating from her body. Stacey was better than she remembered. But there was still the issue of the boy. She was surprised when he was able to push out of her grasp with a desperate strength that seemed to surge through him when he was trying to escape.

The rage and desperation faded from him, she saw. He looked almost peaceful.

With a small breeze, she was over next to them in a second, standing slightly behind and off to the side of Stacey. The baby was clasped tightly in her arms and the look on her face told Jackie she wouldn't be letting go of it any time soon.

So now the question: what to do about Henry? Lightly brushing her friend's mind, she determined that they were on the same train of thought. They couldn't leave him here, no matter how much he seemed to want them to. What do you want to do? She sent towards Stacey's mind, hoping she was coming to something more conclusive than herself.

Gazing down at Henry, Jackie finally spoke. "Are you just going to lay there?" She asked, pausing to wipe mud off of her face. This boy confounded her; confused her in a way she didn't usually face.
Learn to love life, and you will find there is so much more to love.

Sky

Henry looked up at Jackie and brought himself to a sitting position. His leg hurt. A lot. It'd be hard to walk. How long would it be before they hunted him down and punished him for failing this one mission he was given? And he had just joined today. Now he wouldn't be able to save her.

He bit his lip as he brought himself slowly to his feet. He looked down with shame.

potter_fan122

Stacey watched him, her eyes getting a faint red tinge.  Char nuzzled his little head against her shoulder, sighing a soft cry.

"Listen, I can't stay her with you forever.  I can help you, but only if you want me to.  I'm not going to drag myself into some Death Eater affair if the only thing you're going to do is try to run away or kill me.  I have enough to worry about.  But, as my nicer side entails, I can't just leave you here.  So do you want my help or not, kid, because I have my own children to take care of, and this young man needs to be returned to his mother."

((Nyeh.))
"Get out of my way! I'm a free spirit!"
FOREVER WILL NEVER BE LONG ENOUGH.
"And now I understand a phrase I once thought odd;
I guess to love another person is to see the face of God."

Sky

"H-how can you possibly help me? I'm branded. They'll find me. I'll probably be dead before my mother will be." Henry said quickly. He was nervous now. He felt uneasy. His eyes were on Char. He sighed. "Take him home. Before they come."

potter_fan122

Stacey snorted, putting her free hand on her hip.  Again, she looked more like a teenager than an adult.  As long as you ignored her red eyes and the aura of power around her.

"The Marks can be removed.  Maybe not forever, but at least for a while.  The couple this baby came from, they were Death Eaters.  They left.  They're alive.  I... I can help you."  Here she started to talk more carefully.  Would she really want to associate herself with the Death Eater's plans?  She had avoided them so far, which was a pretty big accomplishment for her.

"I'm guessing they put some sort of tag in your mind.  So they can find you and track you.  Maybe even read your thoughts.  I can try to take it out, if you want me to.  And as for them coming here now, that's pretty unlikely considering I'm like a big blank spot on any radar.  Sorry to disappoint your rescue efforts."

Sky

"You...you can do that?" Henry looked at her with the strangest look in his eyes. A slight glimmer of hope maybe? Maybe that was why his mood was so messed up. The tag must have done it.

He didn't want this. He honestly didn't. Henry would never join an organization such as the Death Eaters. But he loved his mother dearly and he would put his life on the line to save hers if he needed to. He didn't want to lose her.

"Please.... Help me."

potter_fan122

-What are you getting yourself into, girl?-

She looked down to the baby in her arms, hiding her now grey eyes.  She didn't need this.  She didn't need this on top of everything else.  But... she couldn't just leave him.

With a sigh she adjusted Char and moved a couple steps closer.  "If I heal your leg and leave you somewhere safe, can you handle staying there while I return this child to his mother?"

Sky

Henry nodded but then shook his head after a pause.

"Forget me and my leg. I don't deserve it. Just take the tag off and I'll take care of myself. Get him home before they get to you." It was probably too soon to try to make up for what he did. But he didn't mean what he did to begin with. He took his wand out from his pocket and pulled up his pant leg to reveal the stab wound. It was pretty deep and bloody. But he would manage. Tapping it slightly, wincing from the tender skin, the wound slowly started to heal. The skin was mending.

potter_fan122

Stacey raised an eyebrow, surprised.  Not only was he talking back to her, but he was healing himself.  With a spell.

"Okay.  First, I'm not even going to ask you how you can do that.  Second, I am not just going to forget you.  I know you don't know me, but I'd like to tell myself that you kids have heard of me and my reputation.  If that was the case, however, you would know how incredibly stubborn I am.  And actually, I don't like you too much.  So I'm going to stay here and bother you until you do what I want you to do."

Lola_La_Fringe7

((Wow, haven't been on in a lil' while. If you guys want me to bud out, ha just lemme know!))

"You know, Stacey, if you want to run that baby back to... Um, whoever he belongs to; I could wait here with Henry." Jackie volunteered, wincing only slightly when Henry revealed his bloody stab wound.

She saw the blood welling up from his leg. Jackie bit her lip and swallowed, her throat suddenly dry and course. A reflex that refused to go away. She had virtually conquered her blood lust, but it was ever present in her mind. It was like a person who tried to repress the urge to flinch when something came flying at their face. The fact that she hadn't eaten for about four days didn't help either.

She moved her eyes away from the healing cut to Henry's face. "If that's ok with you too?" She asked, her voice slightly rasping. Stupid hunger.
Learn to love life, and you will find there is so much more to love.

potter_fan122

Stacey glared down at Henry, not realizing that Jackie's hunger was contributing to her mood.  Her eyes were still tinted red. 

"I can do that," she answered her friend.  "Are you sure you'll be okay?"  She added, wondering when Jackie had eaten last.  Thoughts of blood and how it tasted were starting to file into her mind and she pushed them away with a hard mental shove.  She didn't need those bothering her now. 

"But you, had better stay here.  There's still a tracker in your mind somewhere, and as soon as I leave it will be visible again.  So you can run away and get caputured by them or stay here and let me help you."  She raised an eyebrow, eying the kid.

Sky

Henry nodded.

"Alright. I'll accept your help. But you better go now. They're going to find out soon that I'm not where I should be and they'll hunt me down. You need to get him to his parents."

The wound was mostly healed now, just a little red and slightly tender. It would still need a little more time. His leg felt a little stiff but that would be alright too.

potter_fan122

She gave him a long look, hoping to appear imposing or threatening.  Finally she softened her gaze and looked down at the baby in her arms, then to Jackie.

"I need to go.  I know you can take care of him.  But you, young man, had better stay here.  You might have healed that, but I can do plenty worse."  With that she turned and with a soft snap disappeared.

((Doo too dooooo.))